Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 12:47 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,011,257 times

Advertisements

Anyone ever used Ice Monkey? I could have sworn I have but they are irritating me today. I'm trying to place an order and it wont go thru. The only way to reach them is e mail... should be called snail e mail cuz it take 24-48 hours for a response...... grrr... I wont want it then.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:30 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,334,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Couldn't find an answer as to why you crave it but I know what you mean. I get like that with milk.

This is the best I could do on the applesauce and why its good for you.

The Health Benefits of Applesauce - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Wow, Camper, I did not realize that it was such a healthy food. I should have known by that old adage "An apple a day..." Now I don't feel so guilty for eating so much of it.

Thank you, thank you!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:26 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,214,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I'm wondering what applesauce has in it that my brain/body needs. I know that from time to time I crave beets and I know when that happens that my iron is low. So, anyone know what applesauce furnishes the body that it needs?
....and Dr. Oz says:

Quote:
Avoid extra visits to your doctor due to unbalanced blood sugar. Soluble fiber in apples, called pectin, reduces the amount of sugar and calories that’s absorbed into the bloodstream after a meal. That’s good news for folks who want to prevent type 2 diabetes, but it also makes apples one of the best snacks for dieters. Apple pectin prevents spikes in blood sugar that lead to increased fat storage. It will help you avoid the blood sugar “crash” that leaves you craving more food.
How long it will keep me satiated?

Apple pectin can keep you full for 1-2 hours.
Sounds like just the right type of snack for you ketabcha! My mom is an apple fanatic. She swears they help digestion. So, there ya go.....your applesauce trumps my chocolate pudding snacks.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:01 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,532,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I got 36 cups of Mott's applesauce yesterday. Yes, I order in bulk. The thing is that I can't seem to stop eating it. I have to be careful with this stuff because it raises the sugar level in my blood but it keeps calling to me from the kitchen.

I'm wondering what applesauce has in it that my brain/body needs. I know that from time to time I crave beets and I know when that happens that my iron is low. So, anyone know what applesauce furnishes the body that it needs?

I can't wait to hear the answers on this one.
They are loaded with Vitamin C......and are fibrous....... And they can work as a laxative, especially if you drink fresh apple juice... So are you constipated? LOL

Bananas and oranges have potassium in them.......citrus are vitamin C, too......(but we all know that one)...

Here's a paragraph I found:

Apples are full of healthy antioxidants, fiber, vitamins and minerals. One medium sized apple contains 95 calories and 4.4 g of dietary fiber. In addition, an apple is a good source of potassium, phosphorus, calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron and zinc. Apples also contain vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, K, folate, and niacin. Apples come in different shapes and sizes, so the amount of calories and vitamins in 1 apple varies. Best of all, apples contain no fat, sodium or cholesterol.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:08 AM

Fruit raises the blood sugar slowly......and then you get some energy........(vs. a chocolate bar which gives instant energy and then you crash)...

Well, here I am again.........past 2:00...... We had thunder, lightning and heavy but quick storms this evening......so interesting to watch.......just love it! It really lights up the sky.....

My husband planted some seeds yesterday out 'in the field', (wild buffalo grass)......and later, the black birds were trying to eat it......Winston, the wonder pony lost interest in chasing them, so I put my fake owl out there that I used to set by our pool to keep ducks out........well, my sister-in-law was here going over some old photos that were mailed to us from CA, so we weren't watching him every second......our neighbor looked out his back window and called to say he was destroying the owl........I went out there and he had part of an ear chewed off. I even bought a new one at Wally late last night and was planning on putting it in another area........now I'll have to just put it in my fenced-in garden area......

TFW hasn't told us the doctor's news yet......and she hasn't been on.........kinda concerned.....

Old 04-27-2012, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Anyone ever used Ice Monkey? I could have sworn I have but they are irritating me today. I'm trying to place an order and it wont go thru. The only way to reach them is e mail... should be called snail e mail cuz it take 24-48 hours for a response...... grrr... I wont want it then.
Never heard of Ice Monkey....

But I saw those whiskey rocks or whiskey ice or whatever they are called for the first time in Bed, Bath and Beyond yesterday.......my luck, I'd break my teeth if I had those in a glass......

Old 04-27-2012, 05:45 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,443,939 times
I'm here -- not ready yet to share the medical info but will soon. Thanks so much for asking. I need to catch up on everyone's posts too.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I'm here -- not ready yet to share the medical info but will soon. Thanks so much for asking. I need to catch up on everyone's posts too.
We're here when your ready....

Old 04-27-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Looks like we got everything settled. My order went thru twice and they helped me cancell one. Has some good deal like a 2 pack of 6 foot hdmi cables for 6.99 free shipping.
I still know I've used their site before. I'm pretty sure I found it from here.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:56 AM

Forgot to say

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff