Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 12:49 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Wurzig, the cool thing about baskets is that you can always find the perfect use for them eventually.

Do you guys remember 15-20 years ago when hanging weaved baskets all over the place was all the rage?
I had such an awesome collection that I had picked up from various antique shops.
I thought my house looked so cool. Of course I thought that spiral perm I got looked cool too.
It seems like I never have what I need in my stash......always the wrong size, always the wrong thing, can't see through it for fast grabbing or identification, too holey and things fall through.......

I watched mindless HDTV tonight.........real estate agents show people 3 or 4 places and then they decide which one they want.....what is it with these people? I look at 3,090,862 places before I buy.....

Old 04-18-2012, 03:27 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
[quote=Wurzig;23910959I watched mindless HDTV tonight.........real estate agents show people 3 or 4 places and then they decide which one they want.....what is it with these people? I look at 3,090,862 places before I buy.....[/QUOTE]

I really like HGTV. I used to watch it all the time -- until I got hooked on ID (Investigation Discovery Channel -- true crimes).

You know the people on House Hunters, Property Virgins and similar shows look at 3,090,863 houses (one more than you do) before deciding on the one to buy. HGTV just eliminates 3,090,860 of them and shows only the number that will fit into a half-hour show.

I love how they make it look like it's taken only 2-3 days to find the house they want to buy. But I love, even more, how young couples are approved for houses that cost way too much $$$. And, of course, I'm always amused that young childless couples must have a 4-bedroom, 3-bath house that's at least 2,500 sq ft.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:53 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
I like the International version of House Hunters other than there are always American who want a place with local 'character', but yet want all of the modern USA amenities and space. Even castles didn't come with walk in closets and duel sink bathrooms.

I used to watch HGTV all the time, but now it's so over the top, until I can't relate to it. $100,000 renovations are just out of my lifestyle.

Happy Wednesday! I'm glad this week is going fast since I can't wait to leave this weekend. I'm even in the mood to REALLY clean my car beyond the weekly drive thru car wash & vacuum.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:05 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Morning!!!!!! Just sitting here with my coffee with the doors and windows open listing to the birds. love to be able to hear them crack the seeds.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Morning!!!!!! Just sitting here with my coffee with the doors and windows open listing to the birds. love to be able to hear them crack the seeds.
What the heck are you feeding them.....walnuts?

Old 04-18-2012, 08:39 AM

For those of you who don't frequent the Off Topic CD Forum...here is Installment 1 of How to Speak with a Scottish Accent:

Just say these words quickly and out loud

Old 04-18-2012, 08:56 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
Quote:

I used to have lots of bird feeders and bird houses on my patio and back yard. But I got tired of cleaning bird poop off my furniture -- and, more so, of ducking every time I went out in the yard in April and May, when the eggs/hatchlings are in the nests. The birds around here are vicious -- even my dobermans, for many years, have been afraid to go out in the yard in the springtime.

And even removing the feeder and bird houses didnt keep a mockingbird from chasing Queenie into the house last month and dive-bombing me in the living room for three hours -- until I finally called my brother-in-law to come help get it out.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:09 AM

I live in a highly Latino populated area. The birds know if they lay eggs around
here....someone will eat them for breakfast.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:24 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
What the heck are you feeding them.....walnuts?
No silly, just wild bird seed. It's just that quiet. I love my birds. The feeders are in trees just off the porch , close enough I can see and hear them but far enough so I don't get the poop on the porch. I do have a big clay sun on the porch that they are building a nest in. Love to watch a bird fly in the eye and come out the nose!!

Old 04-18-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
No silly, just wild bird seed. It's just that quiet. I love my birds. The feeders are in trees just off the porch , close enough I can see and hear them but far enough so I don't get the poop on the porch. I do have a big clay sun on the porch that they are building a nest in. Love to watch a bird fly in the eye and come out the nose!!
My mom really likes birds and squirrels, but because the squirrels used to eat the bird food, she started making them grits every morning....so she waits until the grits gets harder.....then cuts it in strips for the squirrels. As for me, I'm not that much of a nature-animal lover.

Izzy got his Spring school pictures today which I scanned in and now I can't find them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff