Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 08:45 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times

Advertisements

My vote for good burgers goes to:
Twisted Root (Dallas and Richardson) - as well as their spiced pickles, homemade root beer and sweet potato chips.

Kelly's Eastside in Plano on Ave K and 15th
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,063 times
First time poster! Hello all.

JC's Burger on Preston at 121 is outstanding. Melissa and Ron are the owners and are very nice. Great everything but, I LOVE the home-cut french fries!

Bon appetit!

Old 11-19-2009, 04:16 PM

468 posts, read 1,887,072 times
I also vote for Taco Delight's breakfast burritos at Independance and 15th. I only wish they would improve on their coffee and the powder creamer is horrible. Their orange juice is carbonated orange soda pop. Yuk! The breakfast burritos can't be beat! However, I read your original post. You're staying at Preston and Plano Parkway and driving to a tennis tournament east of I35? If you head out driving east you're taking the long way around. I35 is west of Preston. You're looking for something maybe in Carrollton.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:23 PM

468 posts, read 1,887,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean19 View Post
First time poster! Hello all.

JC's Burger on Preston at 121 is outstanding. Melissa and Ron are the owners and are very nice. Great everything but, I LOVE the home-cut french fries!

Bon appetit!
I also vote for JC's. The Taco Delight is right across the parking lot from the original JC's at Independance and 15th. Just don't go there during lunch on a school day. Plano Senior High floods the place during lunch. They grind their own chuck fresh every morning. JC's also opened several new places. A new one just east of Custer on the 190 Bush on the south side.

About your toll tag. I don't know but it if didn't work, they'll just Zip Cash you and send a bill to the address of your license plates.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:41 AM

501 posts, read 1,463,380 times
I have passed by Taco Delight at 15th and Independence many times and never tried it. I figured it was Taco Bell like. Based on the comments here I will have to give it a try. Also a buddy of mine introduced me to Five Guys burgers in Florida over the summer and I thought it was great. I was very happy to see one in Rochester about six weeks ago. Come to find out they are building one in Plano. They have good burgers, and really good grilled hotdogs, but the best thing about them is their fries.

Last edited by HockeyDadof2; 11-20-2009 at 09:08 AM..

Old 11-20-2009, 08:44 AM

501 posts, read 1,463,380 times
I believe I saw Twisted Root on the Food Network where the bleached spiked haired guy goes to different places picking his favorites. I have been meaning to try that....the burger place not the spiked blond hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
My vote for good burgers goes to:
Twisted Root (Dallas and Richardson) - as well as their spiced pickles, homemade root beer and sweet potato chips.

Kelly's Eastside in Plano on Ave K and 15th

Old 11-20-2009, 09:03 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
I was unimpressed with Twisted Root in Richardson. DH is a big burger guy, and he didn't like it either.

By the way, a lot of you have made me really want to try Taco Delite!

My fave burger joint is Del's in Richardson.

Last edited by Debsi; 11-20-2009 at 09:21 AM..

Old 11-20-2009, 10:08 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyDadof2 View Post
I believe I saw Twisted Root on the Food Network where the bleached spiked haired guy goes to different places picking his favorites. I have been meaning to try that....the burger place not the spiked blond hair.
"Diners, Drive-ins and Dive's" with Guy. Yep, the location in Dallas was on there.

If you like root beer then try it. BUT BEWARE!!! Every day they have a different flavor of root beer as well as NORMAL root beer. I've seen them have Caramel Root Beer, Coconut Root Beer and a few others. Have not tried them at all as they didn't sound appealing to me. They do offer adult shakes The Sweet Potato Chips are good and dh loves the spiced pickles. You help yourself to the pickles. The location in Richardson is redoing their patio. Hopefully making it where you can't smell the grease trap or hear the a/c running.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:22 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times
Been to Twisted Root in Richardson a few times now and their Buffalo burger is stellar. Really great stuff, I'll try something like the Ostrich next time I think.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:09 PM

26 posts, read 79,260 times
Default Taco Delite-Horrible

I guess some folks will eat anything. My wife and I just ate at Taco Delite on 14th street in Plano. I would not feed my dog that quality of food.
Save your money do not eat at Taco Delite.

taco delite
1728 14th St, Plano, TX
(972) 424-5419‎
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas