Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:25 PM

144 posts, read 360,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Oh that is discouraging. I guess no more homes have been built then. My understanding was the clubhouse wasn't going to be built til some time in 2011 which does seem a way off for the residents there now (although I understand that they prob. want more homes sold). Did you visit any other promising communities? Thx for the update.
Hi Honeycrisp,
They were suppose to start building the clubhouse this month. Rich, at Roseville said that there is going to be a meeting 9/14 with the investors to see if they will agree to build a section of the clubhouse for the current residents to have at least something..He gave the example of perhaps the indoor pool and gym areas. Yes we have visited all of the ones mentioned. Over the holiday weekend we visited Independence for the first time and there clubhouse is beautiful and fully constructed. The models are very nice to. We also like Spring Arbor located in Middletown. Especially the proximity of the Walmart and Kohls. If for some reason you could not drive anymore, they are within walking distance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 04:49 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeD View Post
Rich, at Roseville said that there is going to be a meeting 9/14 with the investors to see if they will agree to build a section of the clubhouse for the current residents to have at least something.
I wrote to Rich yesterday to introduce myself and provide some brief background about my progress toward relocating to Roseville and my hopes to arrange for another visit in the fall. I sent it with a return receipt, which arrived mid-morning yesterday, so he saw the letter. There has been no response. Not a good first sign for me.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:55 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,420,365 times
Thanks, DeeD, for all your info and insight. I hope for the sake of the residents that they will build part of the clubhouse. While the residents realized the clubhouse would be 'on hold' for a while, they probably never thought it w/b indefinitely, it doesnt seem fair. Waiting a few months wouldnt be a dealbreaker for us but waiting many months would be, gotta wonder if it will ever come to pass. One of the major ways to get to meet and know others is thru the clubhouse and if you don't have that, there's no activities and it's not good. Sure, you can get together to play cards or go out to eat but most ppl probably hope for more than that buying into a brand-new community. It's too bad b/c we really liked Roesville, the models were lovely (there were 2 we liked a lot) and the distance between homes we felt was more than adequate. The distance between ROesville and general shopping would have been more than we were used to but it was doable. It s/b interesting to see how this plays out but it's likely back to the drawing board for us (hoped to go back in Dec/Jan or so for a visit and still may, barring anything unforeseen).

So of the 2 others you looked at, did you prefer one over the other or are you still looking around? We know nothing about either, guess we'll have to do some homework, at this point we're keeping our options open and are also considering other states.

Quote:
Hi Honeycrisp,
They were suppose to start building the clubhouse this month. Rich, at Roseville said that there is going to be a meeting 9/14 with the investors to see if they will agree to build a section of the clubhouse for the current residents to have at least something..He gave the example of perhaps the indoor pool and gym areas. Yes we have visited all of the ones mentioned. Over the holiday weekend we visited Independence for the first time and there clubhouse is beautiful and fully constructed. The models are very nice to. We also like Spring Arbor located in Middletown. Especially the proximity of the Walmart and Kohls. If for some reason you could not drive anymore, they are within walking distance.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:03 AM

As far as the clubhouse, the Roesville website has always said, "The construction of the Lodge is planned to begin Spring of 2010 with anticipated completion of this state of the art facility to be Spring of 2011". They had been considering starting this fall, but had never officially changed their plan. I hope that the meeting on September 14 does provide some updated info ... and I do hope I hear from Rich. I'm disappointed that I have not so far.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:18 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,420,365 times
No response yet isn't encouraging but it's still early and I would think you would soon, I would hope so anyway, it's just courteous and good business practice, keep us in the loop if you do, I wish we could be a fly on the wall at that meeting on the 14th <G>.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
No response yet isn't encouraging but it's still early and I would think you would soon, I would hope so anyway, it's just courteous and good business practice, keep us in the loop if you do, I wish we could be a fly on the wall at that meeting on the 14th <G>.
I was hoping for "Hi Charley - got your letter. I'm still figuring things out here but I hope next week to contact you and we'll continue the conversation. Thanks for your continued interested in Roesville".

Thirty seconds is all that would have taken. I'd imagine I'm not the only one so I'd think that he'd have that kind of response ready for any letters he'd get the first week or so.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Thanks, DeeD, for all your info and insight. I hope for the sake of the residents that they will build part of the clubhouse. While the residents realized the clubhouse would be 'on hold' for a while, they probably never thought it w/b indefinitely, it doesnt seem fair. Waiting a few months wouldnt be a dealbreaker for us but waiting many months would be, gotta wonder if it will ever come to pass. One of the major ways to get to meet and know others is thru the clubhouse and if you don't have that, there's no activities and it's not good. Sure, you can get together to play cards or go out to eat but most ppl probably hope for more than that buying into a brand-new community. It's too bad b/c we really liked Roesville, the models were lovely (there were 2 we liked a lot) and the distance between homes we felt was more than adequate. The distance between ROesville and general shopping would have been more than we were used to but it was doable. It s/b interesting to see how this plays out but it's likely back to the drawing board for us (hoped to go back in Dec/Jan or so for a visit and still may, barring anything unforeseen).

So of the 2 others you looked at, did you prefer one over the other or are you still looking around? We know nothing about either, guess we'll have to do some homework, at this point we're keeping our options open and are also considering other states.

Hi Honeycrisp, My husband and I are still in the research and learning phase. We have not ruled out Roesville, but will check back periodically on its growth. We like the Riverdale model without the upstairs. You get the most for you money there. Shopping and medical help is a little far away. I am sure eventually with all the growth to be in that area, they will build shopping areas and walk in medical clinics, etc.

Independence, was nice, with good growth and a beautiful clubhouse already built with and indoor and outdoor pool. It also has a activity director which may be important to some.

Spring Arbor is coming along very nicely. They built the clubhouse as planned which only has an outdoor pool. We llike that there homes are built on crawl spaces and not on slabs. I quess coming from Long Island where it is very damp, it is something to consider. Shopping and medical help is not far away. It is also 2 1/2 hours from New York if you leave at 530am in the morning, which is nice for us.

We also like Watson Run near Lancaster, PA., beautiful countryside and homes starting at $239,500 and up to $325,000 with or without basements. Maint $169 and taxes $3,800.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
As far as the clubhouse, the Roesville website has always said, "The construction of the Lodge is planned to begin Spring of 2010 with anticipated completion of this state of the art facility to be Spring of 2011". They had been considering starting this fall, but had never officially changed their plan. I hope that the meeting on September 14 does provide some updated info ... and I do hope I hear from Rich. I'm disappointed that I have not so far.
Hi Charley, I looked through my brochure about the clubhouse to be built date, just to double check the information that I provided. There is a section on a white ditto that came with the package and it says "When will construction of the Lodge begin"? answer: "the construction of the Lodge is planned to begin Fall of 2009 with anticipated completion of this state of the art facility to be Spring of 2011". Hope you hear from Rich very soon, he is very nice and helpful.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Hi Charley, I looked through my brochure about the clubhouse to be built date, just to double check the information that I provided. There is a section on a white ditto that came with the package and it says "When will construction of the Lodge begin"? answer: "the construction of the Lodge is planned to begin Fall of 2009 with anticipated completion of this state of the art facility to be Spring of 2011". Hope you hear from Rich very soon, he is very nice and helpful.
Hi DeeD I had not seen that ditto sheet. Interesting. The website never changed but obviously their marketing material is a little different.

I'm glad to hear your thoughts about Rich. I do suspect he is temporary, as there is a posting for a sales professional at Roesville and the resumes are to be sent to him.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Hi DeeD I had not seen that ditto sheet. Interesting. The website never changed but obviously their marketing material is a little different.

I'm glad to hear your thoughts about Rich. I do suspect he is temporary, as there is a posting for a sales professional at Roesville and the resumes are to be sent to him.
Hi Charley: Rich himself will tell you that the clubhouse should of started to be built. Yes, Rich is temporary, he told us so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware