Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 01:29 AM

14,935 posts, read 12,132,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
and thousands of people are going to Mexico and having no problems with their dental work whatsoever.

Do you actually believe that every person using a dentist here in the US never has had a problem despite spending way more money $$$$$$$$$$$ ?
LOL, well good for them. I'm still not about to take the chance of going to a foreign country to find my dental care to save a few bucks on it, especially as I have found good dental care a few miles away from where I live. You choose to do so, that's on you, I don't care, but color me skeptical about it.

And I don't believe I ever said, or even implied, that everyone who has ever visited a dentist in the US has been without exception successful in having his dental issues solved. Fortunately mine have been without having to travel out of the country to do so, so I won't be taking any chances based on a few glowing reports about alleged "quality" dental work done on the cheap
combined with sun, fun and carousing courtesy of our neighbor to the south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 06:46 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,994,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
If I won the lottery, I would get implants instead of dentures.

Oh wait, I got implants and didn't win the lottery.
So you have artificial fake teeth in your mouth also ?

You are like a one legged guy ridiculing another one legged guy because his artificial leg can be taken off while your artificial leg is permanently attached and cost you 15x as much .

Old 07-02-2017, 08:50 AM

629 posts, read 932,788 times
Quote:

You are like a one legged guy ridiculing another one legged guy because his artificial leg can be taken off while your artificial leg is permanently attached and cost you 15x as much .
To borrow your favorite saying - "Apples to oranges"

You are comparing a horse and buggy to a car.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:04 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
apples to oranges, she has a few implants not a mouth full of plastic like you

Quote:
I have 2 implants next to each other on my bottom left and food gets stuck between them more often than under a 3 tooth bridge I have on the bottom right. Maybe the implants are not close enough together, but it's no bother cleaning them and I would get them again in a heartbeat!

My implants replaced an old bridge on teeth 18, 19 and 20. Tooth 18 completely decayed under the anchoring crown and I did not know it, the crown was no longer attached to the tooth. I felt no pain and didn't understand how that had happened without pain. This was about 10 years ago when I was not flossing daily or cleaning under the bridge well enough. The options I had were 1) implants or 2) removable partial. Since it was the bottom and I had heard horror stories of plates on the bottom of your mouth, I went with the 2 implants.

My bridge on the right (teeth 28, 29, 30) is in good shape, I do floss it nightly and use floss with a floss threader (not) nightly. I better start again or I might lose this bridge!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Old 07-02-2017, 11:22 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,994,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bart0323 View Post
To borrow your favorite saying - "Apples to oranges"

You are comparing a horse and buggy to a car.
BOTH dentures and implants are artificial teeth

(I thought a dentist would realize that )

Old 07-02-2017, 07:42 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,485,395 times
Quote:
The ones I know are snowbirds and the friends of snowbirds who have the money to live two different places depending on the season.
That is different than going to Mexico for 1 week to get a full mouth of dental work and then having problems once you get home. If I lived in Mexico for 6 months a year, I would consider getting dental work done there, I do believe there are good dentists in countries other than the US!

Quote:

I never ridiculed your dentures. You have dentures and are okay with that. I wanted 2 implants so I would not have to have a bottom partial. Everyone is unique and can do what they wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
apples to oranges, she has a few implants not a mouth full of plastic like you
lol yep, 2 implants very bottom left. The dentist told me if I didn't get implants that I'd need a removable partial denture and I did not want that. I was able to afford implants and I'm happy I was able to get them! I'd do it again if I had to.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
That is different than going to Mexico for 1 week to get a full mouth of dental work and then having problems once you get home. If I lived in Mexico for 6 months a year, I would consider getting dental work done there, I do believe there are good dentists in countries other than the US!
I never ridiculed your dentures. You have dentures and are okay with that. I wanted 2 implants so I would not have to have a bottom partial. Everyone is unique and can do what they wish!
lol yep, 2 implants very bottom left. The dentist told me if I didn't get implants that I'd need a removable partial denture and I did not want that. I was able to afford implants and I'm happy I was able to get them! I'd do it again if I had to.
I'm with you, I want my teeth in my mouth whether they are crowns, or implants or fixed bridges doesn't matter I just don't want my teeth soaking in a glass next to my bed overnight

Old 07-02-2017, 09:07 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,313,804 times
Quote:
and thousands of people are going to Mexico and having no problems with their dental work whatsoever.

Do you actually believe that every person using a dentist here in the US never has had a problem despite spending way more money $$$$$$$$$$$ ?
Correct!

Old 07-02-2017, 09:19 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,313,804 times
I get all of my dental work done in Tijuana. I have a great clinic that I go to, and they have 11 dentists. Each dentist has their own cubicle to work in, and I haven't had any problems with their work.

I have a dentist that only cleans my teeth, and a dentist that made my lower dentures. Two weeks ago, I went in and another dentist did my root canal. I still have to go back for two more visits, one for the crown impression, the other to fit the crown. The dentists are great, the work is quality, and the prices are reasonable. Plus, if if need be, they'll get me in right away.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I get all of my dental work done in Tijuana. I have a great clinic that I go to, and they have 11 dentists. Each dentist has their own cubicle to work in, and I haven't had any problems with their work.

I have a dentist that only cleans my teeth, and a dentist that made my lower dentures. Two weeks ago, I went in and another dentist did my root canal. I still have to go back for two more visits, one for the crown impression, the other to fit the crown. The dentists are great, the work is quality, and the prices are reasonable. Plus, if if need be, they'll get me in right away.
That probably works out great for you since you live in National City, you're what 35 minutes from Tijuana? If you had a problem you could easily drive back the same day. Since Tijuana is about a 9 hour drive from my house, I wouldn't want to have to drive back if I had a problem, so I think I will stick to dentists near my home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health