Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 08:44 PM

4 posts, read 25,027 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Denver this summer, and are considering relocating to one of the western suburbs. Can anyone give me info re: catholic elementary schools in these areas? Any you can recommend? This will be one of the factors we take into consideration when choosing our new home, so your comments are greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 10:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Nativity of Our Lord School in Broomfield
St. Louis School in Louisville
Sacred Heart in Boulder

I know nothing about these schools, just that they exist. Holy Family High School that they feed into is considered a good school, the assumption would be that these schools are good, too.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:03 AM

257 posts, read 946,214 times
I have friends who have sent their daughter since elementary school to St. Mary's, and they think it has turned her into the bright, respectful, ambitious girl that she is (she is now in 10th grade). They swear by that school. One thing though, it becomes an all-girl at about the 6th grade, or something like that. These friends said that Regis Jesuit is also an excellent school, I don't know if it is Catholic, what a Regis Jesuit is. Can't help you there.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:02 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
I don't think they are all the same, but I don't know much about them other than what our Catholic friends said (they live on the east side of Denver, their high school kids go to Regis Jesuit High School, which is out in Aurora.)
"Jesuit" is a religious order of men and has long been connected with academia.
I do remember hearing good things about St Mary's.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:09 AM

11,827 posts, read 34,436,540 times
Post google is your friend

Relocating, need advice - Denver - City-Data Forum We are relocating to Denver from Indiana in July. We have 3 kids, one of which will be ... There are more than a few Catholic schools in thr metro area. ...
//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...ed-advice.html - 60k - Cached - Similar pages

Old 03-05-2007, 12:22 PM

4 posts, read 25,027 times
Thanks for the info on the catholic schools!

Old 03-05-2007, 03:01 PM

739 posts, read 2,949,169 times
I've heard great things about St. Mary's as well and would be easy to get to from west (go east on Hampden)

Old 07-02-2007, 10:36 AM

136 posts, read 327,732 times
Smile K-8 Catholic Schools?

Hi everyone,

We will be relocating to Denver soon, and I have enjoyed reading many of your posts to get familiar with the area. My questions are about the Catholic Schools in Denver. I haven't had much luck on the web finding information about them - many of them don't seem to have websites. I am looking for a larger school, one with 2 sections of each grade. I believe that St. Vincent de Paul and Notre Dame are this size. Are there any others? What are the reputations of specific Catholic schools in Denver - which ones are considered "best?" I would be interested in hearing about any of Catholic schools you may be familiar with. We are more liberal than conservative, so a very conservative parish would not be appropriate for us. How to gauge this long distance seems impossible - any thoughts?

We would like our children to walk to school - 15 minutes at most, with a safe walking route. We'd like a 3-4 bedroom, 2 bath home, and the top of our budget is $400,000. We aren't sure yet where my husband will be working, but being close to the lightrail would be great - we are currently a one-car family who lives in a very walkable, mixed use neighborhood, and we would love to maintain this way of life.

Thank you so much for reading all of this, and I will be so grateful for any thoughts and information anyone may have!

Old 07-02-2007, 04:31 PM

739 posts, read 2,949,169 times
st. vincents is walkable from wash park, bonnie brae. 400K would be virtually impossible within that neighborhood although if you pushed closer to 500K you may find something the in the 500s in south bonnie brae. Platte Park would meet your needs for price, close to light rail (walkable) but you would have to drive to that school- but it a 5 min drive tops

another good catholic school is Good Shepherd. This is in the north country club area. AGain, very pricey but you could possibly find something in Congress Park and Lowry (Lowry will be new home in a new urbanist development). Again, not very walkable but a 5 min drive.

I don't know suburbs at all in regards to schools.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
I know a little bit about the NW suburbs re: Catholic schools.

St. Louis School in Louisville: smallish, but well regarded. In downtown Louisville. There is housing in Louiville in your price range.

Nativity of Our Lord School in Broomfield: I'm not sure of the size; I think larger than St. Louis. Also well regarded. Broomfield also has housing in your price range.

Sacred Heart in Boulder: Ditto re: size. In Boulder. Boulder is very pricey. You could probably find something in your range, but not near Sacred Heart.

People around here are very amenable to car-pooling. You could probably work something out re: the transportation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver