Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 02:53 PM

2,372 posts, read 4,885,101 times

Advertisements

I am livid! My husband decided to push his way through a light turning red in south Dover and I saw the camera flash. Needless to say he got a tongue lashing at the time. His excuse? He said he didn't know there was a camera there...….Doesn't matter, idiot!!

But now today we finally get the ticket (was about 3 weeks ago) and it is in MY name because the car is in my name!! I know he did it and we will pay the fine, but I don't want MY name on this violation. He is out of town but I know his ears are burning because I have been calling him every name in the book since I got the mail.

Anything I can do to get this away from my name? I am just about ready to take away his key and make him ride with me if we use my car since he drives like an arrogant male. His car is smaller and mine is a SUV, so we use it more (his is also a convertible) and he pouts like a little kid if he has to ride with me instead of "commanding the vehicle". I have only ever had one ticket in my life and I am spitting mad right now. At least there were no points involved, although I don't know how they could when they didn't take a picture of the driver, just the car.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:44 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,217,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
I am livid! My husband decided to push his way through a light turning red in south Dover and I saw the camera flash. Needless to say he got a tongue lashing at the time. His excuse? He said he didn't know there was a camera there...….Doesn't matter, idiot!!

But now today we finally get the ticket (was about 3 weeks ago) and it is in MY name because the car is in my name!! I know he did it and we will pay the fine, but I don't want MY name on this violation. He is out of town but I know his ears are burning because I have been calling him every name in the book since I got the mail.

Anything I can do to get this away from my name? I am just about ready to take away his key and make him ride with me if we use my car since he drives like an arrogant male. His car is smaller and mine is a SUV, so we use it more (his is also a convertible) and he pouts like a little kid if he has to ride with me instead of "commanding the vehicle". I have only ever had one ticket in my life and I am spitting mad right now. At least there were no points involved, although I don't know how they could when they didn't take a picture of the driver, just the car.

Not trying to be a "wiseguy" here but:

"For better or worse..........."

I don't condone this: divorce him and change your name back to your maiden or some other name.

Otherwise the second sentence.

Love and marriage, love and marriage.....................

Old 10-22-2018, 08:40 PM

32,997 posts, read 36,525,318 times
My car was in my husband's name. I guess you could tell your insurance company that you weren't driving the vehicle at the time, but since your husband got the ticket, it's not going to make any difference. He has access to the vehicle. Delaware DMV doesn't care. They just want their money.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:31 AM

9,746 posts, read 14,309,227 times
Quote:
:
Could anything worse have happened?
Have you made it thus far to retirement in Delaware without a major crisis?
Do you love one another?
Did you call your husband an "idiot"

Suck it up! It's such a small thing....
So sad......

Old 10-23-2018, 08:14 AM

3,307 posts, read 9,397,296 times
It's no points and not reported to insurance because it can't be proven who was driving the car. The fact that the ticket is in your name is a non-issue. There are no negative ramifications.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:38 AM

2,372 posts, read 4,885,101 times
Unfortunately there are negatives are we will be out $138 due to his driving.

I'm sorry several of you feel this is nothing. I have been asking him over and over and over to please moderate his driving. He seems to always be in a hurry to get nowhere and some day he will do something that will not be so easy to fix.

We have been married over 44 years, so yes rdlr I do love him. Unfortunately there are days, like yesterday, when I don't like him very much, thus my rant. I just object to getting a letter in the mail in my name for something I have asked him not to do. It's like a parent having to run herd over a kid and I'm too tired and too old for it. I just wanted to know if there was some way officially I could get my name off of this. I guess there isn't.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:47 AM

6,924 posts, read 3,975,380 times
Quote:

I'm sorry several of you feel this is nothing. I have been asking him over and over and over to please moderate his driving. He seems to always be in a hurry to get nowhere and some day he will do something that will not be so easy to fix.

We have been married over 44 years, so yes rdlr I do love him. Unfortunately there are days, like yesterday, when I don't like him very much, thus my rant. I just object to getting a letter in the mail in my name for something I have asked him not to do. It's like a parent having to run herd over a kid and I'm too tired and too old for it. I just wanted to know if there was some way officially I could get my name off of this. I guess there isn't.

Simple... don't let him drive your car! Problem solved. If the car is in your name, there isn't a thing he can do about that, no matter how childish he acts.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:04 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,573,957 times
My wife did the same thing in my vehicle two months ago. No way in heck I would get that mad over something so trivial. Not like she did it on purpose. It is a fine and no points against your license. Lighten up Francis.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:05 PM

9,746 posts, read 14,309,227 times
Quote:
Definitely, over-reacting. Have a heart. We all make mistakes, don't we?

Old 10-23-2018, 05:15 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,217,268 times
Quote:

Don't you ever mess up, cost money, upset him over it, etc.,?

Your hubby isn't perfect and (no offense) neither are you or anybody else IMHO.

Your name is on that car so that's all the camera knows - nothing more, nothing less.

So now you just don't eat out for a month to recoup that $138.00. lol!

So you are "marked" (j/k ) on that car for life, but don't worry we all will be permanently disconnected from our temporary earthly things (and that's all they are) when GOD eventually calls us home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: