Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 08:24 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,781,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Lea View Post
I went to an oral surgeon on Aug 31. I had the upper and lower left wisdom teeth removed (even though I only had a cracked lower wisdom tooth that needed removal). The surgeon said they always take them out in pairs. I am not having a problem with the upper space, but the lower one has solid bone coming through the inside back gum area beside where the tooth was. At first, it seemed almost like a pimple that was very painful. I went to my regular dentist on Oct 11, and he said it was likely a bone fragment. When he got in there, he found that it was solid bone that would not move even though he drilled into it. Now, I feel another place behind the first one, and I can feel bone in both areas. This is the most painful sore mouth I have ever had. My regular dentist did not really say what to do about it except to take Ibuprofen, and he did not offer any antibiotics. I will call him tomorrow to see if there is anything else I can do. I sure won't have the other wisdom teeth removed on the left unless it is absolutely necessary. I read on another post that it is easier on a person when wisdom teeth are removed when you are younger. I am 74 years old, so maybe that is why I am having such a bad experience.

I'm curious as to why you would go to someone besides the oral surgeon for this? The dentist should have referred you back to the oral surgeon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health