Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2017, 08:27 PM

13,057 posts, read 18,133,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I got that letter a few months ago and ignored it. Shortly after that, I had Comcast Internet problems and called them, going through that stupid automated "you can fix it yourself" thing. I kept pushing "0" until I got a person, and told them to send someone out, and send someone NOW, because "I am old and can't do those things to fix it myself" (mostly true). They came the next morning, fixed the problem quickly, and said I need a new modem. He went to his truck, brought in a new and improved modem, installed it, updated everything, and left within 30 minutes, after writing a receipt for the old modem he took.
Don't make their problem, your problem! Tell them "NO, you install it and take the old one with you".
Sometimes, I can be nice. Sometimes I can be ignorant. But all of us Comcast customers pay bundles of money to them, so I speak up and demand service. 10 years ago, I was (almost) a pushover.
I just may take you up on this advice. We had a new propane tank installed a few weeks ago and much to our dismay it appears that Ms. Utility has an accuracy rate that could stand to take a few lessons from a visually handicapped or totally blind person. The communications line markings were only off by 3 feet and they cut the lines. I spoke to Comcast cast and they were dispatching someone that very day in 3 to 5 hours. I was so happy as I had nothing. Well at hour 6, I decided to call to see when they might arrive and there was no record of my call. (I am guessing I was busy eating muskrat and scrapple). It was not too late to get me on the books for early the next day so now I am assigned a late in the day window. I called the executive office and was passed along to an escalation agent who got the appointment before 10 a.m. the next day. So long story short they did an above ground repair and then this past Friday the crew came to bury the line. The escalation agent checked in with me today via email and I explained abut the new modem and replied that I did not think expecting a paying customer to worry about returning a modem was the right customer service approach. I will see if I get a response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 07:33 AM

9,728 posts, read 14,273,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I just may take you up on this advice. We had a new propane tank installed a few weeks ago and much to our dismay it appears that Ms. Utility has an accuracy rate that could stand to take a few lessons from a visually handicapped or totally blind person. The communications line markings were only off by 3 feet and they cut the lines. I spoke to Comcast cast and they were dispatching someone that very day in 3 to 5 hours. I was so happy as I had nothing. Well at hour 6, I decided to call to see when they might arrive and there was no record of my call. (I am guessing I was busy eating muskrat and scrapple). It was not too late to get me on the books for early the next day so now I am assigned a late in the day window. I called the executive office and was passed along to an escalation agent who got the appointment before 10 a.m. the next day. So long story short they did an above ground repair and then this past Friday the crew came to bury the line. The escalation agent checked in with me today via email and I explained abut the new modem and replied that I did not think expecting a paying customer to worry about returning a modem was the right customer service approach. I will see if I get a response.
You would think.......(apparently, they don't) Comcast would get the hang of scheduling and repairing by now! Comcast has a site, where people register their complaints (I've been posting in there for years). Guess Comcast never reads, or learns by those complaints! You can't be nice to those people, and I'm definitely not. Believe or not, I didn't used to be this way! Never mind, they always remember to increase our bills.

Old 12-15-2017, 11:16 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,283,919 times
Quote:
You would think.......(apparently, they don't) Comcast would get the hang of scheduling and repairing by now! Comcast has a site, where people register their complaints (I've been posting in there for years). Guess Comcast never reads, or learns by those complaints! You can't be nice to those people, and I'm definitely not. Believe or not, I didn't used to be this way! Never mind, they always remember to increase our bills.
I always suspected that your rosy, easygoing persona was just an act.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
I always suspected that your rosy, easygoing persona was just an act.
Busted!

Old 12-17-2017, 12:41 AM

32,946 posts, read 36,394,363 times
Quote:
Busted!
LOL. I get seriously ticked off once in a while. My son has thought about buying a muzzle for me for years. Mom, mom, mom, settle down. Grrr.

I'm really pretty nice most of the time. Yeah, I have jumper cables. You can have a egg. That really happened. The neighbor came over and asked for an egg. Sure, why not?

Old 12-22-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
LOL. I get seriously ticked off once in a while. My son has thought about buying a muzzle for me for years. Mom, mom, mom, settle down. Grrr.

I'm really pretty nice most of the time. Yeah, I have jumper cables. You can have a egg. That really happened. The neighbor came over and asked for an egg. Sure, why not?
I'm "really pretty nice" too, "some" of the time "They" make me be this way, sometimes.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:53 AM

Christmas is over.
The house is de-Christmas-ed and the spare room is full of what-once-was Christmas.
Tulips aren't up yet!

Old 01-08-2018, 03:28 PM

13,057 posts, read 18,133,701 times
Quote:
Christmas is over.
The house is de-Christmas-ed and the spare room is full of what-once-was Christmas.
Tulips aren't up yet!
I have a little game I play every year. I do a thorough walk through to be sure I am all de-Christmased before I finally plop down. Did it about an hour and a half ago. Thrilled to tears that it was all away. (Not counting, the Holy Family in an iceberg outside). So I just pass the dining room table and the centerpiece has a Christmas candle in it. I was so sure I had gotten it all too.

P.S. Never have I had a perfect run.

Old 03-22-2018, 05:13 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,219,327 times
Many school districts closed for 2 days posting the day before out of safety concerns. PoyNets interior roads look like they were plowed overnight. I will take this type of "storm" any time.

Old 03-22-2018, 06:10 AM

Not bad here in Wyoming, DE (Kent County). I just cleaned off the car, and shoveled the sidewalks to make it easier on the mail person. Piece of cake!

I'm not complaining that the snow plows ran all night, and woke me up each time they passed our house. Actually, it's a comforting feeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware