Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2012, 07:36 PM

284 posts, read 516,643 times

Advertisements

I am trying to figure out what kind of monthly pass I would need to ride the following:

the "S" line from Broomfield PNR to Arapahoe and 30th in Boulder. Is this express, local, regional? I would imagine that I would not have to pay as much as someone travelling from Downtown Denver...

The BV from Broomfield PNR to 29th street and take the Boulder BOUND bus.
If I take both Denver transit and Boulder transit do I need to buy passes for both or is there a monthly pass that will cover both?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 07:55 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,292 times
Have you checked the RTD website? Order a map while you're there.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:12 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,401,935 times
This webpage will explain the different route fares on regional buses:
RTD

The BV and S bus from Broomfield to Boulder and the other way, requires an express fare. Boulder and Denver are both under RTD and there is only one requirement for a pass. The Bound Route in Boulder requires a local fare. Any pass will always cover the less expensive fare and are credit for a higher fare. All you need to do is show your pass to cover the local route fare. If you decide to go on a regional bus, a higher fare, then you would show your express pass, if that is all you had and no regional pass, and pay the difference.

If you decide to pay the express fare by cash on the BV or S bus to Boulder and did not buy a pass, then you must request a transfer from the driver upon boarding. This transfer you would show upon boarding the Bound Bus and would cover the local fare.

If you are going the other way and start your trip with a cash fare on the Bound Bus, then you would again request a transfer upon boarding. When you board the BV or S bus to Broomfield--be sure to mention Broomfield as your destination, then you would show the local pass and pay the difference to the express fare.

All transfers have a time stamp with an expiration time. RTD is now testing the Smart Card System which you can load up with cash and will change the whole system of passes http://www3.rtd-denver.com/elbert/ne...ex.cfm?id=2430

WOW, did I confuse you or myself! Ha, ha, it is really simple but it is a hassle to pay cash if you are a regular transit user. It is much easier just to buy a pass and you will get a accrue a discount, if you use it regularly. Many business people get discount or full passes from their company, called eco-passes. I would check with your company in Boulder. The City of Boulder is very public transit proactive and may provide some sort of discount pass and I would be surprised if a Company in Boulder did not offer some discount.

Livecontent

Old 06-07-2012, 10:56 PM

284 posts, read 516,643 times
Thank you for your reply and the links. I have been taking the bus daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver