Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 09:27 AM

24 posts, read 87,500 times

Advertisements

I'm moving down from New York where I currently use Verizon for my cell service. I will be relocating to Milford and was wondering what cell providers are recommended. I'm going to be traveling the entire state...working in Wilmington, Living in Milford, and visiting family in Bethany Beach, so I want a provider who is good in all these areas if possible.

I was looking at AT&T because of the iphone and rollover minutes, but have heard mixed reviews about cell coverage.

Thank you for your time.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 12:38 PM

445 posts, read 1,437,790 times
Verizon is best here IMHO. Works anywhere I've wanted, from beaches to Wilmington and points in-between.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:15 PM

Thank you for the feedback. Do you know anybody with AT&T that is satisfied? I've heard mixed reviews, but pretty much have only heard good things about Verizon. Even the guy at the AT&T store said the coverage was spotty. Great salesman.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:30 PM

13 posts, read 133,926 times
I have AT&T and couldn't be happier with coverage. I had the WORST coverage with Verizon--I live north of Wilmington, and had to go outside to get a WEAK signal. (My neighbor had to do the same, up to a year ago.) The only place I have coverage issues with AT&T is in the hills further north. And back when they were switching the area to 3G, calls would be lost when switching between networks. However, 3G now goes down to Smyrna. But I can't vouch for anything south of there, though. I haven't been below the canal in at least 4 years! Check their coverage map, you'll see where there might be issues. It's usually pretty accurate.

With southern Delaware being so flat, though, I can't see having any coverage issues with any of the big carriers down there.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:46 PM

Their coverage map shows I should be okay. They have a good deal going with the family plan for 700 minutes with unlimited data and text for $129.00. At least I think that's what I heard.

Anybody using the iphone, yet? That's what I want to get.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:24 AM

903 posts, read 3,509,453 times
We have Verizon, and are very pleased with it. In fact, we travel to Va Beach and beyond, and have good signal all the way to the Bay Bridge Tunnel.

Good luck, weclome to DE!

Mary

Old 08-14-2008, 05:21 AM

It seems more people than not are using Verizon and coming from NY, I have been very happy with their service which is why I'm torn. Why switch when what I have works fine? I guess I just want to try something new.

Plus, with Rollover minutes from AT&T, it seems like a better deal. But if the phone doesn't work or I can't get service with AT&T, what's the use of having rollover minutes.

I wish they didn't make you sign the two year contract. That would make this decision easier for me.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:08 AM

137 posts, read 314,188 times
Default Att

SJ-

I live in Michigan, but travel to Delaware often to visit family. I also have ATT wireless, use a fairly new phone, and have not had any problems with reception.

I have driven the length and width of Delaware from Philly down to the tunnel into VA Beach, from Maryland Bay Bridge to Rehoboth, and have always got a good signal.

I really like the roll-over minutes feature as we do a lot of traveling in the winter where our cell phone is the only way we can communicate.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:28 PM

87 posts, read 312,111 times
I have AT & T and the only time I've had problems has been right on the beach. Other than that, it's been great.

Kathy

Old 08-14-2008, 05:59 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,685,636 times
I suppose we are the only ones with T mobile but it works great for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware