Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2011, 11:48 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times

Advertisements

Grrrrr..... This is what I look like guys!!!

Old 03-07-2011, 07:26 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,427,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Has anyone heard from Gandalara?

Work is a hungry grizzly bear. Our district hasn't done furloughs, but as people retire or leave for another job ... they're not replacing people. So the people that are left keep absorbing jobs, "for a little while".

When I moved over to this department last June, I had 1 fund. Around October, I was given another fund. And 2 weeks ago they 'gave' me the bookstore accounting.

I come in here ... read, laugh, and can't think of anything to say

Old 03-07-2011, 09:13 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post

Work is a hungry grizzly bear. Our district hasn't done furloughs, but as people retire or leave for another job ... they're not replacing people. So the people that are left keep absorbing jobs, "for a little while".

When I moved over to this department last June, I had 1 fund. Around October, I was given another fund. And 2 weeks ago they 'gave' me the bookstore accounting.

Glad you made time to stop by.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:43 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Quote:

We'll have to find you a side-kick.....
LOL, I feel like doing that to a lot of people....

Old 03-07-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Has anyone heard from Gandalara?
No.....does she have a f/b?

Old 03-07-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post

Grrrrr..... This is what I look like guys!!!
Too much!

Old 03-07-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr.R View Post
So, my adventure today was to go out and kill the hornet that had set up housekeeping in my mailbox this week. I tried everything I could from my "natural" pesticide arsenol! Finally, today he didn't fly out at me when I opened the door. He was busy creating a nest in there. So I ran in the house and got the hornet spray. I really don't like killing things (except ants), but he was making me nervous around my mailbox and now that I've found this place, I can't have that!
Was he making it out of mud or that honey comb stuff without the honey? Those things are scary! I wash a few of those mud nests that are really high on my house every year or so.......and yea, there have been some in my mailbox over the years, too...... My house is about 3 stories tall, so it's hard to get them down.....they put them right under the roof area......

Old 03-07-2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:

This has nothing to do with your job, Gand: Did you know that I am a bonafide Griz mom? University of Montana kids are called Grizzlies........the teams are Grizzlies..... I am a proud Griz mom...... Go Griz! (okay, I'm done writing Griz stuff now)

Man, they are doing that at all companies! Not replacing people when they leave......they expect everybody to be robots and never get tired or stressed.....

Old 03-08-2011, 06:01 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
We should start a sing in & out thread.
I thought that was what this thread was.
I've got my eye on you......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr.R View Post
So, my adventure today was to go out and kill the hornet that had set up housekeeping in my mailbox this week. I tried everything I could from my "natural" pesticide arsenol! Finally, today he didn't fly out at me when I opened the door. He was busy creating a nest in there. So I ran in the house and got the hornet spray. I really don't like killing things (except ants), but he was making me nervous around my mailbox and now that I've found this place, I can't have that!
I would bug spray any HUMAN near my mailbox. It is my sacred Freebie Shrine.

Did you get rid of it? You will probably have to find the nest and destroy it.

Quote:

Doesn't seem to stop Camper. She resorts to her new found smiley posting skills.

Same thing where I work. Not so much in my position, but I have a friend who is a supervisor and she is feeling so overwhelmed with all the extra work. This is why I never apply for any of the higher job openings within the company. I'm just too old to want that much work or stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
LOL, I feel like doing that to a lot of people....
I have quite the list myself.

I lost my quoted post from Ketabcha and can't remember what it said. Good Lord, I forget everything these days!

GOOD MORNING TO EVERYONE!
This is what we would look like if we checked the mail together......

Old 03-08-2011, 06:45 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
GloryB..you crack me up.

Good Morning everyone.

My husband was a mail man (excuse me - letter carrier) for years and he was chased away by bees many times....LOL AND dogs that loved to be on the other side of mail slots. He learned to look first......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff