Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 12:56 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,000,942 times

Advertisements

denverian wrote:
I suppose you do adjust to it over time, but it was still fairly miserable for at least 5 months per year.
Perhaps some people are able to adjust to the humidity but I was never able to make the adjustment. Although I grew up in the intensely humid summers of PA, then later lived in the western US and Canada in much drier climates, I was never able to re-adjust to the humidity when I lived in the eastern US once again. Friends and family said I'd get used to it, but the reverse happened for me. I hated the humidity a little bit more every summer until I reached a point of having enough, so I returned to the drier climate of Colorado 5 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 08:00 PM

431 posts, read 1,241,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eepstein View Post
I lived in Colorado Springs back in the late 90's and don't remember it ever getting above 90F. Generally Colorado Springs is cooler than Denver in the summer, but it seems like the thunderstorms always formed in the afternoon which thwarted an otherwise rapid temperature increase from the early morning hours.

But it's really interesting when you think about it. Most of metro Denver is between 5-6000 feet above sea level, yet it can STILL get well into the 90's. I've always found that rather odd, especially during a warmer summer like this one.

AND ANYONE WHO THINKS THAT DENVER DOESN'T HAVE A GREAT SUMMER CLIMATE SHOULD SPEND JULY AND AUGUST IN AUSTIN.
Colorado Springs tends to get more afternoon t-storms in the summer, due to it being so close to the Front Range. Denver can get them too but not as often, though both usually get clouds from the mountain storms each day late in the afternoons. Both cities can get well into the 90's but the elevation and storms/clouds often prevents it.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:03 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,191,352 times
Hot in Denver? Here in wonderful Wichita, KS we hit 112 today. We are nearing 40 days of 100 this summer. I hate this place.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:24 AM

563 posts, read 910,480 times
Here in Houston we are at 84 days over 90F (of course today it's 102F with a heat index of 108F).

I feel bad for you guys in Wichita. Pretty soon this heat wave will break and you guys can enjoy some fall weather.

I'm pretty sure through October we will still be fighting off 90+ temps. I'm actually wondering if we are gonna break some kind of record. I bet we have 150 or more when its all said and done. It sucks spending 1/3+ of your year like this... LET ME OUTTA HERE!!!

Old 08-03-2011, 11:31 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,000,942 times
knrstz wrote:
Here in wonderful Wichita, KS we hit 112 today. We are nearing 40 days of 100 this summer.
The Wichita Lineman must be having a tough summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver