Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 12:30 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,803 times

Advertisements

It didn't really hurt too bad when I got the IV, I was A lil bit nervous but I was asleep the whole time they did the sugerey. And they gave me motrine so that releives the pain I had after. You feel weird when they wake you up from that IV stuff, they had to wheelchair me out to the car.

Last edited by 2goldens; 07-23-2009 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: Moved from Other Topics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 12:36 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,366 times
I need mines out, mines are impacted, and I keep putting it off. Been putting it off for years now. I am SCARED TO DEATH and even more scared to get put under. Sometimes they bother me, sometimes they don't. Right now they don't, so I'm not thinking about getting them things pulled out of my head right now. Glad your surgery went well, though.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:37 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
I hope you heal nicely, and I sure do hope you weren't driving.
When my older son got his out, he was so zonked that he asked, "When are you going to get started?" when they had just finished.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:12 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I hope you heal nicely, and I sure do hope you weren't driving.
When my older son got his out, he was so zonked that he asked, "When are you going to get started?" when they had just finished.
I woke up crying. Not out of pain or anything, I think the anesthesia just does different, weird things to people.

OP, just take their advice seriously about taking it easy, no straws, etc. The healing seems to go pretty quickly. Here's a lollipop.

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 07-23-2009 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: I can't write one post without forgetting something...

Old 07-23-2009, 03:43 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
i have a moler that needs to be pulled not looking forward to that still have all four!!

but the good news is i just saved 389 dollars by switching to geico

Old 07-23-2009, 06:22 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,803 times
Where they did the surgerey on me its already healed up pretty good. Shoot I ate chicken and Taco Bell today. I was really scared of the IV but it wasn't that bad, like a 2-3 second pinch and than I was sleeping after that.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:48 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Where they did the surgerey on me its already healed up pretty good. Shoot I ate chicken and Taco Bell today. I was really scared of the IV but it wasn't that bad, like a 2-3 second pinch and than I was sleeping after that.
Good for you, it sounds you are recovering better than I did when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I could only eat milk shakes and mashed potatoes for about 3 days. Mine were removed a long time ago so they've probably improved their techniques these days.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:03 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,461,785 times
I'm glad your wisdom teeth are out and it's all behind you now.

Aren't those wheelchair rides to the car awesome?

TTDave....there's nothing wrong with milkshakes and mashed potatoes!

Old 07-23-2009, 08:16 PM

19 posts, read 51,557 times
I hope you feel better.

I had one of mine taken out last Monday and I am still in terrible shape. My dentist had a rough time pulling it out since it just broke my gum surface. so as he's pulling and pulling his sharp dental instrument slips and cuts up the back of my throat near my tonsils. So, besides the intense gum, cheek and ear pain I have, I couldn't swallow anything for days without sharp pain. This has finally gotten as little better but I will NOT get my last one taken out no matter what.
My wisdom teeth came out after I became pregnant with my children. I have three children and with every pregnancy I had a wisdom tooth pop up. So, I have one left, below the gum and this is now my birth control. hahaha. Well, not really but the thought, just the thought of getting it done one more time is enough to kill any feelings of amore.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:44 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,526,534 times
If you have been told you need to get them out, do so. If they are impacted they will affect your second molars. You could have a problem with your bite later on in life or develop a TMJ problem which I had, and now my bite has shifted and giving me lots of problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health