Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 12:55 PM

9,729 posts, read 14,277,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DROB2 View Post
We are a mixed professional couple looking to move to Delaware.We saw a couple of house in the Odessa/Townsend area alot of people are telling us that there is alot of racism in this town that we should look at Middletown.
Sorry, I think I misread your post. Odessa and Townsend are two different towns, don't know if you know that, as well as Middletown. Team sports go under the name MOT, Middletown, Odessa, Townsend, incorporating each area. All of these towns are very close together. I rather doubt you would have any problems; I see inter-racial couples in those areas, as well as elsewhere in Delaware.

Also, you may not have meant "in town", but areas around those towns.....same goes. As far as I know, that's not a big deal. Hope all goes well!
Kind Regards!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 03:06 AM

95 posts, read 356,092 times
Delaware in general has racial issue.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:51 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,677,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcabrer1 View Post
Can you back that up?

Old 03-19-2009, 06:02 PM

16 posts, read 52,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Can you back that up?
All you got to do is be a minority in DE, and u'll know all about it.

I'm a 23 yr old black young professional, born and raised and I can tell you their is PLENTY OF RACISM IN THIS STATE. It's sneaky racism, might not be blantant in your face but it comes around to smack you in the face quite often if you know what I mean.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:20 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,387,195 times
I've been here a short time and being in a mixed race situation myself have noticed these 'some people say racism' posts. Some people say we never landed on the moon. You need to find new people.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:47 AM

445 posts, read 1,436,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
i've been here a short time and being in a mixed race situation myself have noticed these 'some people say racism' posts. Some people say we never landed on the moon. You need to find new people.
word!!

Old 03-24-2009, 09:51 AM

177 posts, read 687,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcabrer1 View Post
And Florida doesn't huh?

Any mixed couple in southern Delaware will be looked at like they've just seen a train wreck!

Your best bet would be to stay up in northern Delaware!

Old 03-24-2009, 09:56 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,049,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RehobothBeachDela_where View Post
And Florida doesn't?

Any mixed couple in southern Delaware will be looked at like they've just seen a train wreck!

That's really unfortunate.

I'm a white male, married to a white female, who will be moving to Kent County next year. I've always enjoyed good relationships with people of all colors, religions, ethnic backgrounds, ideologies, sizes, shapes, etc. I am hopeful that I will find a wonderful mix of cultural diversity in my neighbors.

After all, if we were all the same, how boring would that be?

Old 03-26-2009, 07:27 PM

445 posts, read 1,436,766 times
Quote:
And Florida doesn't huh?

Do I understand you to say old-time Rehoboth residents are accepting of the large Gay migration over the last 10 years, but they and the newer Gay population are not accepting of ethnic differences?

Old 03-27-2009, 06:55 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,548,988 times
Quote:
And Florida doesn't huh?

I grew up in Lower Delaware and find it insulting to think that there is more prejudice there then in the Northern Section. When you grow up with people you learn pretty quickly that skin color has nothing to do with if they are a jerk or a nice person. My high school in Milford probably had 1/3 African-American students, some I became friends with and some I didn't. One of my Mom's best friends was black and was the co-leader of our Girl Scout troop with her.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware