Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 12:35 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,931,864 times

Advertisements

Update. There was a delay at the lab with my crowns so I didn't get them until yesterday. Everything seems to be fine. Now if I could just remember that I can chew on both sides of my mouth now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 05:28 PM

5 posts, read 15,892 times
Congrats!

Old 02-07-2015, 10:10 PM

5 posts, read 15,892 times
Well, got the second part done on Monday and its Sat now... and it was awful. Nothing like the sinus lift which was painless and smooth.

This is Painful, your mouth takes a REAL BEATING..lots of bleeding, lots of drilling in and out, in and out OMG, they have to numb you real good .. the needles hurt like hell, got 5 shots and area still tender..and stitch you up again which always sucks.

My implants got infected the very same night, I was surprised so fast? I was in pain allllll night and face VERY swollen. Got antibiotics, swelling going down but still hurts a lot ( I got three implants on my upper right back).

sorry don't mean to scare anyone away, I am still glad I am getting implants but your mouth does take a beating, its a rough surgery I am not going to lie.

Will not be doing the left side now until they finish the right side completely, I cant go through this surgery again so soon...and if the same thing happens, deal with this again..i need time to heal....I can wait for the other side.

Keep you posted again soon.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:19 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,768,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyeyedmaiden View Post
Well, got the second part done on Monday and its Sat now... and it was awful. Nothing like the sinus lift which was painless and smooth.

This is Painful, your mouth takes a REAL BEATING..lots of bleeding, lots of drilling in and out, in and out OMG, they have to numb you real good .. the needles hurt like hell, got 5 shots and area still tender..and stitch you up again which always sucks.

My implants got infected the very same night, I was surprised so fast? I was in pain allllll night and face VERY swollen. Got antibiotics, swelling going down but still hurts a lot ( I got three implants on my upper right back).

sorry don't mean to scare anyone away, I am still glad I am getting implants but your mouth does take a beating, its a rough surgery I am not going to lie.

Will not be doing the left side now until they finish the right side completely, I cant go through this surgery again so soon...and if the same thing happens, deal with this again..i need time to heal....I can wait for the other side.

Keep you posted again soon.
It sounds like you had a tough time of it. Make sure to take the antibiotics as directed - all of them, even if you feel 100% better before you've finished taking them.

Don't smoke or drink alcohol. You can drink alcohol again in a couple of days, but your smoking days are over.

The -most- pain you are likely to feel at this point, will be from the lidocane injection sites. And that might take a few more days before you don't notice it again.

If the doctor recommended a prescription mouthwash, use it.

Unless the doctor specified that you shouldn't - use warm salt-water rinses once or twice a day. Just a couple pinches in a couple ounces of lukewarm water, swish it gently near the surgery area for 30 seconds, and spit it back out again. You can do it in tiny sips, and you don't have to use up the whole cup's worth. This is going to help with the pain. I don't know why salt-water helps, there's probably a scientific explanation somewhere but I never asked my dentist. I know you don't pour salt-water on an external wound - but in the mouth, it's actually soothing.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:37 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,779,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyeyedmaiden View Post
....My implants got infected the very same night, I was surprised so fast? I was in pain allllll night and face VERY swollen. Got antibiotics, swelling going down but still hurts a lot ( I got three implants on my upper right back)....
Out of curiosity, what makes you think you got an infection the same day as your surgery? You mention pain, swelling and improvement of swelling with time, but nothing specific to an infection.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:02 AM

1,248 posts, read 2,165,980 times
I am trying to decide on a sinus lift for an implant or just getting a partial for the very back molar. I already have a bridge back there so they would have nothing to anchor another bridge to. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me why they chose one over the other? Thanks for any info, and I'm glad OP had such good results.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:21 PM

8 posts, read 69,520 times
To clarify a little the situation.During synus lift ,the sinus cavity is not open.The cavity liner (membrane) is lifted carrefuly and synthetic bone is placed.Most of the time the implants are placed in the same appointment as the synus lift,.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:26 PM

8 posts, read 69,520 times
It should be a decision that was made during consultation.Partial "plate" versus implant supported crown.If you tolerate the partial,and you are willing to wear a metal structure replacing one tooth,than that would be a poor option,and it is a removable restoration.Implant is the option of choice to replace one single missing tooth.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:19 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,992,368 times
I am in this situation now where I must decide whether to go with a sinus lift/implant/crown, or just do a bridge over the missing tooth.

The first option is not covered by insurance so I am looking at around $8K, the sinus lift alone is $3700. A bridge would be covered so my out of pocket would be less than $1K. Also, the implant option might take close to a year, start to finish, when I could have the bridge done right away.

The sinus lift scares me, it sounds so invasive, but after reading some of the posts above I am feeling a little more at ease.

I did just have an implant done on the other side, and I was amazed at how quick and simple it was. Way better than a root canal.

I wish had brushed more as a kid!

Old 04-09-2016, 07:34 PM

9 posts, read 13,062 times
Hi, its Greyeyemaiden: sorry I took a while to get back...Well, I am all DONE WITH MY IMPLANTS..yes I got a small infection but I think the student teacher who was learning on me didn't sew me up too good lol.. .but that was nothing, got some antibiotics and it went away.
so I have 3 on my upper back right side and 2 on my upper back side. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM.

its been a loooooooong 2 years, I went through 2 sinus lifts (left and right upper) and then the entire process after that.

SO WORTH it and feels great and I can eat anything..just have to be careful to keep them clean and remember they have no cushion like our real teeth..
Any questions just ask, I know just about everything now lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health