Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 09:48 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,171,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Why dont you poke her eye out instead??????
Too funny!!

It's really sort of humorous, because she will come into my room....then just stands in the door with this deer in the headlights look for at least 15 seconds before speaking. I never know if it's good or bad, I just know it will be some 22 year old female drama story that SHE thinks qualifies as world news.

THE LOOK is sort of like this......

I made the mistake of showing this to my daughter....
you should've seen the NEW look I got.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:14 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,997,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Too funny!!

It's really sort of humorous, because she will come into my room....then just stands in the door with this deer in the headlights look for at least 15 seconds before speaking. I never know if it's good or bad, I just know it will be some 22 year old female drama story that SHE thinks qualifies as world news.

THE LOOK is sort of like this......

I made the mistake of showing this to my daughter....
you should've seen the NEW look I got.
I think I know that look ( the new one ), I get it from my 22 year old all the time theses days.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 AM

I just got my brand new shinny 96 million gallon recycle bin!!!! This is all new to us so I'm going crazy reading boxes and stuff trying to figure out what you can put in. I'm so excited!!! Just in time for Earth day, which is Sunday by the way...

Old 04-19-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I just got my brand new shinny 96 million gallon recycle bin!!!! This is all new to us so I'm going crazy reading boxes and stuff trying to figure out what you can put in. I'm so excited!!! Just in time for Earth day, which is Sunday by the way...
Be careful with that.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/Untitled.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-19-2012, 10:55 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,561 times
Quote:
Those must be some powerful Tylenols.

OK...I knew what you meant.
Dang, what a typo! I need to go to bed at a normal time like normal people...... I was kinda sick last night......tummy.....ate a whole Greek bread thingie that didn't sit well....Pita, but not the pocket...ate it as a snack while watching tv...I do stupid stuff sometimes and pay the price....you know, they look like thick tortillas....too heavy for my tummy late at night.. I froze the rest of the bag so that I don't get tempted to be stupid again...

I watched 2 back-2-back episodes of The Wire on HBO late last night.....that was such a good show....they were longer than 'normal', so each one must have been 2 combined....it was on for several seasons......I eventually tuned out......I guess other things took over my schedule, I dunno...or maybe because the storyline never changed...so hard to see young kids constantly killing one another. Sometimes the dialogue is hard to understand......but such a good show...so real.....sure did put Baltimore on the map and not in the best light.....

We had a bit of rain earlier, (yay--expected).....I should do more WEEKING but it's kinda windy right now...or maybe I'll just WEEP...... (I need to go to Wally and get a couple more baskets.....so maybe I'll do that after I get organized)..

If weeds are not in grass, but maybe coming up through the rocks, I've learned to spray vinegar on them.......it does the job...they dry up and blow away....and it's not poison in case The Pony decides to lick something...... Weeds grow very fast here....I think once the ground warms up they take off. I've already gone through 2.5 gallons of vinegar....I usually buy a gallon at a time.....today I'm going to buy SEVERAL. I bought one of those sprayer things with the wand......I used to have one in CA., but it broke....

I just went to GB's latest party......late, as usual...... How many does that make? 3 trillion?

Old 04-19-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
You have NEVER recycled? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-19-2012, 11:04 AM

I didn't have that fan but I had other Sharper Image fans.....they were so avant guard (sp) with things......always ahead of the times.......I loved that store and spent tons of money there over the years......nothing was cheap but the quality was mighty fine.....was extremely sad to see it go....!

Sometimes I see Sharper Image items in Bed, Bath and Beyond, so maybe check there for something similar?????

Old 04-19-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Be careful with that.
Prints to small , can't read what it says.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
You have NEVER recycled? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't do it if nobody offers it. We're still a considered a rural area and they are just now willing to send the trucks out our way. At least we have it now.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:47 PM

Speaking of recycling....or the lack of it.....I grew up in an area that had lots of lime rock type pits or holes into the ground. They were small on the top, but opened up into these caverns underground.

In the back of my parent's 80 acres, we had a nice sized one. You couldn't even see down into the bottom of it. Like all the other people in the area, we all threw our garbage into our personal 'pits'. Decades later, people began to become aware of water aquifers, but by then, God only knows how much crap had already went into the water system. My Dad just sold that particular land a couple of months ago and told me he STILL felt guilty for all those years of garbage 'in the hole' ....as we called it.

And keep in mind my parents weren't country goobers. My Dad was a tax attorney and my mom a chemistry teacher. It was simply the way rural things were done.

--------------------
I took off tomorrow night so I could relax and pack. It's going to RAIN the whole weekend....so much for a fun drive.....but Izzy and I will make the best of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff