Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 12:53 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Mornign gang!!!!

Dang Wurzig, turn off the computer and get in a hot bath... have you ever tried taking melatonin ( sp?) for sleep. It's all natural and over the counter but you need to take it the same time every night for best results. You wont feel anything but it really does help.
I didn't fall asleep until after 2:00 and got up a few hours later. It's almost 1:00 and I'm not sleepy yet......

Yes, I have taken that and don't care for it a whole lot.......I wake up with a headache. Also, remember that sleep water that we tried a time or two......I didn't get in on the freebie, but I ordered itonline....it wasn't cheap......well, that gave me a headache when I woke up, too......

Okay, I was a busy bee today......ran tons of errands, met a friend for lunch and did the elliptical........I think that stinking elliptical gives me a lower back ache......

I have finally agreed to go to New Hampshire...June 1st, I think...and then, after his meetings, we'll do a few states...... Has anybody been to New Hampshire? The town is small, just 4k.......but it doubles when the college is in session...... It's not time for fall colors, they are not doing the maple sugar thing, the coin company that I love (Littleton) is at the northern top of the state but they won't be giving tours when I am there and I don't want to do a canoe when he is in meetings AND the outlet malls are not close.......sigh.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Hey, Glory! Lots to catch up on here. Not such great news from the doc. I'll discuss it later.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Oh my gosh Wurzig, I get sleepy after FOUR hours, much less FORTY! Does that happen to you often? I could get a lot done if I could stay awake that long. If I lay down and turn on the TV.....I'm asleep before the second commercial.

Actually, I've been so over-tired since my trip. Izzy and I both woke up this morning coughing and congested, so I'm assuming this is why I felt so pep-less (using Wurzig's great word) the last couple of days. I'm also glad he got sick after his big field day to the science museum yesterday.

Happy Wednesday to Everyone!!!

It's International Red Hat Day....so it made me think of ketabcha! I bet we won't see her posting as much now that she got herself a fancy Kindle!

I'm holding out for a laptop that will fit into my purse that is also a book reader and also a phone with GIANT numbers. Then I would be set.

msev....how's the new phone???

TFW...what was the report from the doctor yesterday? I sure hope you are feeling better!!!

Camper...did you get all your errands run yesterday? I never did. I'm kind of glad I didn't. My daughter is off work today and offered to do everything since she had to go out to get Izzy some cough medicine anyway.
I've pretty much always had it to a certain extent, but middle-aged hormones have played a number on my sleep patterns.......mostly I don't sleep....I guess I'll sleep when I'm dead... I've seen plenty of sunrises..... Most of the time, I can handle it and stay alert when I am supposed to be alert......but then, I sit down to watch the tv and doze for just a few mintues and then can't fall asleep until the wee hours...

I was wise enough not to drive anywhere the day I was up for at least 40 hours......I stayed busy at the house.... I was alert but didn't know if I could stay focused long enough to concentrate on driving any distance....

My kid is very run down...she's been writing some huge papers....finals are close......she's sick.

We've had record-breaking temps the last couple of days in CO. and we might get a bit of snow on Friday...... I was going to plant some garden 'stuff' tomorrow......better hold off...... The rule of thumb around here is to not plant gardens until Mother's Day because they figure danger of snow will be gone by then but we've had such a dry winter and things have been blooming for weeks, so people are planting stuff......what to do, what to do.......sigh..

Old 04-26-2012, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Aw, TFW...sorry to hear that. Hope it's nothing major. We're all here for you. I know thats doesn't help much but it's the best I can do from here. Call me anytime you just want to talk...

Yes, Glory, I got everything done and then some. I only go to town about once every two weeks or so and combine everything into one trip if I can. Tried to get my daughter a new outfit for her first day at her new job tomorrow but nothing fit except the earrings. I'll just have to take her with me next time.
I combine lots of errands, too......mostly because it's such a chore to leave the house at times.......I'm such a homebody and getting moreso as I age...... Also, with the price of gas, I try to plan ahead, map them out and do as many as possible in one trip......

Good for your girl! What kind of job?

Old 04-26-2012, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Gotta love this dog's expression:
I always love their blue eyes........!

Old 04-26-2012, 07:57 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
Have you ever tried to post.....but you didn't have anything to say?
I was trying to post in the Off Topic forum and it was just 'cricket time' in my head. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.....senile things.

Anyway.....Happy Thursday to Everyone!!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:13 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
I combine lots of errands, too......mostly because it's such a chore to leave the house at times.......I'm such a homebody and getting moreso as I age...... Also, with the price of gas, I try to plan ahead, map them out and do as many as possible in one trip......

Good for your girl! What kind of job?
Just a lateral move within the same company but lots better hours and M-F!

I have more errands to run but I'm not going out twice in one week this time of year. To much wildlife needs watching. Trips can wait.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Have you ever tried to post.....but you didn't have anything to say?
I was trying to post in the Off Topic forum and it was just 'cricket time' in my head. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.....senile things.

Anyway.....Happy Thursday to Everyone!!
Why do you think I don't post that much anymore.... I'm afraid you can hear the empty rattling that goes on in my head.

I wish I was a little rich!! I want to travel and meet each and every one of you guys!!! There are quite few in Texas I would start with.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:52 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
I got 36 cups of Mott's applesauce yesterday. Yes, I order in bulk. The thing is that I can't seem to stop eating it. I have to be careful with this stuff because it raises the sugar level in my blood but it keeps calling to me from the kitchen.

I'm wondering what applesauce has in it that my brain/body needs. I know that from time to time I crave beets and I know when that happens that my iron is low. So, anyone know what applesauce furnishes the body that it needs?

I can't wait to hear the answers on this one.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I got 36 cups of Mott's applesauce yesterday. Yes, I order in bulk. The thing is that I can't seem to stop eating it. I have to be careful with this stuff because it raises the sugar level in my blood but it keeps calling to me from the kitchen.

I'm wondering what applesauce has in it that my brain/body needs. I know that from time to time I crave beets and I know when that happens that my iron is low. So, anyone know what applesauce furnishes the body that it needs?

I can't wait to hear the answers on this one.
Couldn't find an answer as to why you crave it but I know what you mean. I get like that with milk.

This is the best I could do on the applesauce and why its good for you.

The Health Benefits of Applesauce - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff