Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 07:05 PM

11,339 posts, read 16,695,644 times

Advertisements

We looked at a house there about 3-4 years ago. The land lease at that time was $13,000 and the house was selling for $159,000. Last time I looked it was still for sale for $74,900 and the land lease was now $15,600.

Great location, greedy land owners are killing the community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 5,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
There is SO much for sale down there, I couldn't even begin to recommend a place. The sky's the limit! Here's just an example of one on the water:
2006 Doublewide w/ Garage
3BR/2BAground rent $5700 yr/ 475 mo
$84,900
There are also tons of properties for sale, very reasonably priced, in fee simple (own the land). It always amazes me that most people coming from out of state want to rent the land.
Glad I found this forum. Had thought about Potsnets. Thinking of moving from NJ--what property are you referring to that is fee simple--I would like to own the land. Any recommendations??

Old 08-13-2008, 06:44 AM

9 posts, read 37,268 times
Default Fee Simple 55+

Posttime,

We are ,also, residents of NJ and will retire to DE at the end of next year. We researched landlease communities, as well as, fee simple( you own the land) and decided fee simple was best for us. We purchased a townhome in Heritage Shores in Bridgeville and, absolutely, love it there!
Townhomes begin in the mid 200,000's and the houses begin in the low 300,000's. The community is loaded with amenities and the monthly association fee is $220 a month . It is a must-see place before you make any decisions. Have fun in your search!

Old 08-13-2008, 08:22 AM

1 posts, read 5,216 times
Hi
I live close to this area & I am a realtor. You can find something else most likely right now on its own ground without the ground rent. Take care.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:35 AM

957 posts, read 3,699,096 times
We looked for 6 months and the cheapest waterfront we could find was around $500,000 for the lot. If you don't care to be on the water, then there are plenty of houses for sale. There is no way you will find a house on the water anywhere in the US for anywhere near what you will pay for a house in any of the rented lot communities. You need to compare apples to apples. You can't compare a waterfront land lease to a fee simple lot in a subdivision in the middle of a corn field. Look at a leased waterfront lot and tell your realtor to find you the same thing for the same price fee simple... and buy every one he/she finds.

Land lease isn't a bad thing...Leasing from the Tunnells is...Stay away from PotNets, Mariners Cove and Baywood. Mariners is not Tunnell owned, but they follow the same unethical business practices.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:57 PM

8 posts, read 24,838 times
I have the luxury of owning the land in NJ but it is too much work now for me and hubby. I am considering the land lease for now. I have 2 yrs. to make a decision. I just don't know how I can afford a water view at all, I cannot believe the prices. To find something under 200K is hard. We don't want to strap ourselves. We like Sussex County the most. Any places you can advise me to look at?
Thank You.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:24 PM

Where is this Massey's that you are talking about? I am going to Pot-Nets on Mon for a look around. We have 2 years to look around. We just don't know yet. We love the water and have a small boat. We are looking for a small home since it is just the 2 of us. Thanks .

Old 08-23-2008, 06:25 PM

We are going their on Monday to look around. The concept sounds to good to be true. I am really looking forward to it.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:16 PM

957 posts, read 3,699,096 times
It is at the end of Long Neck Road. Instead of turning into PotNets, just keep going straight. It's the last park on the right just before the public landing.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:43 PM

2 posts, read 8,036 times
Default Pot Nets

We are also from PA looking for home at the beach We just got back from Pot Nets. We are afraid of the land rent never gone that way We are planning on making this a permanent home. Would also like to hear from actual owners in the Pot Nets communities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware