Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 05:47 PM

9,729 posts, read 14,277,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movn2del View Post
Hey rdlr. Realtor state vs. attorney state is information we got from the realtor we used. In a realtor state, which is what we were told DE is, the realtor prepares the contract paperwork and deals with the seller with regard to the findings on the house, sewer and septic inspections, repairs, and such. In an attorney state, like NY, the attorney handles that stuff. I only know what I was told. Whether or not that is fact, I can't say.
Thanks for the clarification, Movn2del! I thought you meant that a Realtor is "needed" to buy or sell a house. Sorry!

I've seen all sorts of methods. Yes, a Realtor can do all those things for the seller, or the buyer. And, if you don't use a Realtor, sometimes the seller or buyer turn to his/her attorney for advice in those matters, and schedules his/her own inspections. Also, For Sale By Owners write their own contracts, or have their attorneys write them, or review what they have written. To even muddy this more, mortgage companies have a hand in ordering some of those inspections, in conjunction with approving the buyers' loans. I've never really heard of Delaware being a 'realtor state' though. So that's a new one on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 10:11 AM

243 posts, read 915,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossc View Post
The attorney can do all of that in DE. They may not usually do it because the realtor does it, but they can if requested. According to my lawyer, FSBO is becoming more popular as prices are coming down. If a realtor charges 6%, that's 6% I can drop my price and still end up with what we want after the sale.
In theory, FSBO sounds great. I don't know if it works as well as using a realtor or not. I wish you the best of luck and hope you have a quick sale.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:39 PM

957 posts, read 3,701,463 times
We close on our house in two weeks. It sold in three weeks from either the lawn sign or Craigs List for asking price. I think they just saw the FSBO sign while riding by. We're still in a mild state of shock. We really didn't expect it to sell this quick.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:44 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,431,300 times
That's absolutely wonderful, rossc, am very happy for you. Have seen many nice homes listed w/ well-known realtor companies in my area and they're just not moving, even w/ open houses, some have been reduced in price etc. It has to be a huge weight off your mind, good luck w/ the upcoming move.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:56 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,677,633 times
Quote:
We close on our house in two weeks. It sold in three weeks from either the lawn sign or Craigs List for asking price. I think they just saw the FSBO sign while riding by. We're still in a mild state of shock. We really didn't expect it to sell this quick.
Holy smokes........what a success story. In this market your home sold in 3 weeks. Oh I just had to respond and say congratualtions!!!!!!!!!!!!
You did say where you live is a gem by the water or a best kept little secret. That is wonderful. I certainly wish all who have their homes on the market the best of luck. Guess your little kittie is happy too

Old 07-03-2008, 08:49 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,049,030 times
Quote:
In this market and with this economy, that's quite an accomplishment. Congratulations!!

Charley

Old 07-03-2008, 12:56 PM

87 posts, read 311,969 times
I have to add my congrats too!! You must feel a great sense of accomplishment --

Old 07-03-2008, 03:19 PM

957 posts, read 3,701,463 times
Thanks everyone. It is a relief. We had a feeling it would go before the end of the summer. The new owners are real nice and I'm sure will enjoy it as much as we did. We sold as a package...House, boat, jetski...The works. It is the cheapest waterfront lot rent in DE.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:08 PM

243 posts, read 915,220 times
Congratulations Rossc! I'm very happy your home sold so quickly. I wish you the best of luck.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:27 AM

903 posts, read 3,507,256 times
Wow rossc! You must have had it priced just right! Great job, and congrats on the sale! We have a few buyers here, some with closings soon. Perhaps the housing market is coming along afterall; at least here in DE!

Mary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: