Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 06:40 PM

7 posts, read 16,516 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving up to McKinney from the Houston area and we have three dogs that we love very much.

Know a good veterinarian in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 08:42 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
There are vets and animal hospitals all over the westside of McKinney, I have been to the McKinney Animal Hospital on Eldorado just east of Lake Forest and found it nice. There is also a very nice SPCA branch in the Craig Ranch area of McKinney, on Stacy Road just east of Custer. I have found great service there and for much better pricing than a vet's office. But then again, I grew up in the country where our dogs and cats weren't treated on par with children and just can't justify spending tons of money on a pet.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:27 AM

Default Thank You

Thank you for the great response... We treat ours somewhere in between a "ton of money" and kids so your response is great!

Old 10-20-2009, 07:04 AM

583 posts, read 2,634,126 times
I use Mckinney Animal Hospital for grooming & twice for boarding, nice. I think they are $$. I like Cross Timers Vet on Custer. We use them for checkups/booster shots/boarding. Both are great vets and I would recommend either one.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:24 AM

Thank you for the great advice! Since we have 3 dogs cost is a big deal to us. I think we'll take your advice and go with Cross Timbers (it is closer to us anyways)

Old 10-20-2009, 09:04 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonorthtexas View Post
Thank you for the great advice! Since we have 3 dogs cost is a big deal to us. I think we'll take your advice and go with Cross Timbers (it is closer to us anyways)
Stop by the SPCA on Stacy Road in the Craig Ranch area and check it out, excellent facility. Had to put my cat down a couple of years ago, McKinney Animal Hospital was going to charge me over $100, the SPCA did it for $25. It was gut wrenching enough without having to shell out the big bucks.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:28 AM

6 posts, read 8,715 times
Looking for more info on Mckinney Vets as we have tried BOTH of the ones mentioned.. McKinney Animal Hosp is very pricey and TOO busy for us.. and Cross Timbers.. not the best... hoping to get more feedback on good vets in Mckinney and even other's close in this city. Dr King off Coit is pricey and the receptionist staff is very rude. I am looking to take my girls elsewhere... Not happy with Dr King either. Having a really hard time finding any vet that is good enough for my girls. So many listed but not enough feedback to make a good decision... Bronstad at Custer is an IMS and he also failed my expectations.. unfortunately..

Old 04-17-2010, 08:40 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times
We take ours to Dr King at North Coit.I have never had any experiences with rude staff.He saved our dog's life when the first vet at the all night ER clinic on Custer told us to put her down,that there was no hope.She survived fine without any major discomfort.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:07 PM

6 posts, read 8,715 times
Default Dr King

From what I was told- Dr King hasn't "actually" practiced for that long.
Our IMS shared that tiny tid bit with us.. He has been involved but never hands on. How true that is? not sure. He wasn't a terrible vet- he was slow and I liked that about him but he also was not very clear at times, in between all of his coughing and hacking problems I barely could understand him and what he was talking about most of the time. That wasn't the kicker though...
He nickled and dimed me to death. When asked to look at my dogs paw to see if a growth could be removed he tacked on a whopping 65.00 for an exam and he never even did an exam on my dog! In fact, I was the one that picked her up and all he did was LOOK. The reason I wanted him to take a look was because our other vet we had been seeing said that it was too close to the bone and they could not remove the growth. Well, it was now handing and I worried it would rupture and bleed. So I just wanted a yes or no answer.. can you remover this or not?

When I got the invoice- I noticed that he charged me for a FULL exam and he never even did an exam on her???? Never listened to her heart or checked her temp- looked at her teeth, ears.. nothing.

When I questioned the add'tl charge he said in a VERY VERY RUDE VOICE: "LOOK!!! You asked me to look at 2 dogs, you are going to pay for 2 dogs!"

What a fricken joke. And Lou and Cindy... they can stick it up their a$$es! The RUDEST vet staff I have ever dealt with. Esp Lou. with her attitude.. this place didn't even want to give me copies of my labs that I paid for. We have since found a MUCH BETTER VET. This place will no longer get a dime of my money.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:37 AM

1,282 posts, read 3,557,784 times
Glad you found a vet you like much better. Could you share the name? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas