Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 12:52 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,740,703 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone...long time no see..

Congrats GB on another little bobble..... well deserved my friend.

I think you are right about the bug..I have had the worse week with the kiddoes. One came Monday with croup..nice huh? Another one came with 102.7 temp...ears..another one was 103...ears
Another one with a stomach bug that the Mom tried to tell me that she was just whiny..YAY for me.
So yep there is something going around. The baby with 102.7 I told the Dad she needed to be seen and she cannot be here at 102.7 and his answer was why do you think she would be more comfortable anywhere else? Some people suk. These are their babies.
Frustrating because last weekend Mr. Crazy and I disinfected every toy we washed every curtain and window every single sheet, blanket, pillow, comforter, crib (I have 5 of them) every single day care related item was done and they brought their kids sick Monday morning and guess what we did Monday night again..............grrrrrrrrr. I wanted to cry.
Friday is coming.

OK my vent is over.

I thought of you guys when I was in my freezer and my frozen pouches came tumbling out. I still haven't drank them all (soooo many calories). I have been doing Jenny Craig so I am being a good doobey.

Hoping everyone is well and Wurzig doesn't get too much snow. The weather guy says we are to get some tonight but only enough to cover the grass and more (1-3") on Saturday. We just took the air conditioners out last week and the leaves haven't even changed color and fallen yet...too fast for me.

Off and running as usual just wanted to say hi and wish you all a good Thursday.

Sooooo looking forward to the weekend.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:28 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Hi everyone...long time no see..

Congrats GB on another little bobble..... well deserved my friend.

I think you are right about the bug..I have had the worse week with the kiddoes. One came Monday with croup..nice huh? Another one came with 102.7 temp...ears..another one was 103...ears
Another one with a stomach bug that the Mom tried to tell me that she was just whiny..YAY for me.
So yep there is something going around. The baby with 102.7 I told the Dad she needed to be seen and she cannot be here at 102.7 and his answer was why do you think she would be more comfortable anywhere else? Some people suk. These are their babies.
Frustrating because last weekend Mr. Crazy and I disinfected every toy we washed every curtain and window every single sheet, blanket, pillow, comforter, crib (I have 5 of them) every single day care related item was done and they brought their kids sick Monday morning and guess what we did Monday night again..............grrrrrrrrr. I wanted to cry.
Friday is coming.

OK my vent is over.

I thought of you guys when I was in my freezer and my frozen pouches came tumbling out. I still haven't drank them all (soooo many calories). I have been doing Jenny Craig so I am being a good doobey.

Hoping everyone is well and Wurzig doesn't get too much snow. The weather guy says we are to get some tonight but only enough to cover the grass and more (1-3") on Saturday. We just took the air conditioners out last week and the leaves haven't even changed color and fallen yet...too fast for me.

Off and running as usual just wanted to say hi and wish you all a good Thursday.

Sooooo looking forward to the weekend.

Glad you stopped by! You should treat yourself to at least one pouch...

do you charge extra for sick babies? a bunch more but still put a limit on how sick they can be... might make a difference.

Hugs to you!!!!

Old 10-27-2011, 01:30 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Wish I could say I see it to but have no idea what your talking about...
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Glory, I know what you're talking about -- but I dont see any locked icons.

I do think that C-D is having some software issues, though, because, as I posted, I didnt receive my subscription email notifications for days. Then, all of a sudden I started getting them again -- without doing anything on my part.
Apparently, I am the only one who is seeing them. I don't care if they are on my screen. I just didn't want other people passing thru to assume they offers were over or they could no longer post on the thread. It's all good....I'm not that fussy.

CW...when I took Israel back to school today, the teacher said a little girl in his class threw up all over the place yesterday and a couple of others weren't feeling well. It's a parents responsibility to never take a child to day care or school when their little ones are sick....especially with a temp. Same with people who come to work and COUGH all over the place. They need to take some meds or stay the heck home.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:14 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times
It snowed for almost 24 hours. We received about a foot. (It was @ 80 for several days before it snowed......records were broken. It was a 50 degree drop in temps). A lot of big trees have lost branches in Windsor, Fort Collins, Loveland and other towns in this area.......the leaves haven't fallen yet and the snow was wet and heavy so it made the branches heavier because the leaves made the snow stay on the branches......if cars were near trees, they got damaged by falling branches. I went out and shook some snow out of trees and also shoveled the very long driveway..(my development is not that old yet, so the trees aren't huge)....we couldn't use our snow blower because it doesn't work very well when snow is wet. A neighbor told me that fall snow is wetter.........winter snow, (for this high altitude), is dry. This is why states like CO. and UT have such good ski areas..high altitudes...the powder is dry. We are in a flat area, so we are going to get drifts when the wind blows it. Except for thinner air, it is hard to remember that we are almost a mile high because it's flat......

I have some warm clothes.....I love being outdoors......I used to ski when I was younger...... Because I got on it right away, the snow was still soft, so pretty, so white......it was quiet out there...alone time....great exercise....it felt so good and no mosquitos! The sun came out today and wherever I shoveled is dry......but there is still lots of snow everywhere else..... We have some icicles on the house, too.......the sun makes the snow drip and then the temps freeze it......

The night it snowed we had no tv.......we have satellite........sigh....

We did not lose electricity, but a lot of towns did.......

It should be in the 60's this weekend. This area gets snow, it melts, it snows again....... I think we will get a bit of rain or more snow next Wednesday..... Denver is directly south of here and it gets more snow than we do......

I always kept my kid home when she was sick......and if others did, my kid would have stayed well.
I am sorry that all the little ones are sick......this economy is forcing parents to do the wrong stuff......jobs are in jeopardy and I guess they feel they must go to work.

The dog LOVES the snow and he eats it, too...Mother Nature's Shave Ice.....he is like a big fur ball, so he is not cold......but then he comes in the house with ice chunks on him and I have to wrestle him with a big towel that he tries to bite...it's all a game to him and it wears me out....he is about 100 lbs now. BUT, if he doesn't learn to do #2 in it soon I am going to string him up!

Queenie's outfits are funny.........which one will she end up wearing? I am sure she hates it.....

It is VERY expensive to fly the kid here from Missoula...the cheapest he could find, trying to get her into various airports, was $1,600 - $2,000...(there is no train and the bus would be 20 hours)....she only gets a 5-day weekend at Thanksgiving, so one of us is going to drive to pick her up and the other will take her back. (At least the dog won't be going, so it won't take as long). I think if our friend wasn't so ill, (I have no idea when we are going to have to take off for CA), we would have made plans in advance and maybe rented a place in MT. and just had her stay there with us so that she wouldn't get worn out. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be storming. I-25 throughout WY has railroad arms that come down over the highway when it is very windy or stormy...quite a few of them......it shuts down for a few hours or even a day......it is the most direct route from here..... If it is bad weather, we will have to go south and cut over through Vail, Salt Lake City, etc......(a good part of the route that we took from the former house).....either way, in crappy weather, is not good.....sigh...... We will fly her home for winter break......

Our very sick friend is hanging in there, due to the drugs...... He got his dying wish and they flew to Honolulu for this past week..his brother picked them up and has taken them to places on his list..he was born and raised there.....he is very weak and in a wheel chair and on top of all the cancer issues, he had a diabetic problem last night and scared her to death..(he has been eating all kinds of stuff that he shouldn't--he is going to die soon and he wants one last this and one last that)....she has been so overwhelmed and consumed with taking care of his cancer issues that she forgot to have a few snacks in the hotel room and realized too late that they hadn't eaten for several hours and his levels dropped extremely low, (his brother was on his way with a meal that they were going to eat in the room), but luckily she found some glucose and poked it into his mouth...she could not wake him up....he was sweating, cold and almost in a coma......she sent their son downstairs to try to find anyting in a vending machine but there were none.... She normally knows what to do, but she is worn out...it sure did scare her.... They will fly back tomorrow and he will go back to hospice... I am so glad they got to make this trip.....

Happy Star Party to anybody who is geting one lately......I just haven't been on here enough lately to keep up with stuff.....

Old 10-28-2011, 06:07 AM

Oh Wurzig, I would LOVE to see some snow and ice this winter. However, all I'll be seeing in the AC thermostat.

Thanks so much for keeping us up to date with your friend. I'm glad he was able to take a trip which meant so much to him.

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

No preschool today due to teachers planning day. Just as well since it is raining.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:40 AM

Some Halloween laughs for ya:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/Offthehandle.jpg (broken link)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/Maxine-Hween.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-28-2011, 11:08 AM

Flying by with a quick hi to all...YAY for Friday.

Ahhh the sick kids. I don't charge any different because I don't want people bringing sick kids here. I do have a policy but everyone seems to ignore it. I also have a contract but I am flexible and people take advantage of that...My fault for letting it happen. It spreads like wildfire. I do understand the economy issues and I work hard with those parents but a couple of sets of parents put themselves first. They have no problem taking a day off for themselves and sending a child to Day Care and when it comes to the kids they whine about having no time to take off for that. When we had the holiday a couple of weeks ago I was told that although they were off they would be sending the baby. I informed them that as it states "in the contract" I too am off.

It was in the 30's this morning temperature wise and pretty cold here and the Mom had her boots on gloves hat winter coat and a scarf. This child didn't even have a sweatshirt on and only one sock on. This is the child that had croup. I questioned the no jacket thing and Mom said the car was warm. Maybe to her it was. Mom and Dad are professionals and although I cannot tell you where they work (you would be amazed)they are way up there in jobs so no matter what the job comes first. Sad really because the baby is 7 months old. It is not like he is an ooops baby. They tried a long time to have a baby.

Anyway it is Friday and Monday starts a new week...Turning the page at 6PM.....LOL

I cannot believe all that snow Wurzig. Some areas got it here last night but not much at all. I love today though because you can step out the door and take a deep breath and get that beautiful fall air.

Maybe a pouch tomorrow Camper on my "cheat" day. I weigh in on Saturdays and then I use that day for a cheeseburger or something pretty good and a couple of drinks. Keeps me going the rest of the week.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:29 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
I'm with Glory, Wurzig. I'd love to see snow and ice, especially now that I dont have to drive to work, or go anywhere else, in it. But I feel for youall who do have to get out in it.

Bummer about the cost of flying your daughter. I wonder why it costs so much there. Stay safe when making that drive at Thankgiving. How much longer does she have in school?

I'm still praying for your friend. Glad he got to go to Hawaii. I understand the "one last" desire but how scary about the diabetic problem.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:31 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
crazy, that is crazy about the kid not being dressed warmly.

Temps are supposed to get into the low 50's here over the weekend..maybe even the high 40's. Still no rain but they're saying "maybe the second week of November".

Old 10-28-2011, 11:42 AM

It is up to 47* and gorgeous here. Tomorrow I believe is going to be terrible...I think I will make a big pot of chicken soup....

TFW I can rant here but I have to be careful as to not cross the line between a parent and what they do with their children but whatever happened to common sense...

Wurzig .. as sad as it is your friend has a beautiful ending to his life thanks to those who love him so much. No regrets there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff