Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 07:43 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,998,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrainman View Post
I wish!
Me too!! I often said I wish we could do a meet and greet with the people from here. I've gone to a few from us in San Antonio and loved them. I swear, If I get strike it rich, get me a bad a$$ new motor coach and hit the road to meet each and every one of you guys!!!!

Old 01-22-2013, 07:45 AM

22,184 posts, read 14,806,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Me too!! I often said I wish we could do a meet and greet with the people from here. I've gone to a few from us in San Antonio and loved them. I swear, If I get strike it rich, get me a bad a$$ new motor coach and hit the road to meet each and every one of you guys!!!!
I hope you strike it rich Campster!

Old 01-22-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrainman View Post
I hope you strike it rich Campster!
Lol! So does hubby!!!!

Old 01-27-2013, 01:21 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,926 times
Well, so far, the engineer's bill is $750.
The repair permit will be another $750. The county woman wouldn't let me buy it until I had the original excavator over here......she gave me the original paperwork the other day.....he came this morning......nothing can be done. So, I'll go back and fill out the form to start the permit and then decide which excavator is going to get the job......$$$. And so it goes...

A few days ago we saw the Osama movie.......very good. A bit long, but good.
Friday night we saw the tsunami movie......another very good one......it felt so real. Makes you appreciate our sterile hospitals.
Both oscar contenders.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:39 PM

Where is everybody?

Weather is changing here again......dark skies, cold, windy.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:14 AM

Morning!! We jsut need to get on the same time I guess.

It's a beautiful here. Our warm spell is leaving and we have some cooler temps on the way, just in time for Ground Hog day saturday!!! Please tell me someone else goes out and looks for their shadow??!! lol

Old 01-29-2013, 11:05 PM

Got some snow last night. Some of it melted today and now the roads are icy. I'll be out and about tomorrow but today I stayed in.

I don't look for shadows.

One of my burners on the stove is not turning on. The stove is the flat, black glass kind.....impressive in the store but I'd never buy it. It's too much work---pans and skillets have to be very flat on the bottom in order for the burners to work at full speed and it scratches easily. I took a drawer out and tried to get up under it, I went down and flicked the fuse thingie on and off......(the other 3 work but it was worth a try). I got out the installation directions......I'd probably crack the ceramic top if I tried to take it off to get to the element or whatever is burned out........sigh.

This hasn't been the greatest week and it's only Tuesday. At least the scenery is pretty.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Got some snow last night. Some of it melted today and now the roads are icy. I'll be out and about tomorrow but today I stayed in.

I don't look for shadows.

One of my burners on the stove is not turning on. The stove is the flat, black glass kind.....impressive in the store but I'd never buy it. It's too much work---pans and skillets have to be very flat on the bottom in order for the burners to work at full speed and it scratches easily. I took a drawer out and tried to get up under it, I went down and flicked the fuse thingie on and off......(the other 3 work but it was worth a try). I got out the installation directions......I'd probably crack the ceramic top if I tried to take it off to get to the element or whatever is burned out........sigh.

This hasn't been the greatest week and it's only Tuesday. At least the scenery is pretty.
How interesting. I have the black glass stove top and love it! I've had it for over 20 years and am impressed with it everyday. Love the easy cleanup. Haven had any trouble with pots working on it except a pressure cooker once.

It so windy and chilly here!!!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
I love my black glass stovetop too. But I agree with Wurzig that pans have to have a totally-flat bottom. However, that just gives me an excuse to buy new cookware.

My weather is pretty much the same as Camper's (since we live only 200 miles apart). It's been unseasonably warm this month -- temps in the 80's most days -- but a slight cool front blew in last night and it's windy and cooler today. I just wish we'd get some rain. My grass is half-dead due to this drought.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I love my black glass stovetop too. But I agree with Wurzig that pans have to have a totally-flat bottom. However, that just gives me an excuse to buy new cookware.

My weather is pretty much the same as Camper's (since we live only 200 miles apart). It's been unseasonably warm this month -- temps in the 80's most days -- but a slight cool front blew in last night and it's windy and cooler today. I just wish we'd get some rain. My grass is half-dead due to this drought.
Try throwing down some winter rye next winter. It comes up fast, doesn't need much watering and just grows and grows and grows! Hubby says it's like a *#@%!! chia pet!!!! Lol. It's soooo pretty and green!! But you do have to cut it about once a week and it looks like confetti in the mower!! But it hates hot weather, so it will just turn brown and die in the summer. Then you replant it next year. I put it down in the dogs yard. They love it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff