Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2008, 10:13 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times

Advertisements

has the friendliest people in all my experiences. I attended the University from '83-'87 and i thought it was friendly there and even when i pass through Delaware by car in my travels now every year and I stop at the Christiana Mall for a break back to NYC the good attitude of the people continues to be as contagious as it was 25 years ago. And I noticed they spruced up the Main Street area of Newark back in the 90's with some kind of enclosed mall and a cool small "Borders and Books" type of store on Main Street(I recall the old malt Shoppe and "I Like It Like That" used records back in the early 80's)

Now I have a question. In '87 or '86 there was this cool deli place that served great pastrami/corned beef sandwiches called Jack Lundy's, it was a white and blue building, very unpretentious, and it wasn't there prior to '87 or '86. On Main Street right down near Academy Street near the Kinkos. I don't know if it's still there today(I don't think i saw it there within the past 15 years)but I wonder if J Lundy's was ever a Delaware chain or if it was privately owned.

What memories!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 10:31 PM

903 posts, read 3,505,674 times
Hi rlrl,

I'll have to agree with you on DE having very friendly people living here. We moved to central Kent County, and haven't had the chance to get to northern DE often, yet. So I can't help you on the question about Jack Lundy's in Newark.

Strangely, hubby and I used to travel the Route 13 corridor en route from Va Beach to NYC when he was in the Navy. While we didn't venture off 13 much, we were infatuated with the Delmarva peninsula. Little did we know we would end up living here 20+ years later!

Ah, yes, memories!

Mary

Old 09-19-2008, 12:31 AM

1,030 posts, read 3,415,765 times
Every place I visit in this country I have to say Delaware people are the most open, friendly people I run into. I happen to be a Delawarean myself.

When I go to Philadelphia, where I have lived for years, I see the huge difference, where it is totally inappropriate to start a conversation with someone you don't know.

I have to say, though, when I do come back, I do appreciate having a short, impersonal relationship with just about anybody I run into.

That might be Delaware's prize aspect.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:04 AM

Mary--did we chat a few months ago about the mentally ill and retarded?

Old 09-19-2008, 10:39 PM

rlrl,

We may have; I have a brother with down syndrome, and a son with autism. I'm trying to recall, and it seems my brain is shot for memory. But then again, we've had a TON of stuff going on these last few months, and I'm a bit sleep deprived these days!

I'll check my direct messages... your "name" DOES ring a bell!

Mary

Old 09-20-2008, 07:39 PM

Default It was you...

I recall you. I may not be accurate but did you say you were from Long Island or another state before moving to Del?

Old 09-20-2008, 08:40 PM

rlrl,

We moved here from NC, but lived on Long Island about 16 years ago. Hubby's family is from Long Island... still there, in fact.

What great memory you have! Mine is shot!

Mary

Old 09-21-2008, 05:02 PM

3 posts, read 13,764 times
Hi all new to board.
I agree! I used to go to RB way back when I was in highschool and after a few years of the Jersey beaches after I got married,returned w/family to RB/Lewes(for vacation). Several years ago we bought a small mobile home in a park about 1 mile from the beach...I am there as much as possible. Would like to move (husband and me) to a bigger place (even a bigger mobile) but unless hubby loses his job (and it is looking shakier each month) we are stuck in PA.
I actually like the park we are in (right on Rt.1) but to live there permanently...maybe like to get to a quieter place.
Can anyone tell me anything about Rehoboth Bay MHP? Is it part of the Pott's Net group? (Hope not).
Back on topic...everyone does seem friendly in Sussex County..except for some over on the North Shore...but regular folks are fine!I have met many who moved from NJ,PA...no one is sorry they made the move.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:28 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,415,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee1953 View Post
Hi all new to board.
I agree! I used to go to RB way back when I was in highschool and after a few years of the Jersey beaches after I got married,returned w/family to RB/Lewes(for vacation). Several years ago we bought a small mobile home in a park about 1 mile from the beach...I am there as much as possible. Would like to move (husband and me) to a bigger place (even a bigger mobile) but unless hubby loses his job (and it is looking shakier each month) we are stuck in PA.
I actually like the park we are in (right on Rt.1) but to live there permanently...maybe like to get to a quieter place.
Can anyone tell me anything about Rehoboth Bay MHP? Is it part of the Pott's Net group? (Hope not).
Back on topic...everyone does seem friendly in Sussex County..except for some over on the North Shore...but regular folks are fine!I have met many who moved from NJ,PA...no one is sorry they made the move.
I'm guessing your trailor is in Whispering Pines?

Old 01-24-2011, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,729 times
It was called Jack Lundy's Deli, it was privately owned and I think its closed. I used to eat there as a kid in the 70's and 80's. Have a great day!

Last edited by toobusytoday; 01-25-2011 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: Mod edit - new posters cannot post links, link removed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: