Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 03:23 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times

Advertisements

I admit to being a closet Grammar Nazi at times -- so i found the below funny:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w6/texasfirewheel/GrammarNazi.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-20-2012, 04:33 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I admit to being a closet Grammar Nazi at times -- so i found the below funny:

My daughter the English major found that extremely funny!!!!

Old 04-20-2012, 09:31 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
My grammar sucks.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:39 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Geeze, what a LONG day! I have literally been busy all day long.
I've cleaned the car, shopped, packed, colored my hair, all sorts of odd things.
I'm ready to leave early in the morning.
Car is packed:

I should be able to post tomorrow night. My parents go to bed much earlier than I do.

Everyone have a GREAT Saturday!!!

Old 04-21-2012, 07:15 AM

I swear it's just as hard to pack for a weekend as it is for a few weeks!!!
Have an awesome weekend lady. If anyone deserves it , you do.
I love the fact that you WANT to go to you parents and that your taking Izzy.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:32 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Can't do it if nobody offers it. We're still a considered a rural area and they are just now willing to send the trucks out our way. At least we have it now.
And there weren't any recyclers in town where you could take glass bottles, newspapers, cans, etc? This just floors me......I have been doing it for so long.....long before it became the thing to do...long before it became a word, to tell you the truth.......CA is very crowded and we have a lot of trash...(I write this like I still live there, huh!)....

They don't recycle as much in CO. as they do in CA..(in fact, I'm shocked....CO. boasts about being a green state, but the stuff that goes to waste here compared to CA. just floors me sometimes)....but we do have a recycle can.... In CO. people throw water bottles everywhere.....you don't see a lot of this in CA. because you get money for them when you turn them in, so even if somebody tosses it, people pick them up, go through trash cans at public parks, etc..... Whenever we used to take walks, I'd take a sack and pick up soda and beer cans, water bottles, etc...and get money for them at the recycler...I put it into a special account for my daughter......I have raised about $14k for her.....(not kidding!). My husband took $10k out a few years ago and invested it and I have over $4k in it right now, but since moving to CO. I haven't put a lot into it......sigh.

What they are trying to do in CO. is get rid of bags at grocery stores......they want you to buy those fibrous bags and bring them in.....I have some but I always forget them in my trunk....I can't remember to take those things in to save my life! BUT, if a plastic bag is not torn, I save it and use it for something else, so at least it gets used twice.....

In CA. you can put plastic bags in your recycle can......you can't here.....so much is made from those bags when they are recycled....it just stymies me why they don't do it in CO.

I was raised by Dust Bowl immigrants...my grandma recycled everything until it wore out.....she even used coffee to dye her doilies if she wanted beige...and boy, could she crochet! She couldn't read directions.....she just looked at a pic and made it.... She made all the clothes for her 7 kids out of flour sacks, etc.... She had a hard life.....

Okay, getting off of recycle soapbox.....

Old 04-21-2012, 05:36 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
My grammar sucks.
Sometimes Word automatically corrects things for you, too.........and you are in such a hurry that you don't catch it....

Also, I am now used to texting and sometimes I write things 'funny' on here, too....

ALSO, when you type fast, some of the keys don't go down even if you hit them, and so the word is misspelled.....(does that have 2 's's?)

I hope GB has a fun time.......ROAD TRIP TO GREAT GRANDMA'S HOUSE!

Old 04-21-2012, 07:16 PM

I'm somewhat like camper when it comes to recycling. There are no recycling centers in my part of town and, since my stroke in 2006, I cant drive further than 2-3 miles.

We do have recycling pickup now, but it's very unreliable and sporadic at best. However, there are always a few people who go through everyone's recycling bins and take out the bottles and cans. I presume they're taking them to places that will pay for them -- and I dont care. At least someone is benefiting from recycling.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:23 AM

I've been considering trying to grow a few veggies this year. So I've been reading the Gardening Beyotches Facebook page.

One of the jokes there is:

"What did the blonde say when she saw a bowl of Cheerios?"

"OOHH!! Doughnut Seeds!!!"

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w6/texasfirewheel/DonutSeeds.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by TFW46; 04-22-2012 at 02:55 AM..

Old 04-22-2012, 07:38 AM

Happy earth day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff