Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2012, 03:36 PM

219 posts, read 455,583 times

Advertisements

All I can say is In-N-Out's in Dallas sure has pissed off people in Denver, they're so jealous that DFW now has them.. >.<
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 07:35 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIowan View Post
All I can say is In-N-Out's in Dallas sure has pissed off people in Denver, they're so jealous that DFW now has them.. >.<
.... why?

Old 10-20-2012, 12:24 AM

19,798 posts, read 18,093,261 times
Grossly overrated.

So far as fast food burgers go Whataburger is gigaparsecs ahead.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:41 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,122,387 times
New for 2012

Zagat’s 2012 fast food survey results are out. The popular restaurant guide surveyed 10,554 people who made a total of 1.2 million trips to fast food eateries per year. They ranked their favorite chains based on popularity, food, decor and service. The chains were divided between two categories: large, with 100 to 5,000 locations and mega, with over 5,000 locations in the United States.

In-n-Out Burger
#1 on the large chain lists for most popular
#1 top-rated food
#1 service
#1 top overall

Fun Facts:

In n Out is the 11th most liked fast food chain on Facebook despite being the only one in the top 20 with less than 1000 locations (270).

Last edited by slo1318; 10-20-2012 at 12:57 AM..

Old 10-20-2012, 12:45 AM

1,518 posts, read 3,056,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knotquiteawake View Post
Every whataburger I've had was was greasy (dripping and to the point where the gun gets soggy)...
Well it better be greasy. Who the hell wants some dried up burger that's going to get stuck in their throat?

Old 10-20-2012, 12:57 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,122,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
There are always great hole in the wall places in every town. But it shouldn't be so "closeted" if you will. Most of the people I know out here won't even eat anything other than burgers. Where are the independent delis to get a good sandwich? I've been to Jimmy's and I've been to deli news. They're only OK and I'm not that picky. I don't live near them either. I suppose that's my fault for moving into the burbs. Even when I did live in Dallas proper, I couldn't find a non chain sandwich place. One can only take so much jersey mike's! Why do I have to hunt for a good place to eat? No one ever recommends anything via word of mouth that isn't a damn chain. Everyone in my office's idea of fine dining is Olive Garden.

I agree. I was happy when Jersey Mikes came to Ft Worth because you couldnt find a decent sandwich. Now theres a bunch of new chains popping up everywhere. But its true, eat something enough and even lobster starts to taste like cardboard. The other areas Texas is weak: pizza. asian/chinese. other ethnics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Very likely. And it's a Big Mac. Overpriced and under taste, that's who In-N-Out is. And Dan's would be a Austin place that whoops INO's butt daily for taste and bang for buck.
Dans = Steak n shake. = not that great....

Old 10-20-2012, 01:14 AM

178 posts, read 399,132 times
slow and overrated. the burgers are okay, the fries are terrible. i dont get what the big deal is.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:20 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Well I tried to help. Yes, I do expect the best, most authentic ethnic food to be small local mom and pop shops. I don't see the DFW area as any different from the rest of the country in that way. If you live in Frisco/Prosper/Anna...etc...far out suburbs, you aren't going to find it. You may find an incredible country cooking place (and I love those too)but it will soon be out of business due to the new strip malls and plethora of Olive Gardens.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:46 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times
In n Out is a great bargain burger better than others that cost the same price. However as far as being a great tasting burger, I will take Burger Street any time over In n Out, What burger, 5 guys, you name it.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:56 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,226,086 times
The sheer amount of people who are saying "it's over rated" is amazing. Obviously if something is considered over rated, there is a large population of people who highly rate the place. That says something. Something positive.

I also think that because literally every restaurant serves a burger in the DFW metroplex, natives expectations are extremely varied. Also, In n Out does have yellow mustard, you can ask for it. I know you southerners like your icky yellow mustard on your burger. Lastly, many of you are comparing InO to other restaurants that are NOT in the same category. So, you expect too much.

Sure, sometimes service can be slow but I've boiled it down to two reasons. 1. if it is slow and you order, you have to wait for them do perform a magical task. It is called COOKING! They don't pre cook patties and keep them in a warming drawer. 2. If the restaurant is busy, you may have to wait a bit, especially if A) the drive thru line is long and B) you have a super custom order, which is another benefit to InO's service. You can order the burger 10000 different ways. Chances are you receive your order faster when the restaurant is busy because they are putting more patties on the grill and they're not working on other tasks like cleaning, it's all hands on deck when it is busy.

I'm not saying you have to like the place but seriously stop it with the ridiculous comments. With the way technology is now, everyone is a critic and everyone expects everything fast and now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas