Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 06:59 AM

9,728 posts, read 14,273,043 times

Advertisements

Magnolia, DE - Suspicious Person
Delaware crime: Children being lured in Magnolia area, police warn | delawareonline.com | The News Journal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 07:37 AM

903 posts, read 3,506,790 times
Thanks rdlr, yet again, for the link! Thankfully, our kids' school has been keeping us up to date on incident reports... as I understand it, the perpetrator is approaching children when they are walking home from the bus. Not just young/elementary school children, but middle schoolers as well. I love it when I see the police work so closely with the community and take a pro-active stance! This is not the first incidence we have seen of this... and we are very pleased in our choice to move to DE!

And on another topic you posted, we have also seen lots of volunteerism (re: the Polar Bear Plunge for Special Olympics) since moving here. It is amazing (and refreshing) to see such active support in this little bitty state! Are you taking cold showers to prep for the plunge????

Old 01-18-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
Thanks rdlr, yet again, for the link! Thankfully, our kids' school has been keeping us up to date on incident reports... as I understand it, the perpetrator is approaching children when they are walking home from the bus. Not just young/elementary school children, but middle schoolers as well. I love it when I see the police work so closely with the community and take a pro-active stance! This is not the first incidence we have seen of this... and we are very pleased in our choice to move to DE!
Definitely, not to be taken lightly by anyone. If the Delaware State Police are concerned, we certainly should be.
Other: I'll DM you.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:36 AM

699 posts, read 2,896,292 times
[quote=maryCh;12495616]Thanks rdlr, yet again, for the link! Thankfully, our kids' school has been keeping us up to date on incident reports... as I understand it, the perpetrator is approaching children when they are walking home from the bus. Not just young/elementary school children, but middle schoolers as well. I love it when I see the police work so closely with the community and take a pro-active stance! This is not the first incidence we have seen of this... and we are very pleased in our choice to move to DE!

Hi Mary, Not having school age children, this is the first I'm hearing of this. Thanks rdlr the heads up. I will keep my eyes open . I'm glad to hear that the schools are proactive on this , that parents and children are aware and informed and I assume are also instructed on what to do if approached by this individual.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:20 PM

903 posts, read 3,506,790 times
I know my son's school (middle school) had a special assembly a few weeks ago to alert the kids. While I am not a huge fan of pulling kids out of class for assemblies (they are usually for fundraisers these days), I was very glad they did this with the kids. And the school systems have an alert (probably computer generated) that dials out to all the student's homes with the announcements from the principal. Thanks for modern technology!

Isn't it sad that kids have to worry about this sort of thing? Mary

Old 01-25-2010, 05:52 AM

Default Rain, Wind, Flooding Today

January 25th ~ Low lying areas may be flooded today. This article doesn't mention Kent County, Delaware, but we are experiencing high winds and rain at this time.

NWS: watch for rain, wind and flooding | delawareonline.com | The News Journal

Old 01-26-2010, 05:27 AM

Default Seals On the Delaware Coast

Those frequenting Delaware beaches during quiet times of the year may spot some seals who've come ashore. Not all sightings are reported, but these were, to the Marine Education, Research & Rehabilitation Institute in Lewes.
Three seals take a break on Delaware coast | delmarvanow.com | The Daily Times

Old 01-27-2010, 06:28 AM

Default Unions Demonstrate at Legislative Hall - Dover

Governor Calms Crowd -
Delaware government: Markell calms angry crowd of jobless | delawareonline.com | The News Journal

Old 01-28-2010, 06:53 PM

Default Table Games Signed Into Law Today

January 28th -
Governors Signs Law - Table Games in About 4 Months
Markell signs table games bill into law | delawareonline.com | The News Journal

Old 01-30-2010, 04:39 PM

Default More Snow Than Predicted

Video
Up to 8 inches of snow in Sussex County, tapering off in the northern part of the State
delawareonline.com | Wilmington VideoNetwork | The News Journal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware