Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 09:05 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times

Advertisements

Man o man, I love being home alone on days like this!!!!! I crank up my Boise docking station. hook it to the lap top and stream in a station called ... get this..... BOB FM!!!!!! 96.9fm and I think it's out of Oklahoma. We get one here called Jack FM too. It's some awesome classic rock. Ah, the memories.

I listen to it while I do my " house walking". Lol. I just plan a path around all the furniture and all the downstairs rooms and walk. I wish you guys were here. We could do a conga line!!!

I think I may have hurt something.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:11 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
OMG, Camper, you're doing the windows yourselves? Awesome! I had new vinyl windows installed about four years ago and watched the guys put them in. I couldnt imagine doing it myself.

And, Camper, Houston has had little-to-no rain this year (again). I guess it gets as far as San Antonio and then maybe blows a little north of us. My thermometer registered 105.6 last week. Yes, that was in the sun but, as I told my daughter, anywhere you go outside, you're in the sun. We could use some rain to cool us off and to quench the plants/grass.

Glory, I used to like carpet ... until I got all porcelain tile and saw how much junk ends up on the floors. There's no way, short of steam-cleaning every week, that I could keep carpet clean. With my tiles, I buy lavender-scented Clorox Wipes by the case and have a jar in each room for easy mop-up of spills, etc.

And it's unbelievable how much dirt falls off of shoes. I used to think that people who make you remove your shoes when you go into their homes were weird -- but now I understand. I have a love/hate relationship with my eggshell-colored tiles...they show everything, which is why I both love them and hate them.

There are nice porcelain tiles that look like wood planks. In retrospect, I wish I'd gotten something like that.

I'm going to try to go to the grocery store this morning. I usually buy only 4-5 items at a time there because my foot gives out -- but today I'm going to try working through the pain. Wish me luck!

Old 06-07-2012, 09:14 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
Camper, I lost a ton of weight twice, over the past 20 years, by jogging in place while watching TV. I'd start out doing it for 5 minutes in the AM and 5 minutes in the PM -- and worked my way up to 30 minutes twice a day. "I Love Lucy" comes on early and late each day -- and did 20 years ago too -- and that was the show I watched while I jogged in place.

If I can ever get these feet issues and kidney issues and about 5-6 other issues taken care of, I'd like to start walking in place. No way could I jog again.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:37 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
tfw....I wonder why grocery stores have not gotten wise to letting people order ONLINE and then just
come to the store to pick it up in a box or bags. Wouldn't that be great? I would shop like that all the
time....even if it cost more. I really don't like getting groceries. I'm glad my daughter does it most of the time.

I used to walk or slow jog in place also. Guess I should start again....but I just HATE getting out of my easy chair.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Camper, I lost a ton of weight twice, over the past 20 years, by jogging in place while watching TV. I'd start out doing it for 5 minutes in the AM and 5 minutes in the PM -- and worked my way up to 30 minutes twice a day. "I Love Lucy" comes on early and late each day -- and did 20 years ago too -- and that was the show I watched while I jogged in place.

If I can ever get these feet issues and kidney issues and about 5-6 other issues taken care of, I'd like to start walking in place. No way could I jog again.
Let's just say if I jogged, I'd have black eyes...

I understand the tile thing and boy do I really get the dirty carpet thing but I have to have my carpet. Just differant strokes I guess. We are in the country and at least the carpet doesn't show all the dirt that is actually in my house. I have the doors and windows open every chance I get and I am NOT going to mop floors every day! Lol. Then entrance, kitchen and dining room are wood but we went peel and stick wood grain tile in the game/ sun room along with carpet for the tv section.

I thought I told you guys we do everything outselfs.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:46 AM

This is funny. My daughter is an avid Gamer on Wii! So she bought a new video game for
her and Izzy this morning since she got paid. She is in there fussing at him for cheating and
beating her. He's FOUR. Imagine getting beat by a four year old when you have played games for years.

Kids know so much about electronics these days. He can actually take the Wii controller, find Netflix,
put in his password and all sorts of stuff like that. I don't even know how to use the darn thing.

He also knows how to call his dad on the cell phone and do video chatting whenever he feels like it.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
This is funny. My daughter is an avid Gamer on Wii! So she bought a new video game for
her and Izzy this morning since she got paid. She is in there fussing at him for cheating and
beating her. He's FOUR. Imagine getting beat by a four year old when you have played games for years.

Kids know so much about electronics these days. He can actually take the Wii controller, find Netflix,
put in his password and all sorts of stuff like that. I don't even know how to use the darn thing.

He also knows how to call his dad on the cell phone and do video chatting whenever he feels like it.
I think that's awesome he knows all that. That generation is going to be so sharp and smart. Now if the parents will just teach them to use their powers for good! My daughter basically grew up knowing how to use all the electronic stuff of her generation even though I wouldn't allow her to have anything untilll she was in her teens. Now she owns about every game unit there is.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
OMG, Camper, you're doing the windows yourselves? Awesome! I had new vinyl windows installed about four years ago and watched the guys put them in. I couldnt imagine doing it myself.

And, Camper, Houston has had little-to-no rain this year (again). I guess it gets as far as San Antonio and then maybe blows a little north of us. My thermometer registered 105.6 last week. Yes, that was in the sun but, as I told my daughter, anywhere you go outside, you're in the sun. We could use some rain to cool us off and to quench the plants/grass.

Glory, I used to like carpet ... until I got all porcelain tile and saw how much junk ends up on the floors. There's no way, short of steam-cleaning every week, that I could keep carpet clean. With my tiles, I buy lavender-scented Clorox Wipes by the case and have a jar in each room for easy mop-up of spills, etc.

And it's unbelievable how much dirt falls off of shoes. I used to think that people who make you remove your shoes when you go into their homes were weird -- but now I understand. I have a love/hate relationship with my eggshell-colored tiles...they show everything, which is why I both love them and hate them.

There are nice porcelain tiles that look like wood planks. In retrospect, I wish I'd gotten something like that.

I'm going to try to go to the grocery store this morning. I usually buy only 4-5 items at a time there because my foot gives out -- but today I'm going to try working through the pain. Wish me luck!
Good luck! Again, I wish we were closer. I would love to take you shopping. We could get one of those electric carts and take turns riding in the basket!

Old 06-07-2012, 10:02 AM

Grrrr.... My lap top is so slow I've been using the iPhone to post but is slow too. Not sure what's going on.
I miss AOL and my desk top.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Good luck! Again, I wish we were closer. I would love to take you shopping. We could get one of those electric carts and take turns riding in the basket!
Maybe you could talk Mr C in building you guys a fancy one.....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff