Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2011, 11:49 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,997,958 times

Advertisements

For some reason last Saturday hubby turns to me and asked if I still wanted the kitchen painted.... I've only been asking for about 6 years... Long story short, I'm finally sitting down after cleaning all the basket and stuff and putting most of it back where it belongs. I'm exhausted so I pour a small ( OK, maybe medium) glass of red wine and I remember a Doctor I had a few years back. I was in for just a regular check up and we were just chatting. That's one of the things I loved about him, he got to know you as a person. The subject turns to drinking alcohol and I mentioned that maybe once in a blue moon I would have a glass of wine in the middle of the day, maybe while floating in the pool or just relaxing.

He wrote something down and handed me a Rx for anti depressants and said I should see a therapist, warning me this is how alcoholism starts!!! I had been to this guy for years. He knew my lifestyle and knew me well and knew this was a once in awhile thing for me.

That was the last time I saw him.

Wine anyone?

Old 01-18-2011, 04:10 PM

37 posts, read 44,092 times
A glass of wine? Did you get that free wine tote posted recently? Every whino should have one

Old 01-18-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleheart558 View Post
A glass of wine? Did you get that free wine tote posted recently? Every whino should have one
There was FREE WINE???????!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't see any free wine. Always in the wrong place at the wrong time...

Old 01-19-2011, 05:50 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,171,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
There was FREE WINE???????!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't see any free wine. Always in the wrong place at the wrong time...
No free wine.... but there WAS a free wine tote!!

Great story!!

-------------------------------------------------------
Hi Turtlehearts....how are things with you today?

-------------------------------------------------------

I still have this stupid cold. I kept waking up last night feeling all thirsty. This was probably due to me having to sleep with my mouth open.

Hope everyone has a great day!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/maxine2.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-19-2011, 08:19 PM

37 posts, read 44,092 times
Hope you feel better soon Glory. When I moved I had about 40 bottles of Robitussin in my freebie stash I thought of making 'sorry you have a cold' gift bags. hey if it's free after coupon I CAN'T pass it up. :/

Old 01-20-2011, 05:49 AM

I actually like the Tylenol Cold Med (the blue stuff), but they have now taken all the Tylenol products off of the shelves. I do like the Alka Seltzer cold as well. I just feel like a big old snot nose.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:58 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,319,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I actually like the Tylenol Cold Med (the blue stuff), but they have now taken all the Tylenol products off of the shelves. I do like the Alka Seltzer cold as well. I just feel like a big old snot nose.
You may think my nose is running but it'snot. (joke from elementary school)

These colds just seem to go on and on. Take care of yourself, GB, and carry lots of kleenex. It's time to open that cute little freebie kleenex box with the colorful circles on it.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
You may think my nose is running but it'snot. (joke from elementary school)

These colds just seem to go on and on. Take care of yourself, GB, and carry lots of kleenex. It's time to open that cute little freebie kleenex box with the colorful circles on it.
My older brother taught that little ditty to my daughter when she was little, but it was ' you may thinks it's a bugger but it's snot". She would just walk around saying it over and over and over... drove me nuts.

I still sing it today.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:22 AM

No joke ketabcha....I just got over a cold a couple of months ago. I think I got this one from the kids. My youngest son has been super sick.

Wow Camper....we've got to get you a better song!

Forgot to ask you, what color are you planning to paint the kitchen?

Old 01-20-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
No joke ketabcha....I just got over a cold a couple of months ago. I think I got this one from the kids. My youngest son has been super sick.

Wow Camper....we've got to get you a better song!

Forgot to ask you, what color are you planning to paint the kitchen?
We put it back to white from beautiful burgundy. It was pretty but made it dark in the winter. I'm all smiles now on the dark winter days we're having. OK, maybe some of that is left over paint fumes but it looks bigger and CLEAN!! I love the look of fresh paint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff