Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 01:38 AM

973 posts, read 1,452,745 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here pay for their own Dental Ins.?

I am looking at doing that to cover my Wife and myself. I just don't know where to look or even which ones to trust.

Not going to b.s. on this and I know we should have seen the Dentist more regularly. Money toward medical and other life situations just had to come first. We are going to try to fix stuff and keep up with it now that we have our Medical problems pretty well fixed for now.

She need some major work. Her parents should have done it when she was a child but did not. So I want her to be taken care of.

I will probably have the Dentist filling out overtime cards too.

So We are talking probably extractions, crowns or whatever they need to do. She will need something to replace certain teeth from the childhood problem. I know it will not just be a simple cleaning for us.

With all this in mind, about how much a month are we talking for the insurance and if you can throw me some company names that you think are good insurance companies that would cover this stuff without too big of a hassle. I want to check them out. If they have how much co-pays are on their websites.. that would be great too.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 02:06 AM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
Dentalinsurance.com is the place to go. Sounds like you probably need to get one of the HMO plans that limit you to certain dentists since plans like Delta Dental limit you to $1000-$1500 per year and cost about half that in annual premium. The key is finding a good dentist within the HMO network of whatever insurance plan you choose. Unfortunately it's usually the same dentists in all those kinds plans regardless of the insurance company, and if there are not good ones on the list your are SOL.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:31 AM

973 posts, read 1,452,745 times
Thanks Ceece. Looks like some of those are even limited by available Dentist in my zip code. As in Humana One Prepaid Dental would work great for us... no dentist in the network within 25 miles though. One company looks promising but I need to decipher the difference between their 3 plans. Careington Care Discount Card plan 501, 501 Multi Care and 501 Total Care.

The Limits and waits I don't think would be right for us at this juncture.... but after we get rolling and some problems fixed as we can afford, then they might become more useful.

To anyone: Still researching so please add more info if you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health