Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 12:34 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,005,585 times

Advertisements

Yep...I'm back up here with you now, Summering....until mid August. Then it's travel again for a few days. Who in their right mind goes to Texas in August!!???!!!!!!

We could get a gang together, suck on peaches, and do our Fuzzy Dances on August 2. Puppies are welcome here. After bears and the snake that decided to adopt me, dogs are easy.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:36 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,678,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebleu View Post
Oh-my-gosh, all I have to do is go away for a few days to a partial family reunion (lots of fun, by the way) and I come back, with my usual 4 minutes to read and reply, and discover this Peach Porch Party. Also, something, somewhere about rdlr turning into a water-carrier.

Husband and I, rudely inviting ourselves, propose to come in disguise as Newcomers. After more than 30 years in this state, not easy. But how about if we wear T-shirts with the names of states like Idaho (never been there) and New Mexico (not there either) on them? And--let's see--we could loudly mispronounce Leipsic and Frederica. What else???

But no. Doomed to failure. Will not pass any Real Newcomer test. Will likely blurt out that, yes, I do remember the Newstand, and when Sears was located on Loockerman, when the bestest, biggest movie theater was at the Blue Hen Mall--and when there wasn't even a McDonald's in town!

Ah, so sad.......
Annie I have a tee shirt from Tybee Island I can lend you.......
Or maybe you can volunteer for the waterman job.....
There has got to be a way

Old 07-24-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Yep...I'm back up here with you now, Summering....until Aug. 18. Then it's travel again for a few days. Who in their right mind goes to Texas in August!!???!!!!!!

We could get a gang together, suck on peaches, and do our Fuzzy Dances on August 2. Puppies are welcome here. After bears and the snake that decided to adopt me, dogs are easy.
The Rock..........your holding back on the snake story and I so want to hear...........
How did you get a snake for a pet and I got a bunch of feral cats?
Hummmm........maybe..........maybe......we got something going here?
PS at least your not in Texas with the Hurricane right now.......your safe in the hills of PA.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:09 PM

9,729 posts, read 14,277,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfmbh View Post
"Now I have to go work on my "Fuzzy Dance" as Rockky suggested "

Yep! We're in Delaware! Heading to the Fair this morning & closing on our new home tommorrow! Yipee y'all!
Fuzzy dance sounds great! Wonderful way to embarrass my daughters!
We have to be careful we don't turn this Welcome to Delaware Breakfast into a Talent Contest !
I don't have a whole lot of time to practice. Besides, I don't dance well in Flip Flops! (not that I dance well, at all)

Old 07-24-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
We have to be careful we don't turn this Welcome to Delaware Breakfast into a Talent Contest !
I don't have a whole lot of time to practice. Besides, I don't dance well in Flip Flops! (not that I dance well, at all)

Well, Summering had 15 years of TAP so..........here we go....
( lookin' around, lookin' around for those tap shoes)

Old 07-24-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Well, Summering had 15 years of TAP so..........here we go....
( lookin' around, lookin' around for those tap shoes)
Funny you should mention that, Sum! It just so happens we found some extra money in our budget for entertainment I was just saying to my husband a few minutes ago.....
"honey, do you think we could get some entertainment for our Welcome Breakfast for the Newcomers?"
And he said,
"well, sweetie, I was thinking a tap dancer would be good; somebody with experience"

Isn't that a coincidence???

Old 07-24-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Funny you should mention that, Sum! It just so happens we found some extra money in our budget for entertainment I was just saying to my husband a few minutes ago.....
"honey, do you think we could get some entertainment for our Welcome Breakfast for the Newcomers?"
And he said,
"well, sweetie, I was thinking a tap dancer would be good; somebody with experience"

Isn't that a coincidence???
Are you seriousssssss...........LOL............I am so laughing here.......
You mean at the same time he was saying that, I confessed....to tapping
Its too funny

Old 07-25-2008, 04:24 AM

Default trueyank is Coming Home!

Good News Bad News
I'm so happy to tell you all that trueyank is COMING HOME and there's a good chance she will be at our Welcome to Delaware Porch Breakfast! This is absolutely wonderful, to have another person, especially her, since she grew up here, and moved away. But, she's back, and that's all that matters! YEAHHHHHH ! Pray for her safe trip back home!

Bad News: Honeycrisp and her husband can't make it, darn it! We're bummed about that. You don't think Honeycrisp, Rockky, Annie, Tootsie, Fred, Mike and Summering are having their own party, do you? (she whispers in your ear) Nahhhhh, I didn't think so! But, they will be here in spirit, for sure! We'll miss you! Guess we'll have No Peach Topping and Whipped Cream on our cake, without y'all!

Everything is under control, lists are made, tables/chairs and peach linens have been ordered from the rental company, and grass will be mowed!!!!! For those not liking peach fuzzies, there will be peach iced tea in a fountain, and bottled water in an iced tub. I'm checking my private messages every hour, so if you're moving here anytime soon, please PM me for directions and details! This is Great! We love newcomers, and want to welcome you in typical Delaware style! .....as said......a little 'Hee-Haw' but, that's Just The Way We Are! Count Down: 1 Week from Tomorrow!

Last edited by rdlr; 07-25-2008 at 05:22 AM..

Old 07-25-2008, 05:45 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,005,585 times
Oh, rdlr, I love the entertainment idea!!! A tap dancer would be perfect! Thank goodness Summering has the experience!

Now, here's my idea. We will form a caravan and drive on down. Perhaps Summering could wear one of those cute, little Shirley Temple dresses, and perform going up and down the stairs of the porch.

All you'll need is a Bill Bojangles Robinson to tap with her.

(Just kiddin'....of course. )

Old 07-25-2008, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Oh, rdlr, I love the entertainment idea!!! A tap dancer would be perfect! Thank goodness Summering has the experience!

Now, here's my idea. We will form a caravan and drive on down. Perhaps Summering could wear one of those cute, little Shirley Temple dresses, and perform going up and down the stairs of the porch.

All you'll need is a Bill Bojangles Robinson to tap with her.

(Just kiddin'....of course. )
AHHHHH............
I can picture the whole thing!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware