Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 08:05 PM

2 posts, read 4,500 times

Advertisements

My husband, myself and 5 year old son are close to accepting a job offer in North Aurora. After only spending a brief amount of time there, we are possibly interested in Tallyn's Reach or one of the newer neighborhoods in Parker? Can someone please help. We were hoping to keep price of home around 450k and hopefully less if possible, but good schools are #1. Ability to have a realistic commute time is #2.

Here are my questions...does anyone know anything about Richmond American homes in Tallyn's Reach? We really like their floorplans, but have seen some negative stories on the web (not for this community though) Does anyone have an experience with them in this neighborhood?

Also, considering Parker CO, but outside of Idyllwilde where I heard the builder went bankrupt and Pradera, which is DR Horton and I'm not interested in building with them, I can't find anything else.

Please advise - we are really only interested in newer homes that would be less than 30 minute commute time to N. Aurora. Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated. Since we are not from the area and may only live here a few years due to possible relocation again, I need to make sure we are investing our money wisely, while still maintaining a family-friendly balance with good schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 08:22 PM

11,842 posts, read 34,487,830 times
Get thee to a buyers agent. Preferably one with a lot of new construction knowledge. A local broker with new home expertise will help you make a good buy, and keep the sales/construction staff on task.

Yes Village filed for bk, but their assets were bought.

There are a ton of new homes for sale in both areas. Are you building from dirt or taking a spec home? I guess it depends on your landing date.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:29 PM

54 posts, read 129,486 times
Tallyn's reach has higher property taxes than the surrounding area, Parker has some water issues creeping in. If your husband is working in North Aurora there are many more options open to you further north in the more established Aurora area or parts of Denver too.

If I was guessing I might say your husband may work in my area near the UC Hospitals? If so he should ask coworkers where they live and what the trade-offs are as they are well suited to weigh the trade-offs.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:54 AM

401 posts, read 856,163 times
What about Centennial? Or Westminster?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver