Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 11:21 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,314,867 times

Advertisements

Okay folks, this is my last photo tour of the summer-- I promise. This is a collection of photos I shot from various locations around town on several different days, mainly of the south and southwest suburbs, that show what Denver "really" looks like for people who live (or are planning to live in) the outer suburbs. Hopefully this can be useful for some to get an idea of what the Denver metro area looks like in the late summer.

Parker Rd as it goes by the east side of Cherry Creek State Park. This is one of the only townhouse developments in the metro area that I know of built in a Spanish-style with red tile roof and stucco.

Here's that same scene, but wet:

This was taken earlier in the summer:

Personally, I'd take this over Washington Park any day, but that's just me.

This is right across the street from Smoky Hill HS (SE Aurora)

Cruisin' down Smoky Hill Rd:

I love that winter-green color bush!

More examples of contemporary shopping center landscaping:

This is an unusual townhome development by the intersection of Smoky Hill & Quincy, with an amalgamation of different styles:

This is the "dam road." No, I was not doing the driving when I took these or any of these other pictures.

Now we shift to the far northwest suburbs. I believe this is Westminster:

This is Boulder Rd, I want to say in Louisville... but I'm not sure.

Commerce City! Here's a few shots of an area that many drive through every day on the way between DIA/Aurora and Boulder:

Not a shot of downtown you'll find on the Chamber website...

Back to the southeast suburbs-- this house is at the edge of the Valley Country Club.

This is that monster pedestrian light rail bridge crossing over I-25:

Merging on to C-470 westbound:

Typical suburbia shot from the overpass. As you can see, there is quite a bit of smog in the background:

Heading down to the South Platte River:

Typical big box house sprawl:

Entrance to the Arrowhead golf course:

I'm not sure what this dam is called; it's a bit south of Chatfield:

Roxborough State Park:

Back on C-470. Can you imagine having a giant billboard sign literally right in front of your house?

Greenwood Village, Belleview, heading west:

The Hampden bridge over I-25:

This was taken off I-25 somewhere between Monument and Castle Rock:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 04:10 PM

75 posts, read 303,788 times
I love these pictures!!! Don't apologize for posting these as I really enjoy seeing Denver. I've been there twice this year and remember many of those places in your photos. Thank you for sharing the wealth.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:13 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,089,883 times
Great tour, thank you!

Old 08-24-2008, 04:32 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,137,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Indeed, South Boulder Rd., just west of McCaslin, leaving Louisville, headed towards Boulder (about 5 miles or so). This stretch of road is an adventure when there's snow and ice.

Thanks for all your photo tours.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post

suzco beat me to the punch about the first picture. That is near my house. Many of our neighbors ride their bikes into Boulder to school or work down that hill.

The second picture looks like Broadway in Boulder, looking north towards the hospital area.??

Old 08-24-2008, 05:24 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,137,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The second picture looks like Broadway in Boulder, looking north towards the hospital area.??
Broadway & University? But where's all the traffic?

Old 08-24-2008, 06:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
As I look at this picture more closely, I see the street sign says "University". So I guess you're right. I was wondering the same thing about the traffic.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:48 PM

136 posts, read 460,977 times
Great job Vegas. I dig it!

Old 08-24-2008, 10:41 PM

12 posts, read 47,342 times
Thanks, this is definately helpful!

Old 08-24-2008, 11:42 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,314,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
suzco beat me to the punch about the first picture. That is near my house. Many of our neighbors ride their bikes into Boulder to school or work down that hill.

Yes, you're right, that second picture was in Boulder right across from the CU campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver