Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 09:42 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Yes. It's heading right at us. Supposed to hit tonight and last through tomorrow. It looks mean and the weatherman tells us to be prepared.
Oh no! Just when I thought you were ok. Stay safe and please report back here as soon as you can!

Old 04-14-2012, 03:32 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times
Hi All,

I've been back for a few days.......still trying to catch up around here.......

The kid and I drove almost 900 miles in one day, starting out before sunrise on Easter......thought we'd never get there... I was just gone for 2 nights......long, trip........takes me awhile to regenerate...

I'll be back when I can.........

Old 04-14-2012, 03:33 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times
P.S. Hope nobody is in a tornado path.......we are going to get hit by 2 storms......one is circling from S. CA. and one is circling down from Nebraska and Wyoming.....

Old 04-14-2012, 09:41 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
P.S. Hope nobody is in a tornado path.......we are going to get hit by 2 storms......one is circling from S. CA. and one is circling down from Nebraska and Wyoming.....

Fine a hidey hole and take your fan in there with you, TFW. Also, food, water, meds,candles (or lanterns if you have them) glasses, a book, blankets, Queenie's bed if she has one, dog food, bowls to but the dog stuff in, a battery operated radio and an electric one. If you have canned food then don't forget a manual can opener. If you don't have on then get one ASAP.

Since the last tornadoes I have gotten a battery powered weather radio, a fire extinguisher and 4 more lanterns. I have all the stuff I need neatly stacked up in the hall bath. Even my cats' stuff is in there.

I don't know why but this one scares me. It's probably because of the houses that were nearly flattened 5 blocks from mine. I keep telling myself to be brave and realize there is nothing else I can do about the dangerous weather. Easier said than done.

Weather just has never scared me before. I've been in a hurricane in the middle of the Pacific, 7 tornadoes in Kansas, a blizzard in Colorado but this one coming down our way just looks so angry.

But, nothing I can do about it but be prepared as much as possible.

Oh, man, that reminds me of something I have to do. I need to put Annie's insulin on ice and move it into the bathroom. She's one of my cats and is diabetic. Gotta' move the needles, too.

Writing all of this is entirely TMI but it is helping me remember what I need to take into the "tornado room."

I've already lost total power twice tonight. The cable is out....no big deal for me because I have over 2000 movies. LOL. If it goes out again and stays out I will let y'all know I'm okay as soon as it comes back on. The brunt of this is not supposed to hit until noon on Sunday. Yeah, right.

TFW, would you DM me your phone number, please. If things get bad I will call you and let you know I am fine and you can pass that along.

Thanks.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:09 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
Everyone STAY SAFE!!!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/keep_calm_chocolate.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-15-2012, 06:20 AM

Happy Sunday.

I was hoping one or more of you would check in to let me know you are OK. I'll believe the best and carry on.
I know people always second guess living in Florida due to hurricanes, but at least there
is a good week of knowing in advance.....unlike tornadoes and earthquakes.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:39 AM

Houston isnt supposed to get bad weather until tonight. We dont get many tornadoes and the ones we do get are very small. (Hope I havent jinxed myself by saying that.)

Dallas radar shows that Ketabcha may be in the midst of some heavy storms either now or soon.

There are predictions that, since we had such a mild winter, we may have a more active hurricane season this year. Glory, I know anyplace in Florida is dangerous for hurricanes but are you inland somewhat?

Old 04-15-2012, 07:21 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Happy Sunday.

I was hoping one or more of you would check in to let me know you are OK. I'll believe the best and carry on.
I know people always second guess living in Florida due to hurricanes, but at least there
is a good week of knowing in advance.....unlike tornadoes and earthquakes.
Still you know where doing you know what.... It's super windy but then it's the lake.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Still you know where doing you know what.... It's super windy but then it's the lake.

LOL! San Antonio radar shows you're going to get some light showers today, Camper. I'm glad you're not going to have the bad weather (heavy winds and hail) we're supposed to get this afternoon/tonight.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post

There are predictions that, since we had such a mild winter, we may have a more active hurricane season this year. Glory, I know anyplace in Florida is dangerous for hurricanes but are you inland somewhat?
I lived on Jacksonville Beach for years. There was one year when we were evacuated so many times until I finally just left the trunk packed. I now live in Orlando which is considered central Florida. They did get hit in 2005 from Hurricane Wilma who did unbelievable damage in this area.

Hurricanes come in waves (no pun intended). In my whole life living here, there have only been a handful of years where the threat of a hurricane became a big deal.

This video reminded me of Queenie:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff