Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:33 PM

27 posts, read 73,105 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are planning to move to Denver next summer, but we're debating Verizon vs. AT&T now while we still live in Los Angeles. Wanted to know if it's all right for us to stay with AT&T or if we should jump to Verizon, given that we'll be locked into a 2-year contract. What's the coverage like in the Denver area for these two carriers, especially south of the city in the Highlands Ranch/Littleton/Centennial area (where we're looking to live eventually)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 06:52 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
AT&T is fine, no need to change.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:26 AM

399 posts, read 817,175 times
I'm not sure if AT&T has a coverage map like Sprint but I would use that to see the current coverage. Dropped calls on certain streets and such or neighborhoods with poor reception will be something people living THERE can tell you about as it varies with each neighborhood (even if the coverage map says otherwise). For most intends and purposes, the coverage map, if provided, will be mostly accurate. Your mileage may vary.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:47 AM

27 posts, read 73,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobe Itsavized View Post
I'm not sure if AT&T has a coverage map like Sprint but I would use that to see the current coverage. Dropped calls on certain streets and such or neighborhoods with poor reception will be something people living THERE can tell you about as it varies with each neighborhood (even if the coverage map says otherwise). For most intends and purposes, the coverage map, if provided, will be mostly accurate. Your mileage may vary.
AT&T does have coverage maps, but I don't trust them... they show the area where we currently live as being fully covered, but we have virtually no signal on our entire street, and the guys in the local store have admitted that we live in a problem area despite what the website maps say. That's why I wanted to ask someone with firsthand experience in Denver about coverage, I had heard that AT&T also has big problems downtown.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:25 PM

93 posts, read 295,690 times
whatever you do, DON'T get Verizon. Good reception, but they are tricksters and deliberately give you false information so they can get money out of you. Call in, ask a question and they will give you a different answer every time. Then later when you question why your being raped, they will apologize for giving out "misinformation".

if I can sway one person's decision to either A.) cancel everything Verizon or b.) choose someone else over Verizon, I feel I have done a good deed for the day. I can't even begin to explain the frustration I have experience from them after being a customer for over a decade. Just insane.

I currently have T-mobile and have zero complaints on reception, service, etc. Plus I think they are somewhat cheaper in terms of fees compared to others. Their phones kinda suck, but if your like me and not someone who needs the coolest phone, then it's not a big deal.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:44 PM

2,394 posts, read 5,000,636 times
Have AT&T in that area and works fine

Old 09-02-2011, 03:53 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,764,799 times
I was very happy with AT&T in Denver. Much better performance than in LA.

I've also tested Sprint in Denver and had less quality in the metro area, but it had much better reception on the i70 corridor to the west through the mountains

Old 09-02-2011, 04:11 PM

619 posts, read 2,199,926 times
I actually have both (we're having a household technology battle and our truce led us to this folly) and they are both fine. I have found AT&T to be better in the outlying areas we visit on the weekends so if the slate were blank I'd go with them, but in HR/Littleton proper, there's no noticeable difference between the two..

Old 09-08-2011, 01:15 AM

1,617 posts, read 5,674,861 times
Keep in mind that Verizon (and AT&T) are no longer taking sign-ups for unlimited data, so if you currently have that feature with AT&T, look at your usage and consider carefully before switching away.

Don't lock into a new contract before you move. I'd hold on to the phone you have until you settle in to the new city. Then you can decide to either keep AT&T because it's working fine, or evaluate Verizon during the 14-day return period.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:06 PM

371 posts, read 1,211,545 times
Default Verizon or AT&T?

I'm finally getting a smartphone. Up to this point I've had a phone that only calls/texts and it's on a small local carrier from my home city that basically picks up service from other towers around here. They said that since I'm going to have data now I'll have to go with a national carrier. Which one has better service around here? I'm getting the galaxy sIII. Right now I'm leaning towards AT&T because it looks as though they have 3 GB of data for the same price as verizon has 1GB...the voice minutes for AT&T are much less but I hardly ever use the phone for actual calling anyway, so that's not an issue. I live in Thornton, work in Commerce City, and am in the downtown area a lot on nights/weekends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver