Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 02:11 AM

932 posts, read 899,645 times

Advertisements

I had my top 2nd premolar removed for like 3 years now and i see or feel no difference although i still would like to head to Mexico and get a implant

Right now my bottom second molar huge cavity/tooth fell out so it is missing the rear inner corner down to the gums, like a big sqaure piece. I feel some light pain and sensitivity when eating

Right now I pull with coconut oil to keep bacterial and infections away. doing this may save some time but i do not know what a dentist will recommend. i have no insurance but im going to head to a no insurance/low income clinic soon for exam to see what they say but i probably will just have it pulled and head to Mexico for a implant as well in January or February

Other then this i have nice teeth, I'm just kind of upset I probably will have to remove my 2nd molar. I swear after this Im taking care of my teeth

Oil pull works. Use coconut or sesame oil. I dentist tell me i needed a root canal but after pulling and flossing with a water pik for months I went back and they were shock as my tooth have healed itself. I also take cod liver oil and avoid sugars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 11:43 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,485,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I went with the pull the tooth strategy for any tooth that ever gave me a problem, now at 66yrs of age i have no original teeth and a beautiful set of dentures that give me a better looking smile than did my original teeth., havent had a tooth problem in 20 years.
I'm with you, jambo.

At age fifty-eight, I've kept my teeth longer than most in my family. Our Northern Scots DNA isn't great in the tooth department - apparently. My great-grandmother had all her teeth extracted when she was twenty-six, due to a gum infection. She lived to be eighty-six and pretty much ate what she wanted.

Her eldest daughter (she had nine kids, as did I), my grandmother, had all her teeth removed early in life too, although I'm not quite sure at what age. She lived to be a few weeks shy of ninety-nine, and she too ate what she wanted.

My mother only had about eight of her own teeth, I think - four on the top and four on the bottom - but she died earlier than the others from a smoking-related illness at age seventy-two.

I have to go to the dentist soon as several fillings have fallen out, most of which are forty years old, so I can't complain. I'm told that I need several root canals now, but I won't be going that route. I'd rather have well-fitted dentures. My only concern was my ability to sing with dentures, but my dentist assures me that I shouldn't have a problem. Here's hoping; I sing for a living!

Mahrie.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:45 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
I'm with you, jambo.

At age fifty-eight, I've kept my teeth longer than most in my family. Our Northern Scots DNA isn't great in the tooth department - apparently. My great-grandmother had all her teeth extracted when she was twenty-six, due to a gum infection. She lived to be eighty-six and pretty much ate what she wanted.

Her eldest daughter (she had nine kids, as did I), my grandmother, had all her teeth removed early in life too, although I'm not quite sure at what age. She lived to be a few weeks shy of ninety-nine, and she too ate what she wanted.

My mother only had about eight of her own teeth, I think - four on the top and four on the bottom - but she died earlier than the others from a smoking-related illness at age seventy-two.

I have to go to the dentist soon as several fillings have fallen out, most of which are forty years old, so I can't complain. I'm told that I need several root canals now, but I won't be going that route. I'd rather have well-fitted dentures. My only concern was my ability to sing with dentures, but my dentist assures me that I shouldn't have a problem. Here's hoping; I sing for a living!

Mahrie.
At your age, you're still pretty young to have dentures. You'd need them for maybe 30 years or longer. Considering you'd need relining, occasional replacements, possibly even grafting if you don't wear them often and end up with bone loss at some point during the next 30 years, you might want to consider the up-front expense of implant dentures. You'd never have to worry about them falling out, because they "snap" onto the implants that are drilled into your bone. And never -ever- have to worry about denture adhesive - the decision to get the super-stick stuff with lots of extra potentially toxic zinc, or getting zinc-free which might mean slipping dentures while you're belting out a tune.

My husband's going the implant denture route and the expense is almost overwhelming but he's only 55, and 40, 30 years is too long for him to go around with removable dentures for the rest of his life. If he was 80 I'd say yeah go for the removables. But at his age he needs teeth that can really chomp on chompable foods

Old 08-03-2014, 01:33 PM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times
My root canals from my younger years started going bad in my 50s. By that I also mean having cysts developing from them. When I got abcesses from them, I said just pull them and have gotten bridges. Easier and don't have to bother with them.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 9,325 times
Default Never Leave Dead Tooth In Your Mouth

Never ever ever leave a dead tooth in your mouth. Dentists are killing people with root canals and crowns. This is based on research by a team of scientists led by Dr Weston Price almost 100 years ago and suppressed by the ADA. If they admitted the truth they would have a massive legal problem.

Virulent bacteria is trapped in 300 miles of tubules in the Dentin and migrates throughout the body, especially to the heart. Read the "Root Canal Coverup".

Extracted dead teeth from humans implanted in rabbits. The human is healed and the rabbit gets the human's disease. Replicated hundreds, if not thousands of times.

I actually had my root canal biopsied after extraction and it registered "severe" levels of toxicity, which was suppressing enzymes and other bad things.

Same with mercury fillings; they are deadly -- just inches from your brain. Get rid of them. Stop calling them "silver" fillings.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:58 PM

2 posts, read 9,325 times
Default Laser Exception

Laser techniques may allow you to keep a tooth that an establishment Dentist says needs a root canal. Problem is when I checked into this about 2 years ago, there were only 2 dentists in the West that were doing these laser techniques, one in Colorado and another in California. Maybe it's spread more by now. The drawback, of course, is huge expense, which prevented me from doing it.

For 6 months I have been trying to "remineralize" the tooth using fermented cod liver oil from Blue Pasture. Unfortunately, I agitated it really bad with the back of my electric toothbrush about a week ago and it looks like I'll have to get it pulled Monday.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 8,743 times
I would avoid ever getting a root canal again. Not only was mine not properly anesthetized, so i was in agonizing pain the whole procedure, but like most root canals, there was still some minute infection that the dentist could not remove. Years later, it became massively infected, so I got endodentic therapy for a couple thousand dollars. 6 months later, the infection was back, and I had the option of getting a 1000 dollar scan on my head to look at my tooth, or to have it removed.
After so much pain and suffering and money spent, I opted to have it removed. When they removed it, they found a huge abscess outside of the tooth that was caused by the infection. It had eaten away at the bone almost to my sinuses. It had been affecting my immune system for years, causing me to get sick often, and since its removal, my overall health has improved. I had a bone graft and now have a titanium screw holding my crown in place, and that screw will last me for the rest of my life.
I will never get a root canal again, and I highly recommend just getting the tooth pulled and replaced with an implant. It will save you money and pain, and even save your health.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:51 AM

2 posts, read 8,743 times
I would avoid ever getting a root canal again. Not only was mine not properly anesthetized, so i was in agonizing pain the whole procedure, but like most root canals, there was still some minute infection that the dentist could not remove. Years later, it became massively infected, so I got endodentic therapy for a couple thousand dollars. 6 months later, the infection was back, and I had the option of getting a 1000 dollar scan on my head to look at my tooth, or to have it removed.
After so much pain and suffering and money spent, I opted to have it removed. When they removed it, they found a huge abscess outside of the tooth that was caused by the infection. It had eaten away at the bone almost to my sinuses. It had been affecting my immune system for years, causing me to get sick often, and since its removal, my overall health has improved. I had a bone graft and now have a titanium screw holding my crown in place, and that screw will last me for the rest of my life.
I will never get a root canal again, and I highly recommend just getting the tooth pulled and replaced with an implant. It will save you money and pain, and even save your health.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:30 AM

1,656 posts, read 2,781,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiFederalist View Post
Laser techniques may allow you to keep a tooth that an establishment Dentist says needs a root canal. Problem is when I checked into this about 2 years ago, there were only 2 dentists in the West that were doing these laser techniques, one in Colorado and another in California. Maybe it's spread more by now. The drawback, of course, is huge expense, which prevented me from doing it.

For 6 months I have been trying to "remineralize" the tooth using fermented cod liver oil from Blue Pasture. Unfortunately, I agitated it really bad with the back of my electric toothbrush about a week ago and it looks like I'll have to get it pulled Monday.
What is an "establishment dentist?"

Old 11-11-2014, 01:12 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiFederalist View Post
Same with mercury fillings; they are deadly -- just inches from your brain. Get rid of them. Stop calling them "silver" fillings.
You get more exposure to toxic mercury from eating fish than you do from a amalgam filling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health