Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 04:25 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,420,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
TFW I sure hope you start feeling better soon...you have had this for wayyyyyy too long.

Thanks, crazy. The problem is that my kidney failure complicates recovery of anything, from this crud to the diabetes that the long-term prednisone apparently brought on. I'm just a mess these days and I'm tired of it.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:18 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,165,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I went to bed last night at 11 and did not wake up until noon today. I guess I needed the sleep. I do love to sleep...especially in the winter. I'm not grouchy so I guess I was not hibernating.
Don't you love it when you get a good long sleep? I get to do that a couple of times a month and I always feel so much better. I think after I'm living alone again, I'll start sleeping in later. This 6:30 AM stuff is for the birds.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Thanks, crazy. The problem is that my kidney failure complicates recovery of anything, from this crud to the diabetes that the long-term prednisone apparently brought on. I'm just a mess these days and I'm tired of it.
Just know that we all really do care!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/animals.gif (broken link)

Old 02-02-2012, 08:40 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,651,954 times
Hi again, everyone. I haven't been online in forever. As you guys know, there's always so much going on! TFW, I'm sorry to read that you're not feeling well. My thoughts are with you. This is just a quick drive-by "HI" so I'm off and running....my inboxes are sooo full!

Take care everyone, and may your mailboxes be full tomorrow of lots of fun things! Starrrrrrrrrrrrrrr************** !

Old 02-03-2012, 05:45 AM

HAPPY EGG DAY!

OK...it really isn't Egg Day. I just thought the basket was so pretty and didn't want to wait until Easter to post it.
I AM glad it's Friday....even though I'm pretty sure I'll have to work tomorrow.
I got some boxes and think I'm going to start packing a few things in the closets that I rarely use.
I wish I was like my daughter. She won't worry about these things until the morning of the day she
plans to move. She's so laid back and I'm such a SPAZ!

Good to see you Starr!!! We missed you around here.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:33 AM

Hey, Ketabcha! We're getting moisture here in Houston but it's more of a mist or heavy dew. The humidity feels like @ 250% (ugh) so maybe the wetness on the grass is just heavy humidity. I cant believe I've been running the air-conditioner most of January and now February. It's 72 right now and the high temp today is supposed to be 80.

Thanks for the comment about your loving to sleep. It made me realize that I'm not alone in that. When I'm feeling well, I almost feel guilty taking naps throughout the day. I need to work on that and not feel guilty about doing anything -- or doing nothing. After all, isnt that the idea of retirement?

I do have plans to start back on running errands for shut-ins when I'm healthy enough to be reliable. But it will be only a part-time endeavor. I dont ever want to live by a clock again.

Quote:
The DFW area in Texas is the first to have watering restrictions lifted. All that rain and flooding we got last week is what loaded up the lakes and made things more liveable.

Looks like we are going to get more rain on Friday and Saturday. I hope you guys in Houston and San Antonio get some rain, too.

I went to bed last night at 11 and did not wake up until noon today. I guess I needed the sleep. I do love to sleep...especially in the winter. I'm not grouchy so I guess I was not hibernating.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:25 AM

2,002 posts, read 4,583,094 times
Hi everyone!

Quote:
Looks like we are going to get more rain on Friday and Saturday. I hope you guys in Houston and San Antonio get some rain, too.
Yay! We had a few drops last night. Hopefully we'll see more of that today.

Quote:
I agree, being in bed during winter is the best. Sadly our cold season is so short.

It's wonderful today. If I could find a city with this weather I would move!

Old 02-03-2012, 04:10 PM

OMG. This year started off bad and is going downhill fast.

I got three emails from my email provider Earthlink this afternoon, advising me that I had added three email addresses to my account. I know what spoof emails look like and these werent spoofs. They were the real deal, with my name and account number. So I had to call Earthlink and get those addresses deleted. Earthlink swore they were added from my computer -- and I swore...well, I swore that they werent.

Then I got the idea to run my Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Sure enough...I had a Trojan- Dropper. Someone dropped it in my computer and, since my email was open, they got my email password and set up the three email addresses.

I'm running Kaspersky now to see if there are any more Trojans. I'd like to check my credit card accounts but am afraid to do it for fear of giving a Trojan those passwords (if they dont already have them).

Kaspersky's webpage says this Trojan ( trojan-dropper.win.32.daws.jju ) was released today. So youall may want to run your anti-virus programs to make sure you dont have it. If not for the email snafu, I'd never have known. I ran Kaspersky this morning but got the Trojan this afternoon.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:39 PM

I just read fuzzy's post about the Jewelry Flash Sales on 1SaleADay.

I deliberately never post about Jewelry for sale on that site. I explained why once but should probably do it regularly.

As much as I like 1SaleADay, there are items I'd never buy...jewelry, computers, anything computer-related, GPS devices, TV's and anything expensive.

Please read my post in that thread (the link is below). I hope that fuzzy didnt spend a lot of $$$ on any jewelry. One good thing is that, if she isnt happy with her purchase, they'll refund her $$$.

//www.city-data.com/forum/deals...-deal-day.html

Old 02-03-2012, 05:38 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times
Idon't buy jewelry from them because I ordered a ring 2 months ago and never got it. I have not had any problems with other things I've ordered from them, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff