Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 08:56 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,514,048 times

Advertisements

I know a lot of you might think I´m crazy, but I really do think Outer Siberia is going to be the next hotspot for suburban development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 09:00 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,240,907 times
Both are so yesterday, everyone knows Timbuktu is where the cool kids hang. The lord of the land tells us how to dress and think, and where to shop and eat. Just plug into our hive mind and all will be well.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:05 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,768,937 times
I would rather live closer in, such as Baltic. I don't mind living within 2 miles of older homes (<5 years).

Old 12-15-2009, 10:28 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
I would rather live closer in, such as Baltic. I don't mind living within 2 miles of older homes (<5 years).
Eww!! Do you know what's in "old" homes? Things old farts call "character" like leaded or stain glass windows....upstairs master bedrooms....no media rooms 'cause that's what the "charming" family room is for. I mean, I don't understand what a family room is and how people ever survive without a media AND a game room!

Ps- I heard from my friend Jill's husband's mother's sister's neighbor that some of the really ancient homes in Dallas (which I heard is a totally naughty city full of sinners, sin, and bad oogy stuff) actually have these things called telephone nooks in the hallway. Why would anyone need a nook for their iPhone? Now that's just crazy.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:31 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Keep in mind I have a downtown commute.
What are you talking about as far as Outer Mongolia and Siberia are concerned? How does this relate to Dallas,TX?

Old 12-15-2009, 10:44 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Eww!! Do you know what's in "old" homes? Things old farts call "character" like leaded or stain glass windows....upstairs master bedrooms....no media rooms 'cause that's what the "charming" family room is for. I mean, I don't understand what a family room is and how people ever survive without a media AND a game room!

Ps- I heard from my friend Jill's husband's mother's sister's neighbor that some of the really ancient homes in Dallas (which I heard is a totally naughty city full of sinners, sin, and bad oogy stuff) actually have these things called telephone nooks in the hallway. Why would anyone need a nook for their iPhone? Now that's just crazy.
Don't forget the mandatory PLAY ROOM. One NEEDS the adult "game room" and the kids "play room". Two totally different rooms w/ two totally different uses.

Why do I need a "nook" for my iPhone?????? I have little built-in slots in every room for my iPhone to slip right in and play on the built-in speakers in that room. I just LOOOOOVE my touch screen control panel for everything in the house and even outside lights and the pool.

Everything is automatically controlled in these new houses. I can even put my frozen chicken in the oven and set it to thaw and keep it cool and turn on to cook it at a certain time. I just stick that sucker in there before I leave for my morning commute. By the time I get home from the commute from work and picking up the kids at the creme de la creme preschool our dinner is in the oven and ready. I can cook a "home cooked meal" and not even be home.

I like that all of my neighbors have the same houses. We are always getting together, you know as everyone is so neighborly. When at anyones house we know where everything is. No need to ask where the powder room is (that can be embarrasing). The kids know which way to go to get to their friends play rooms upstairs. Your never lost and being there are only 4 floorplans to pick from there is plenty of variety. How much better can that be. Really takes all of the stress out of moving as it cuts down on the number of decisions that you have to make. It is already made for you. Oh, and what is really neat is when your right next door to a house with the same floorplan but flipped. We can literally open our kitchen windows and borrow that "cup of sugar" without ever leaving our houses.

Living within 2 miles of those older homes can really bring down your value. People moving in when your transfered out are really going to want that new feel. Best to go further out to insure your always "new".

Old 12-15-2009, 11:04 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,240,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
yeah Baltic Avenue on monopoly is one of the cheap properties, who wants to be associated with that, eew!

Old 12-16-2009, 10:28 AM

1,518 posts, read 5,270,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
What are you talking about as far as Outer Mongolia and Siberia are concerned? How does this relate to Dallas,TX?
That's where the new communites are being built! Sure, it may be confusing to find which red brick two story with all wood siding and no tree is yours when you get home at 10:00 every night because of your three hour commute. BUT IT'S A NEW HOUSE! Not like those used houses in tree-filed Dallas.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:56 AM

43 posts, read 169,918 times
ok, I guess I do feel the need to defend the Mongolians after making fun of the situation earlier.

The metroxplex wouldn't be the economic boomtown that we all benefit from if it weren't for the millions of people that live both North and South of 635 (or Loop 12, or 190, or 121, or 380 or wherever we define the line).

If the residents of the metroplex were only allowed to live within the confines of I635, I30, & I35, we would just be some pit-stop small town on the edge of the West Texas desert. "Dallas" wouldn't be the economic powerhouse that it is today. And we all benefit from that.

So if you don't want metroplex residents outside of the loop, then maybe we need to tear down all of the houses inside the loop and build highrise condominiums. That way we could fit everyone inside the loop and we could all get along!

Old 12-16-2009, 10:59 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonpl View Post
That's where the new communites are being built! Sure, it may be confusing to find which red brick two story with all wood siding and no tree is yours when you get home at 10:00 every night because of your three hour commute. BUT IT'S A NEW HOUSE! Not like those used houses in tree-filed Dallas.
Personally, I have never heard those terms used unless Siberia or Outer Mongolia were the actual topics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas