Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2023, 04:33 PM

926 posts, read 416,989 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I just had two wisdom teeth extracted yesterday. Both are on the same side. The top tooth went very fast. The bottom one was impacted and on the nerves: it took longer and necessited some drilling and then sutures. The dental surgeon and his assistant were gentle. The procedure was painless.

Yesterday I rested. Today, too, and tomorrow as well. Felt out of it yesterday. Feeling better today. I'm 41 years old, by the way.

Here is my question: on Sunday I'm supposed to talk online for about 3 hours and a half. It's online, so no need to commute. I do it from home. Is it safe to do and do I risk getting a dry socket by talking two much ? (it's an interaction with one other person at a time, so it's not me giving a lecture and talking non-stop, but still).

Looking forward to your opinions and comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2023, 01:19 PM

23,270 posts, read 18,787,820 times
What did your surgeon say when you asked him about it?

Last edited by Parnassia; 04-15-2023 at 02:18 PM..

Old 04-15-2023, 03:42 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,117,303 times
Drink plenty of fluids and/or suck on a cough drop while talking for that long. I have had several teeth (but not wisdom) removed for implants, and my dentist had me use a special antiseptic mouthwash twice a day for a week after. When is your apointment to remove the stitches? That's when it will be healed, though may be a bit of bleeding then.

Old 04-15-2023, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Drink plenty of fluids and/or suck on a cough drop while talking for that long. I have had several teeth (but not wisdom) removed for implants, and my dentist had me use a special antiseptic mouthwash twice a day for a week after. When is your apointment to remove the stitches? That's when it will be healed, though may be a bit of bleeding then.
Hi Hemlock. I'm using an antiseptic mouthwash as well. An d taking an antibiotic for a week (Amoxicillin). The stitches are dissolvable, so I don't have another appointment scheduled.

Old 04-15-2023, 11:06 PM

6,147 posts, read 4,506,352 times
If it's not on their list of things not to do, it's probably OK, though your mouth might feel really tired and sore. Can you tell the person at the other end and see if you can shorten it?

Old 04-16-2023, 06:18 PM

Alright, so in the end it went fine. No pain, so no dry socket, I guess.

Old 04-17-2023, 10:17 AM

6,147 posts, read 4,506,352 times
Dry socket is usually caused if you lose the scab or clot or whatever covers the spot that's healing.

Old 04-25-2023, 01:37 AM

1 posts, read 545 times
The healing time after wisdom teeth extractions can vary from person to person depending on factors such as age, overall health, and how many teeth were extracted. However, in general, it takes about 7-10 days for the initial healing process to occur. During this time, patients may experience some pain, swelling and bleeding. To manage these symptoms effectively, dentists usually recommend applying ice packs to the affected area for 20 minutes at a time every few hours and taking prescribed pain medications. Overall, while everyone's recovery period may differ slightly based on individual factors such as age and health status; with proper care including restorative diet plans , medication management ,and adherence of dental professional advice -patients should expect full recovery within two weeks following extraction procedure .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health