Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 09:26 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times

Advertisements

I am so excited. I finally decided to buy a Kindle. I had been fighting it for a long time. I was worried I couldn't get it to work.

So, I got it on Friday and the two books I bought (actually, they were free) simply refused to download to my Kindle.

I finally realized that it was because I didn't have WiFi. I called tech support and the instructions they sent me were about as clear as my very limited Farsi is. Farsi speakers always think I am from Mexico City because I speak it with a Spanish accent. That's because any foreign language I try always comes out with a Spanish accent....The first one I learned was Spanish.

Enter Dawn (of D&J). She walked me through it all this morning on the phone and suddenly the books showed up on the Kindle.

I still prefer a physical book because I like to feel the paper and smell the ink but these freebie books are just too much to resist.

I am so happy.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:18 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
I'm SO happy for you, Ketabcha!! WiFI intimidates me terribly. I think I'd need it in order to use a laptop and that's one of the reasons I refuse to get a laptop (or anything other than my trusty desktop).

I agree with you about liking to touch the pages and dog-ear them, etc. But please keep us updated on how you like the Kindle. Maybe someday I'll overcome my apprehensions and get one too.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:05 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I am so excited. I finally decided to buy a Kindle. I had been fighting it for a long time. I was worried I couldn't get it to work.

So, I got it on Friday and the two books I bought (actually, they were free) simply refused to download to my Kindle.

I finally realized that it was because I didn't have WiFi. I called tech support and the instructions they sent me were about as clear as my very limited Farsi is. Farsi speakers always think I am from Mexico City because I speak it with a Spanish accent. That's because any foreign language I try always comes out with a Spanish accent....The first one I learned was Spanish.

Enter Dawn (of D&J). She walked me through it all this morning on the phone and suddenly the books showed up on the Kindle.

I still prefer a physical book because I like to feel the paper and smell the ink but these freebie books are just too much to resist.

I am so happy.
If you're happy, I'm happy!

Old 04-22-2012, 11:08 AM

What are those little blue beads for again? They are so tiny that I held them up to the light to look for holes in the middle to see if they are supposed to be threaded. Are they plant food? Do you put them in fresh cut flowers to preserve them? I can't remember. They are from Hong Kong--no explanation, just a tiny coupon in case I want to buy something else..

Old 04-22-2012, 11:32 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post

I am so happy.
Welcome to the dark side!!!! Lol. Hubby loves his because of the free ones and he uses the library a lot too. Daughter swears she will never touch one because of the same reasons you listed. Well see.....

Old 04-22-2012, 11:40 AM

Did you guys know that there is an area on cd where people write reviews on items that they bought? I've glanced through the first page and I'm going to look further when I have the time......all kinds of stuff....lawnmowers, coffee makers, tents, you name it...

Today I'm going to a neighbor's house for a Scentsy party......I'm doing laundry and still in my gown so I guess I had better go get some clothes on since it starts at 1:00.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
What are those little blue beads for again?

Apparently they're for everyone but me.

I keep ordering them but never get them. I ordered some again on April 09 and the status on their webpage shows "waiting on email confirmation" -- but I never got an email to confirm. I think that's how they get around sending them to unfavorable zip codes.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:02 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post

I keep ordering them but never get them. I ordered some again on April 09 and the status on their webpage shows "waiting on email confirmation" -- but I never got an email to confirm. I think that's how they get around sending them to unfavorable zip codes.
I hate those little things!!!!! I got a damaged package and they fell allllllll over the floor!!

Old 04-22-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post

You want mine? I don't mind. I remember checking their site before I placed the order....seems like they go in fresh flower water or something......I just can't remember for sure....

Old 04-22-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
You want mine? I don't mind. I remember checking their site before I placed the order....seems like they go in fresh flower water or something......I just can't remember for sure....

Thanks, Wurzig, but I thought they were for real plants. If they're for cut flowers, I have no use for them. And here I've been moaning and groaning about nothing.

Where is the C-D forum that has product reviews? I looked but couldnt find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff