Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 04:54 PM

605 posts, read 669,143 times

Advertisements

Royal Farms has better fried chicken and chicken subs, however Wawa has much better selection of everything else. That being said both are a lot better than most other convenience store chains I have been to including 7-11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 11:37 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,212,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
+1 on that. I do like the chicken wings at RoFo. Wawa seems to set the bar on gasoline prices around here. RoFo just matches them, at least here in Milford. I remember when the Milford Wawa opened up; it was as if they were giving the gasoline away for free.
We have a WaWa under construction on 24 near Long Neck. Royal Farms, Giant and Shell will be major gas competition. Should be interesting.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:08 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,259,690 times
I love Wawa for the free ATMs. It's closer than our bank branch to where we live. And I love the sizzli with pepperoni and cheese on a bagel. Good thing it's available only for breakfast and I hardly ever get there till afternoons.

We don't have any decent KFCs within a half hour, so a new Royal Farms on Kirkwood Highway south of Prices Corner has my vote for takeout fried chicken on the rare occasions I'm down that way. I think it's pretty good. I've also had "broasted chicken" from Lettie's in Hockessin (where they've just posted their "Best in Delaware" banner) and I think Royal Farms's is better, not to mention cheaper.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:47 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocopsonite View Post
I love Wawa for the free ATMs. It's closer than our bank branch to where we live. And I love the sizzli with pepperoni and cheese on a bagel. Good thing it's available only for breakfast and I hardly ever get there till afternoons.

We don't have any decent KFCs within a half hour, so a new Royal Farms on Kirkwood Highway south of Prices Corner has my vote for takeout fried chicken on the rare occasions I'm down that way. I think it's pretty good. I've also had "broasted chicken" from Lettie's in Hockessin (where they've just posted their "Best in Delaware" banner) and I think Royal Farms's is better, not to mention cheaper.
Be aware that not all banks are honoring the free ATM any longer. We stopped using WaWa when TD started charging a high fee for using it. I am not sure if the reason is that we changed our checking to 60+ or if it is just another way for the bank to make back the money that they thought they were losing.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:41 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,658 times
I'm a Wawa person, I can't stand Royal Farms coffee at all. Dunkin Donuts is my favorite btw. It doesn't matter what I put in the Royal Farms coffee, it all tastes like it was made with sour milk. What ruined me was getting a Keurig coffee maker a few years ago, I used to really like Wawa, and now I'm ehhh, but I like the store itself.

Apparently on route 24/1 across from the Wawa, going south on 1, we are getting a Royal Farms ( it used to be an Exxon) should be interesting.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:09 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,910,003 times
Dunkin' Donuts all the way!!! They beat Wawa and Royal Farms any day. That new dark roast is the best. I visit the Bethany location (great store, btw) a couple times a week, and now I know everyone who works there because I'm in there so much . Sure is busy during the summer....like literally a line out the door in the mornings. Very well managed though.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:28 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,212,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post

Apparently on route 24/1 across from the Wawa, going south on 1, we are getting a Royal Farms ( it used to be an Exxon) should be interesting.
Yes !! That should be interesting.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:56 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,019,885 times
Wawa all the way. Not even a question. I'll drive miles for their Philly soft pretzels. Love their sandwiches, too.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:40 AM

Location: Central Texas. Wait, I mean South Texas. Actually, both Central and South Texas
317 posts, read 573,733 times
RoFo > WaWa. Too bad there aren't any Sheetz in Delaware because they are even better than RoFo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware