Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2012, 09:31 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,237,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I've thought about a laptop but I dont have a wireless connection and dont want to have to deal with getting one. I'm fine with my desktop setup. I have a special room and desk for it. I'm afraid that, if I could access the internet and email from anywhere in the house, I'd be on the computer 24/7.

I started a thread on the Computer forum. I explained that I'm computer stupid and asked for small words in any responses. A very nice person replied but used words that i cant understand.
A wireless router is around $50 and quite easy to set up.
I know what you mean though, now I drag my laptop to every room
in the house. After I move, I do plan to stop cable service and only
use the extra laptop as my tv/movie source. That is my excuse for
taking it to every room I go to.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:46 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,453,950 times
I've been meaning to tell you about my problem disposing of Queenie's dog food...the stuff that gave her the diarrhea.

I had bought a case (12 cans) of Paul Newman's Own 100% Organic Beef and Liver dog food from Amazon. It's fairly expensive ($2.20 per can) but the ingredients are great -- Organic Beef, Organic Beef Liver and Organic Beef Broth are the first three ingredients. Queenie loved the taste so I promptly ordered four more cases from Amazon.

Then the explosive diarrhea showed up, even though I tried to introduce it slowly into her meals. It was too late to cancel the four cases so I figured I'd just return them to Amazon. Not! Amazon doesnt accept returns of any kind of food. I explained my problem and they agreed to refund my $105.00 (I'm a very good customer) and told me to do whatever I wanted with the dog food.

So what to do? I asked a few people if they wanted it but, after they heard what it did to Queenie, no one wanted to take a chance on it. I thought about leaving the four cases on my curb, along with a note...but no one on my block speaks English. So I found a photo, on the internet, of diarrhea and taped it to the cases before leaving them by my curb. Sure enough, someone took them all within 20-30 minutes. I hope they understood the meaning of the photo. If not, I hope they have a small dog.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
A wireless router is around $50 and quite easy to set up.

I posted, on the Computer forum, that I dont know a router from a gigabyte. And that's the truth. At my age, I dont think I want to learn the difference either.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:00 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,535,541 times
Quote:
So sorry about your friend, Wurzig. I wish I had some magic words to make you feel better.

And sorry about your dog's problem. I dont know which problem is worse. I'm still having to give Queenie Imodium. She doesnt have diarrhea any longer but she has very loose stools and has to "go" right after she eats -- which isnt often, as she still doesnt want to eat much.
Have you tried pumpkin or benefiber? It will 'even' them out, but I am probably preaching to the choir here..

Old 02-06-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
That's great idea, DFW. I'll do that. My concern is that a Trojan might still be there, hidden from Malwarebytes and Kaspersky, or that another Trojan could be dropped on me tomorrow.

I never, ever click on email links and am so careful about surfing the web. Too, I havent been on the computer much because of my illness. So I dont know how I'd have gotten the Trojans (I actually got two of the same one, an hour apart, in different drives).

I'm wondering if it's possible for a computer-savvy guy to drop a Trojan on my computer if he has my IP address. There's a computer guy who's upset with me because I complained about some content on his website. My complaint was filed Friday morning and I got two the Trojans Friday afternoon. Could that be just a coincidence?
It may be a coincidence, but maybe it isn't. Is your puter on 24-hours a day? Yea, somebody with lots of knowledge can get into your system.....it happens all the time.....scary, huh!

I scan twice a day and did after I read your input......I am fine....

Old 02-06-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
I've been meaning to tell you about my problem disposing of Queenie's dog food...the stuff that gave her the diarrhea.

I had bought a case (12 cans) of Paul Newman's Own 100% Organic Beef and Liver dog food from Amazon. It's fairly expensive ($2.20 per can) but the ingredients are great -- Organic Beef, Organic Beef Liver and Organic Beef Broth are the first three ingredients. Queenie loved the taste so I promptly ordered four more cases from Amazon.

Then the explosive diarrhea showed up, even though I tried to introduce it slowly into her meals. It was too late to cancel the four cases so I figured I'd just return them to Amazon. Not! Amazon doesnt accept returns of any kind of food. I explained my problem and they agreed to refund my $105.00 (I'm a very good customer) and told me to do whatever I wanted with the dog food.

So what to do? I asked a few people if they wanted it but, after they heard what it did to Queenie, no one wanted to take a chance on it. I thought about leaving the four cases on my curb, along with a note...but no one on my block speaks English. So I found a photo, on the internet, of diarrhea and taped it to the cases before leaving them by my curb. Sure enough, someone took them all within 20-30 minutes. I hope they understood the meaning of the photo. If not, I hope they have a small dog.
They got a GOOD deal! Pauls' stuff, all of his stuff, is expensive! It is not going to effect all dogs the way it did yours or else it wouldn't be on the market anymore. I know you are in no shape to mess with that kind of stuff, but I would have put an ad on Craigslist...and sold it at a discount so that I could at least get part of the money back.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Have you tried pumpkin or benefiber? It will 'even' them out, but I am probably preaching to the choir here..

I thought about pumpkin but I wasnt well enough to get out to a grocery store. To be honest, I hadnt heard about Benefiber...will have to look into that. I could have ordered it, with 1-day delivery, from Amazon.

Queenie is back to normal now (I hope). Imodium works well for doggie diarrhea. But I'm going to read up on Benefiber for dogs. Thanks for the info!

Old 02-06-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
HAPPY MONDAY!

Did you ever wake up and just feel crabby? I did today. No reason for it either. I got a good nights sleep,
I have money, no one aggravated me (no more than usual anyway ).........I just don't know. I sure hope I pop
out of it before I have to go to work for my double shift today.
Don't tell anybody off or hang up on them today! Big Brother is always watching.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I would have put an ad on Craigslist...and sold it at a discount so that I could at least get part of the money back.

Well, Amazon refunded me all my money ($105) and let me keep the dog food. So I wasnt out any money at all.

I'm somewhat afraid of craigslist, especially in my area. I prefer "curblist". I'm guaranteed to get rid of anything, even junk, by putting it at my curb.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
It may be a coincidence, but maybe it isn't. Is your puter on 24-hours a day? Yea, somebody with lots of knowledge can get into your system.....it happens all the time.....scary, huh!

I scan twice a day and did after I read your input......I am fine....

Thanks SO much for letting me know that someone CAN access my computer, Wurzig! I asked that question on the Computer forum and no one answered me.

My computer isnt on 24 hours a day -- I leave it on during the day and turn it off at night. The Trojan was dropped twice in two hours -- and, by a weird coincidence, I wasnt home for those two hours. (That day was the first time I'd felt halfway decent in weeks and I went out to get a haircut and do some grocery shopping.)

One thing I've changed about my computer habits since then is that I now close out my email and internet browser when I'm away from the computer for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff