Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:03 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Jack N the Box restaurants were all over parts of Denver back in the 1970's and early 1980's back before the rumor surfaced that they served kangaroo meat. I knew of at least one Taco Cabana in Boulder on 28th and Canyon; it was more or less considered a joke to the average Boulderite and it's doors only remained open for about three years. I am also almost certain there was a Wataburger across from Sloans Lake in EdgeWater till around 1980 or so. All these restaurants are more than underwhelming imo.
There is a Jack N the Box in Newport Beach off PCH and Balboa that some friends drag me to now and then, but for the life of me I don't see how it's any better than say Burger King..different tastes I suppose.

Give me Cherry Cricket/West End Tavern for a real burger or give me death.
Taco Cabana had a location in Lakewood (across from the Villa Italia Mall), one out on Arapaho Rd., and one in Aurora off the 225 in front of the Home Depot. They're all Arby's now. They came to Denver in about 1995 and pulled out 2-3 years later. I remember there being one in Covina, CA off the 10 as well that went away. I guess they tried to expand beyond TX at one point, but pulled back. I lived in San Antonio for a couple years and actually liked the place. Seemed like very authentic Tex-Mex food and they made their own tortillas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 11:14 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I don't eat fast food since I like to weigh what I'm supposed to and want to live beyond 60, BUT, we would occassionally get food from Pollo Loco in California and take it home. I just can't sit and eat in that environment, but the chicken, rice, veggies, and salsa are all fairly healthy. I had no clue they had one here. Too far out of my way though.
You're so funny.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
You're so funny.
And thin

Old 03-15-2011, 01:27 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Jack in the Box just opened in Highlands Ranch. As much as I used to like them I now cannot eat there. I grew up with Jack in Southern California.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:01 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
And thin
LOL.

When I was in 8th grade, I took a step-aerobics class as an elective (it was the only class that didn't involve book work ).

Our field trip at the end of the semester?

Jack in the Box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Jack in the Box just opened in Highlands Ranch. As much as I used to like them I now cannot eat there. I grew up with Jack in Southern California.
Did they ban you, or is it just not good?

Old 03-15-2011, 10:58 PM

664 posts, read 2,066,679 times
Quote:
Taco Cabana had a location in Lakewood (across from the Villa Italia Mall), one out on Arapaho Rd., and one in Aurora off the 225 in front of the Home Depot. They're all Arby's now. They came to Denver in about 1995 and pulled out 2-3 years later. I remember there being one in Covina, CA off the 10 as well that went away. I guess they tried to expand beyond TX at one point, but pulled back. I lived in San Antonio for a couple years and actually liked the place. Seemed like very authentic Tex-Mex food and they made their own tortillas.
Also one at Broadway & Mineral (where the pizza hut is now). I liked it and liked how you picked out the salsas. Guess Baja Fresh is the closest place around like that?

Old 03-16-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilicheesefries View Post
Also one at Broadway & Mineral (where the pizza hut is now). I liked it and liked how you picked out the salsas. Guess Baja Fresh is the closest place around like that?
Yeah, I'd say Baja Fresh is kind of similar. I have eaten at BF a couple times in the past year and found it healthy and tasty, although a bit expensive. Taco Cabana has such a great salsa bar, and then you can get Margaritas or beer. I don't really consider it fast food, although I suppose it really is. We used to go there when I lived in San Antonio, usually at 2 a.m. after the bars closed and sit out on the steamy, hot patio and eat.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,393 times
Rubio's is similar to Taco Cabana, too. Salsa bar and you CAN get a margarita or beer. There are 3 or 4 in the Denver area.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolitangroup View Post
Rubio's is similar to Taco Cabana, too. Salsa bar and you CAN get a margarita or beer. There are 3 or 4 in the Denver area.
I actually meant to say Rubio's, not Baja Fresh. They are similar with the taste and salsa bar.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:45 AM

Saw a news article that Steak N Shake is going to open a location in Centennial. I have many memories of business trips to the midwest with a Banana Split Shake from them for desert. Pretty yummy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver