Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 05:09 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,899,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Try Carolina's at Midway/Rosemeade - I thought theirs was pretty good. Also Nuevo Leon in Farmer's Branch (Josey and Valley View, I think) is good - they also have a mole verde - Welcome to Nuevo León mex-mex restaurant “We believe our restaurants are based on family traditions and taste for good food, cooked with pride and served with hospitality.” - Farmers Branch Texas.
Thank-you!!!

we will there this weekend...hubby is leaving the country for 2 months and wants good mexican before he goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 05:25 PM

11,872 posts, read 26,935,646 times
I forgot about Luna De Noche... LOVE their tortilla soup!!!

I always get the "Christmas" chicken enchiladas at Uncle Julio's. I agree I have yet to find good red chile elsewhere in DFW.

For good fish tacos, try Fuzzy's Taco Shop. they have several locations. Also, Costa Vida in Colleyville and Baja's in Southlake or Grapevine. They aren't quite as good as Rubio's on the west coast, but they are pretty yummy!

Old 03-30-2010, 05:28 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,838,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Yum, last night I was thinking about going by there and getting some Bob to go -- in the mornings I just go to Taco Joint on Carroll and order their version - "The Disaster"

Chile Rellenos are the best thing at Matt's IMO, however...
Mmm, those are good. Did you ever know Reuban and Rosey when they worked at Matt's when it was around the corner, facing Angelo's? THey open up Dos Rios in Richardson. A lot of the same menu items, including the chile rellenos.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:31 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,201,386 times
Rueben yes! Worked with little Matt...Will have to check out Dos Rios if I get up there..

BTW, the original Matt's took over that space from Michelino's Italian - Liz Sandone owned it and she's the mother of the Sandone Tent and Christmas Tree Bros...

Old 03-30-2010, 05:42 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,838,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Rueben yes! Worked with little Matt...Will have to check out Dos Rios if I get up there..

BTW, the original Matt's took over that space from Michelino's Italian - Liz Sandone owned it and she's the mother of the Sandone Tent and Christmas Tree Bros...
How about that. Dos Rios is on the southeast quad of Coit and Belt Line, over by Blockbuster. Rosey was the hostess ran the cash register at Matts. Rueban has gotten a little grayer, but not much.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:52 AM

3 posts, read 4,189 times
Default TUMPANUMBA's

Tupanumba's on Inwood going South where it converges with the Dallas Tollway Service Road. That place is AWESOME. I liked it better than MiCocina. It's the best Mexican I've had since I've moved out here and I'm used to TexMex New England style.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:40 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,201,386 times
Tupi's has been around for what, almost 40 years? It used to be on NW Highway near Bachman Lake. Was there about a year ago and still good stuff!

Something to remember: Tupi's owner Eddie Dominguez favors the Aggies while former owner of Casa Dominguez, Pete, favored UT.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:27 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,491,586 times
Thanks for all the tips everybody. In the end I decided to stick with what I knew and stayed with EF because I was afraid to rewrite the script as the curtain was rising. EF rose to the occasion and the Brits were very impressed but surprisingly they did not consider it the best Mexican food they've ever had. I'll have to ask where they had better.

Just so you know though, I will be auditioning all your suggestions one by one over the course of time so next time we have visitors I'll hopefully have even better options.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:33 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,441,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
the Brits were very impressed but surprisingly they did not consider it the best Mexican food they've ever had. I'll have to ask where they had better.
Texas Embassy in London has surprisingly good Mexican food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas