Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 03:47 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times

Advertisements

TFW - I wish we lived closer to each other. I'd be over there taking you wherever you needed to go and some places you actually want to go. Good luck tomorrow with the surgery. I'll be thinking of you.

What a sweetie you are, Ketabcha! Thanks so much! And thanks to everyone else, as well. Gall bladder surgery isnt as painful as foot/bone surgery and two Vicodins every four hours helps manage the pain to just a "kicked in the stomach by an angry mule" feeling. I tried to do too much a couple of days ago and ended up with a black abdomen from internal bleeding. So I'm back to resting a lot and the bruising is starting to fade.

I'll get the biopsy results on the lump next week. I may already have told you guys but, despite the doctors' suspicions, I dont have a bad feeling about the lump. I think it was benign.

And the best news of all...whatever the surgeon did to help my swallowing problem was a success! I havent been able to swallow well since my stroke five years ago -- but I've had no problem at all since the surgery. I'm beyond thrilled!

My official retirement date is April 01 but, due to my foot problems, I've been away from my job since mid-September. My short-term disability ends March 08 and I'm taking vacation from then through March 31. After 42 years of working and 20 years at the same company, retirement -- with, hopefully, good health to enjoy it -- is going to be great!

I'll be back more when I'm feeling better. This is the best forum on the entire internet!!

Old 03-03-2011, 06:59 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,200,867 times
Awww TFW....I just hate that you are having to go through all of this! We really miss you and worry about you while you are away.

My grandson is going to his little friend's house to play....so I'll be back to post in a bit. I love him....but I'll sure be happy to get rid of him a couple of hours.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:52 AM

OK....I'm back....enjoying the peace and quiet!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/2zfle6g.gif (broken link)

Kind of an odd bunch of freebies this morning....but some interesting stuff. Crazyworld sent me a new freebie link, so I'm going to check that one out this morning. Maybe I'll find something new and hot off the presses.....or internet....or something similar.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:17 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
TFW - I wish we lived closer to each other. I'd be over there taking you wherever you needed to go and some places you actually want to go. Good luck tomorrow with the surgery. I'll be thinking of you.

What a sweetie you are, Ketabcha! Thanks so much! And thanks to everyone else, as well. Gall bladder surgery isnt as painful as foot/bone surgery and two Vicodins every four hours helps manage the pain to just a "kicked in the stomach by an angry mule" feeling. I tried to do too much a couple of days ago and ended up with a black abdomen from internal bleeding. So I'm back to resting a lot and the bruising is starting to fade.

I'll get the biopsy results on the lump next week. I may already have told you guys but, despite the doctors' suspicions, I dont have a bad feeling about the lump. I think it was benign.

And the best news of all...whatever the surgeon did to help my swallowing problem was a success! I havent been able to swallow well since my stroke five years ago -- but I've had no problem at all since the surgery. I'm beyond thrilled!

My official retirement date is April 01 but, due to my foot problems, I've been away from my job since mid-September. My short-term disability ends March 08 and I'm taking vacation from then through March 31. After 42 years of working and 20 years at the same company, retirement -- with, hopefully, good health to enjoy it -- is going to be great!

I'll be back more when I'm feeling better. This is the best forum on the entire internet!!

I second the "wish we lived closer" thing. We could all tag team you until you were throwing pain pills at us to get us to go away. Hang in there, know we are all thinking of you and await your full time return!!!

Old 03-03-2011, 07:30 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
Hey Starr, looks like your really getting the hang of this ordering stuff. You should start raking it in pretty soon!!!

Old 03-03-2011, 09:00 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,653,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Hey Starr, looks like your really getting the hang of this ordering stuff. You should start raking it in pretty soon!!!
Thanks, Camper! This is such a friendly place! I always smile when I visit here, b/c everyone is so nice.

Welcome, MidnightTrain!

texasfirewheel, I hope you'll feel better soon. You'll be in my thoughts.

Oh, Glory, what can I say? You have such a kind heart. I've recently considered going around my neighborhood on recycling night to see if anyone's thrown coupons away. Haven't quite worked up the nerve for that, though. lol. Today I went what I call "coupon shopping" and saved $10 with coupons! Love it when I can put store sales w/store coupons that I already have a manufacture's coupon for.

Last edited by Starr.R; 03-03-2011 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: additional conversation!

Old 03-04-2011, 04:18 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,531,028 times
Hi Everybody,

Okay, I'm back again......kinda......really got on to check out a town to see how many Mormons it has, but I got onto this instead 'cuz I wanted to say hi....I miss you all....

Hello and welcome to the newbies.....I'm an oldbie, but I look like a newbie, huh.....

Keta has a RED star? OMG! Where have I been? YEOW! Yes, I know about the email......I will, I promise...

GB, your girl is cute!

TFW, I wish you the best. If I lived near you, I'd come over to see if you had one of those drugs that you take that makes you not care about things....those valium kinds-of-drugs....I'd borrow some...... I hope you get well enough (and ambulatory enough) to get Queenie back soon, but I know that your girl is going to have a hard time giving her back.... I think you are cute, too, and you definitely don't look your age.... I have forgotten your age, but you definitely don't look it!

Camper, I have found out how to find my 'likes' on f/b.....with the new format, they disappeared..... Heck, we try to like stuff so that we can get freebies and coupons, etc., and then we can't find what we like.....grrr

If I see recycle bottles and cans in a public trash can, I grab them...I don't dive too much, but if they are visible, I get them....(I also pick them up out of flower beds, gutters, etc. It really irks me when people toss their trash out of car windows, all trash)....I try to remember to take a grocery bag wadded up in my pocket when we go for a walk and boy, I whip that baby out, no problem... I hate it when people toss them...(I was raised by Dust Bowl immigrants and recycled before it became a trendy word)...and I love it when I turn them in and get money..... I set up a special recycling account when my daughter was a baby.....she knows nothing of this....she will get it someday.....maybe when I'm dead, maybe when she gets married, I haven't decided yet. I put my recycle money in it, rebate checks, etc..... A few years back, my husband took $10k out of it and invested it...... Right now, I have a little over $3k again.....it slowly adds up...key word is 'slowly'.....

A few times I have been in a park at night time and have looked in cans.....these are great because picknickers, (is that a word?), or people doing birthday party celebrations in parks toss cans, bottles, 2-litre bottles, etc....well, I've met a rat or two that has fallen down into the cans......that can be pretty scary......I don't know whose heart beats faster. If a rat is in one, I forget it....I don't want rabies or whatever it is that rats carry....

February 28th was my 35th wedding anniversary. Somebody hit and run my husband's Lexus while he was in the library at UCI....no note.....nothing.....creep! I wrote the boss of all the UCI (University of California at Irvine), parking lots to see if they had cameras, especally since 'campus rape' has gotten to be such an issue all across the USA....nope, not one camera! Needless to say, it wasn't the best day. We would like to go away for a weekend, but it seems that we are always having open house.....it would be nice if we could take a quick trip to CO. to pick out a house.....a girl can only hope.....

I forgot who asked about the house......we have received several offers but they always fall through....a party is currently trying to get a loan but I know they won't qualify.... We will have another open house this Sunday.

This week I tried to get some of the algae-mold off of my patio that comes when it is too shady...I used to just use my high pressure Karcher, but it never gets it all.....so now I buy this gallon of stuff...in the beginning, I followed directions and watered it down and spritzed it on, but it took forever and killed my joints in my hands...(my patio is stamped concrete and there are a lot of little 'cracks' where it grows....I swear, when I see a house advertised that has a 'stamped patio' I say 'forget it' )...so now, I put it in a jar and pour it on full strength..(and 2 days later, I have to wash all the white spots off the patio.)...when that stuff gets on my hands it eats off my skin, like an acid burn.....been there and done that....not fun....... After this current gallon of stuff is gone, I've bought another gallon of stuff that is a different brand....maybe it won't eat me up as much. I could wear gloves, but I am always in a hurry and forget.....

Old 03-04-2011, 05:45 AM

Well gosh Wurzig....you are always so industrious. Doesn't just bleach work on your mold? I use that Clorox Clean-Up spray cleaner for just about everything. Incredible stuff! It's tough getting a beautiful big house like yours sold. Heck, it's hard getting a cheap house sold these days.

Starr....do you get your local newspaper? They should have plenty of coupons. It is the advertisers that pay the newspaper industry bills. Sometimes I think our newspaper has more ads than news.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

GOOD MORNING TO ALL!

Old 03-04-2011, 06:49 AM

Not too many freebies since we are at the end of the week. I REALLY want that one from Redken though. I hope their site comes back up before I go to work.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:29 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,531,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Well gosh Wurzig....you are always so industrious. Doesn't just bleach work on your mold? I use that Clorox Clean-Up spray cleaner for just about everything. Incredible stuff! It's tough getting a beautiful big house like yours sold. Heck, it's hard getting a cheap house sold these days.

Starr....do you get your local newspaper? They should have plenty of coupons. It is the advertisers that pay the newspaper industry bills. Sometimes I think our newspaper has more ads than news.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

GOOD MORNING TO ALL!
Nope.....Clorox doesn't do it......Tilex didn't do it, (just made the greenish algae kinda orangish)......

There is special algae-mold killing stuff that you can buy at the hardware store...(and the new stuff that I haven't tried yet was bought at Costco...it's seasonal and was there last year but I didn't need it so when I saw it last month, even though I didn't need it YET, I bought it, and of course, you have to buy 2 taped together)....leave it to me to find this kind of stuff out when I am desperate...

I spray Tilex in my kitchen sink all the time......it gets the grease out...I just have to wear clothes that I don't care about when I use it because sometimes those squirter thingies aren't precise.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff