Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2021, 10:52 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,076,280 times

Advertisements

If anyone went through gum surgery during the past year (during COVID), I would like to hear about your experience. I'm referring to gum surgery where they cut a flap in your upper palate. Afterwards, did you feel the mask made your recovery more challenging--such as because of restricted air flow or having to deal with bleeding while pulling the mask on and off, or in general just having to deal with the mask on your face at the same time as dealing with pain, swelling, etc. I was thinking the mask might affect healing.

Secondly, did anyone who had gum surgery scheduled decide to postpone it, due to COVID?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2021, 03:39 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,559,144 times
I did . No special protocols except the routine temperature check and form exception disclosure. I didn't get the roof of mouth procedure(palate), but got the existing gum one. Get the roof of mouth one instead. I heard it is much better than the existing gum procedure. You don't wear any mask when having it done. In fact, you take it off while waiting for the periodontist. The recovery with and w/o mask doesn't factor in.

My surgery was somewhat botched and even the surgery after to fix it didn't help. The most important thing is make sure that you don't lose any gum BETWEEN your teeth. The sutures that were ran between my teeth and adjacent one cut(missing) or lowered my gum line drastically. You will get sensitivity in between your teeth.

You need to ask detailed questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health