Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 10:28 PM

10 posts, read 11,592 times

Advertisements

I know that years back, apartments in Denver were relatively inexpensive. I have been trying to find a place in Capitol Hill or as close to it as possible. I guess its safe to say that I am a CCD student on SSDI disability looking for a studio up to a 2 bedroom because my sister will be here as soon as I can find a place. Does anyone know of any places around Capitol Hill that go for around 400-550 a month or at least willing to work with me on the 2 to 3 times the rent thing? Rental managers are also encouraged to respond to this post as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 10:53 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,124,244 times
From what I have read, the Evans Station Lofts are income-based housing. They are located on the light rail line -- which should be free to you as an Auraria student.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:03 AM

557 posts, read 811,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeindenver View Post
I know that years back, apartments in Denver were relatively inexpensive. I have been trying to find a place in Capitol Hill or as close to it as possible. I guess its safe to say that I am a CCD student on SSDI disability looking for a studio up to a 2 bedroom because my sister will be here as soon as I can find a place. Does anyone know of any places around Capitol Hill that go for around 400-550 a month or at least willing to work with me on the 2 to 3 times the rent thing? Rental managers are also encouraged to respond to this post as well
Not for 400-550. Cheapest on zillow right now in Capitol Hill is $725. And it doesn't show any pictures of the actual unit which probably means that its incredibly small and dated. You can expect most "decent" rentals in Capitol Hill to start around $800, but I'm guessing even that will start climbing as we continue to warm up and more people are looking to move.

Look at padmapper, hotpads, zillow, and trulia. Some will have listings that others don't.

Try apartmentguyz.com as well. Give them your criteria, and they'll see what's out there.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:14 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeindenver View Post
Permanent Affordable and Low Income Rental Housing in Denver

Old 04-20-2014, 10:21 AM

557 posts, read 811,021 times
I was just going to add something about Rio Grande lofts. I can't remember what they go for, but they offer extremely reduced rent, especially for living in heart of downtown. Maybe ~ $700? Naturally, high demand for them. They had great reviews.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:46 AM

459 posts, read 807,780 times
Have you tried searching on Colorado Housing Search site for rent reduced properties. I would assume a college student on SSDI would qualify for most of those income based discounts, and may qualify for some vouchers.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
From what I have read, the Evans Station Lofts are income-based housing. They are located on the light rail line -- which should be free to you as an Auraria student.

hey thank you Davidv, i just contacted them and hopefully i will hear back soon

Old 04-20-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD401 View Post
Not for 400-550. Cheapest on zillow right now in Capitol Hill is $725. And it doesn't show any pictures of the actual unit which probably means that its incredibly small and dated. You can expect most "decent" rentals in Capitol Hill to start around $800, but I'm guessing even that will start climbing as we continue to warm up and more people are looking to move.

Look at padmapper, hotpads, zillow, and trulia. Some will have listings that others don't.

Try apartmentguyz.com as well. Give them your criteria, and they'll see what's out there.

Hey JD401, thank you for you information i have looked on padmapper, hotpads, zillow, but not trulia because i have not had any luck on it. I will try apartmentguyz.com. its been a truly tiring experience looking for a place that will work. i keep checking craigslist too. i write them sometime a few times but i dont get any reply. not really sure why that is.

Old 04-20-2014, 04:06 PM

Hey KaaBoom, thank you for your reply! i have been on permanent affordable and low income rental housing in denver before. i don't think it is up to date because many of the ones i have contacted on there were either not in service or not accepting anything. i understand that its difficult to keep many properties up to date though.

Old 04-20-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD401 View Post
I was just going to add something about Rio Grande lofts. I can't remember what they go for, but they offer extremely reduced rent, especially for living in heart of downtown. Maybe ~ $700? Naturally, high demand for them. They had great reviews.
Hey JD401, thanks again for more information i will look into them, if anything i hope they have a studio very cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: