Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 02:10 PM

12 posts, read 30,581 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what the RESELL value would be in South or NORTH Irving vs COPPELL VS FLOWERMOUND? Which areas are good in terms of resell value??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 05:14 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyrph View Post
Does anyone know what the RESELL value would be in South or NORTH Irving vs COPPELL VS FLOWERMOUND? Which areas are good in terms of resell value??
It is hard to find anything in Coppell in your price range. When it comes to resale schools are a very large factor and the schools in C & FM are very highly rated.

Another very nice area that would work for you is Bedford.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:50 AM

6 posts, read 8,668 times
I live in the 75060 area, and from what I've seen on here south Irving DOES get a bad rap. You have to remember that some of these older neighborhoods date from the 1940's and 50's when this was a rural community. The Graff Farms homes are beautiful, but the neighborhood is very artificial, with no older trees or anything. The neighborhood to the north and to the east of Graff Farms are older, but also nice. The neighborhood to the north has larger lots (some approaching the size of one to two acres.). In general, from what I've seen, southwest Irving is much nicer than southeast Irving. Personally, I wouldn't look anywhere east of Story Road. I guess I could say there has been some gentrification going on, and the city has put alot of effort in revitalizing downtown and some of the older neighborhoods. They've gone a long way since 10 years ago. I have lived in the same house my whole life (22 years), and I honestly think that Irving as a whole is on the upswing. I would go to streetview on Google maps and look around yourself!

As for resale value, I think Coppell and North Irving are overpriced. I mean come on, you see a home selling for $350,000 and think really?! A good area for resell would be Arlington, Bedford, or S Irving. And maybe Euless. I don't know anything about Flower Mound.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:47 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,683,373 times
jerseyrph, I strongly recommend you look for houses in Valley Ranch, which is North Irving north of hwy 635. It has a newer feel and the schools that serves VR are all good. Coppell serves homes on the west side of MacArthur and Carrollton FB serves the east side. There's a beautiful new high school. You will be a bit challenged to find a new home in your price range but you should look. I know the area well and its very accessible to everything and the canal, community center, library are all great contributors to a super good lifestyle there. Your husband would have a 10-15 minute commute!

Old 03-14-2010, 09:40 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redthing View Post
As for resale value, I think Coppell and North Irving are overpriced. I mean come on, you see a home selling for $350,000 and think really?! .
The value is in the eye of the buyer and how much you are willing to pay for one of the best locations and school districts in DFW. Coppell is really a small town and has just a few houses in all price ranges. This means there is a huge demand and not a large selection of homes.

Flower Mound is one of my favorite cities. I tell my clients that Flower Mound would not exist if they could have found a house in Coppell 1st. Most FM people 1st started looking in Coppell then ended up going father north. (And FM is 2 times larger than Coppell)

You are right about the older part of Irving. I have a lot of respect for the area and it's affordable homes. The school district strives for excellence, their main problem is they have to spend a lot of resources on kids who speak no English. It is a great example of the effects of illegal immigration.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:19 PM

2 posts, read 2,788 times
75038 is the exact zip code 3 bdrm, fenced yard, although I hear that's hard to come by. I'd like to rent for around $1000-$1500 so I can save for a home. Nice schools are important. I definately want to be in the nicer parts, so if I can't find a house in that price range maybe a nicer apartment.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:01 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,581,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You are right about the older part of Irving. I have a lot of respect for the area and it's affordable homes. The school district strives for excellence, their main problem is they have to spend a lot of resources on kids who speak no English. It is a great example of the effects of illegal immigration.
So true! The illegal immigration issue needs to be dealt with and fast! My taxes are paying for these students to receive an education, free lunch, etc.. I live in the 75060 zip code and see it all the time. The school district is having a very difficult time with catering to some Hispanic students while at the same time teaching those who do understand. It's actually hurting those students who are doing a good job because all the students are lumped into the same category. Irving ISD has some of the best teachers around; I only hope they deal with this problem soon before it gets even worse!

Old 08-06-2011, 04:49 AM

2 posts, read 7,083 times
STAY OUT OF SOUTH IRVING!! If you dont already live there, there is no reason to move there. lots of ghetto apartments. Mainly hispanic prob over 60 or 70 percent.... keeps getting more and more like an inner city neighborhood every day.. Las Colinas is one of the best places to live in texas. every thing you would ever need and hardly any crime.. worth the extra price.. Honest opinion from some one who's been here 24 yrs grew up in south irving, and went to the public schools here.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:20 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,683,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crookedItrash View Post
STAY OUT OF SOUTH IRVING!! If you dont already live there, there is no reason to move there. lots of ghetto apartments. Mainly hispanic prob over 60 or 70 percent.... keeps getting more and more like an inner city neighborhood every day.. Las Colinas is one of the best places to live in texas. every thing you would ever need and hardly any crime.. worth the extra price.. Honest opinion from some one who's been here 24 yrs grew up in south irving, and went to the public schools here.

Crookedtrash.......you are new to City Data. Please note the date when someone posted before you repond. You are responding to someone's inquiry well over a year ago. They don't need help anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas