Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2011, 09:46 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times

Advertisements

Poor Izzy. As they were getting ready for the program, he had what one of the teachers thought was a panic attack of nerves. They called his own teacher who said he wasn't the type to get nervous. By that time, his face was all red and he was crying. He told his teacher "I can't breathe." It was an asthma attack. Only because I was in the audience did they not call the ambulance.

I got him calmed down enough to stop hyperventilating and took him home to the machine. It IS a windy day and they were singing, so perhaps this is what set it off. No way to know. He is asleep now after using the machine. I suppose the doctor will have to prescribe him a nebulizer he can keep in his back pack. What a mess. I feel so sorry for the little fellow.

It seems to me awhile back someone was offering a coloring book about asthma. I need to find a way to make this whole thing easy for him to understand so he doesn't panic when it happens.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:09 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
Oh no! Poor little guy. I know that has to be horribly scary for him (and you).

If it helps I can tell you that my nephew had asthma as a child and he grew out of it.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:24 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
My nephew was tied to a breathing machine when he was little. Poor little guy would crawl over to it, put the mask on and hit the go button. Hew grw out of it.

Poor little guy but he is so lucky to have you in his life Glory.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:46 AM

Funny that both of you used the 'grew out of it'. I was reading online that most people think this, but it is actually only a dormant time. The asthma usually returns between the ages of 30 - 40. These people generally believe they have bad allergy attacks....when indeed, it is their childhood asthma re-emerging. Interesting since I thought my oldest son had grown out of his asthma and he does have severe allergies now in his 30's.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:58 AM

HAPPY SATURDAY MORNING!

My daughter had a really nice weekend planned with another single mom friend of hers. Her friend's mom gave them her time share condo to use at Disney (across the lake from the bars at Downtown Disney) for Saturday night. Izzy is still a little sick, but they have planned this for so long until I told her to go and I can call if I need her. It's only 40 minutes away.

My 19 year old son is coming to stay with Izzy and I tonight to help keep Izzy happy while he can't run around with his little friends outside this weekend. We will let him play Playstation and computer games instead. Hopefully, between that and some favorite snacks, he won't feel too cheated.....or get fussy because his mom is gone.

I hope everyone has a great day. I'll be back later.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:42 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w6/texasfirewheel/DaylightSavingsTime.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-19-2011, 07:43 AM

Poor Izzy. I feel for him -- and for you too, Glory. It's hard to see our babies feeling bad like that.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:08 AM

I and the Indian share the same thoughts regarding Daylight Savings Time!!!

Just popped on to post the Sephora Black Friday Ad. GEEZE....what great deals. They have all their gift sets (as high as $77) marked down to $10!
I rarely buy this sort of stuff, I rely on free samples, but I may try to pick up a couple of goodies for myself and my daughter since the price is right.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:36 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times
Hi Everybody.......just on for a few......

Yep, that's the word, Keta. I have since learned that mine is over 100 years old. Winston, the pony, has lived to see another day.......my husband found it WAY OUT on the back 40..(not in the rocks, but in the buffalo grass)..he tried sooooooo hard to find it..I couldn't even go out there to look for it, I was so depressed....he knew I was at the end of my rope....... My sister told me to put a quarter under my pillow......it helps find lost objects...it was found the next day.....can you believe it? (We LITERALLY have several tons of rocks around our house---talk about a needle in a haystack)...

The quarter is still under there.....so many things are missing since we moved.......I am hoping to come across my drinking glass that I haven't seen since we arrived......it is so special to me and I can't find a replacement......I got it at Marineland eons ago.......Marineland is closed now.....

Poor little Izzy.......hope he is feeling better.

I'd die if I had bird guts flung all over my house, tfw. (knocking on wood here......the pony has come up to the house with bird wings, rabbit legs, etc.......but he finds them out there)

I need to color and cut my hair.......I am so unmotivated....... My sister-in-law, who is the absolute best out there, used to color it and put highlights on it for me...when she is done, it doesn't look fake at all...she is sooooo good at her trade.....but she is in CA......sigh..... I am very picky about my hair......if I don't get a good cut, I'm grumpy for a long time...... I am just so unmotivated right now.....sigh...

Campie, I am very familiar with First Southern Baptist. I tell people I was raised Jewish-Victorian.....made to feel guilty for everything I do......that about sums up First Southern Baptist, don't you think? When I was in the 7th or 8th grade, my best friend's mom pierced her ears. In those days, your mom put an ice cube or potato behind your ear, stuck a needle through it and you had thread hanging from your ear for a few weeks.....that was how it was done..... I asked if I could do it and I was told, 'No. If God wanted you to have holes in your ears, he would have put them there'. When I was 30, I finally gave in and cut all my long hair off......I didn't want to look like a man, so I pierced my ears......6 months passed by and we went up north to see the folks. I had forgotten about it by then...... My mom started looking at my ears and it took a few seconds for me to realize what she was looking at........I said, 'Oh, I didn't tell you because I knew you would be mad at me for awhile.' She said, 'I will be mad at you for the rest of your life!' Years later, my sister got married.....she doesn't have pierced ears.....they bought her some diamond ear rings (or were they nice pearls with diamonds? I can't remember). Anyway, they were for pierced, but the jeweler changed them over for non-pierced...and when she opened them up, my mom says to her, 'the jeweler changed them over, but if you want to pierce your ears he will change them back for you'. Sometimes it's hell being the oldest kid in the family......sigh...... I tried really hard in school, I helped around the house, I wasn't a drunk, I didn't use drugs, (my mom was a nurse and said, 'Don't use drugs or you will have babies with no arms!), I didn't get tattoos, I didn't get pregnant, I am a college graduate, I've been the best mom I can be, through thick and thin I've taken care of the same guy for almost 36 years, I worked hard when I was employed, (I worked in a field that had very few women and LOTS of men--do I believe Anita Hill? Oh yea, I lived it!), I've volunteered for all kinds of things......but I am Jewish-Victorian.

Woke up to a bit of snow this morning.....sunny now.....already melting.......

Took our little friend and her friend, (who both go to CSU) to DIA late yesterday...one was flying to CA, the other to New Mexico.......will go back on Monday night to get my girl.......

Have a good one, everybody!

Old 11-20-2011, 04:42 AM

Thank goodness you found it, Wurzig! I'm going to have to try the quarter-under-the-pillow deal.

Hope you can find a good colorist up there.

And I hope you dont mind but I got a BIG laugh out of your Jewish-Victorian lament. It's so true for Catholics, especially the guilt ("Jesus did for YOUR sins") -- and for this oldest child -- too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff