Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 03:53 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Hit Bitterweet on Friday night. I am constantly floored by how great this restaurant is. Has to be the most underrated spot in Denver as far as I can tell.
What is their specialty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 03:54 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yep! It's under new ownership now, and it no longer closes for the month of January. And they've done a bit of sprucing up of the place, it looks very nice.

They just opened a take-out only location in Green Valley Ranch.
Does it have animatronic singing chickens and a petting zoo? Because otherwise....

Old 08-01-2016, 03:58 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times
Went back to the Iron Rail Tavern on Kipling in Wheat Ridge. It's just really good food. The steaks were done perfectly, and the other dishes (chicken cordon bleu and iirc ribs) were pretty spectacular.

The jalapeno cheddar mashed potatoes are impossibly good, and the roasted brussels sprouts make me love a veggie I thought was reserved for masochists.

Old 08-01-2016, 04:14 PM

760 posts, read 883,915 times
Ate in Linger. Food was good, but pretty overpriced and the service was awful. We waited 20 mins to get water and menus, then another 20 mins between the time they dropped off the check and picked it up. It wasn't even buys. We could see the servers chatting in the back.

Also ate at Ace in Capital Hill. Had Pad Thai. It was $16 and the portion was tiny. I would say about half of the entree was tomatoes or onions (in Pad Thai?!), and it only contained about 6 pieces of shrimp. The service was good though, and the atmosphere was nice for those who enjoy to play ping pong and ordering apps.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:28 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,565,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
What is their specialty?
The menu is always changing. Probably the best description of what they do is from their website.

bittersweet restaurant denver | artisanal cuisine

"Artisianal approach to hand crafted, playful and artfully created food that is not only grounded in fundamental culinary techniques but our verve for the Avant Garde. We make everything we can in-house using the best ingredients. By sourcing from local farms and fisheries, and partnering with those who take our same care and approach to their harvesting and herding-we offer food that is fresh, seasonal and artisanal."

Plates are so creative and the bartenders make awesome mixed drinks as well.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 08-01-2016 at 05:39 PM..

Old 08-01-2016, 05:34 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Does it have animatronic singing chickens and a petting zoo? Because otherwise....
Nope, just a little take out store front.

I was about to post that even more importantly, they don't have the corn fritters! But I just went and looked and they've changed the menu and say they now have them in GVR. My guess is that they got a lot of complaints about that so they went ahead and added another fryer or whatever they needed to be able to serve them.

My kid didn't think it was worth going there if he couldn't get fritters but maybe we'll give it another try now.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:52 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,445,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Ski View Post
Ate in Linger. Food was good, but pretty overpriced and the service was awful. We waited 20 mins to get water and menus, then another 20 mins between the time they dropped off the check and picked it up. It wasn't even buys. We could see the servers chatting in the back.

Also ate at Ace in Capital Hill. Had Pad Thai. It was $16 and the portion was tiny. I would say about half of the entree was tomatoes or onions (in Pad Thai?!), and it only contained about 6 pieces of shrimp. The service was good though, and the atmosphere was nice for those who enjoy to play ping pong and ordering apps.

We were just at Linger on Sunday and same situation. It took us longer to get greeted than to get our food. Won't be back.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:22 AM

760 posts, read 883,915 times
Need to catch up on places:

Blue Pan Pizza in Highlands - Wow...seriously one of my favorite pizza places ever. It's Detroit Style. The service was good, however it is tiny inside so you will probably have to wait a bit. If you go on Monday, it's 2 for 1.

Sassafras in Highlands - This was my second time. For some reason, I was really disappointed with the food. The brunch menu seemed very promising, but it didn't come out very well. The milk shake I had was very good, though it's hard to mess up a milkshake. Service was OK. I would go back, but from what I heard from everyone, it was a little disappointing.

Tony P's - Wasn't expecting much from this place so I wasn't really disappointed. Food prices were reasonable, but the quality resembled more of chain quality restaurant. The $1 meatball sliders were a good deal though, and the patio was nice.

Casa Bonita - Yeah...nuff said. But I'm glad I went.

Fire on the Mountain - Made the mistake of going on a Friday night. I could tell it had a lot of potential, but it was too busy to really enjoy. The sauce selection was good, and what I ordered was great, but I could tell it was rushed. I want to come back and try some other items.

Margs Tacos - The lunch menu was reasonably priced, but I left kind of disappointed. Had 3 chicken tacos and some quac. It was good, but I wouldn't say it was amazing like people have told me. The decor was kind of awkward, and the service was surprisingly slow for lunch.

Matador - I believe it's a chain, but everything I had was great. Went on a very busy night and still had good service. The tequila specials were also good.

Beast and Bottle - I looked at the menu beforehand, so I knew I was in for a steep bill. Mostly had small plates. The service was pretty disappointing for the type of restaurant they claim to be. Server couldn't really answer our questions about the wine, said she would ask the bartender, but then kept forgetting. I'm not really a food snob, but I had some over cooked pork in one of the dished, and because of the price I said something. At first the server tried to tell us that it was intended to be that way (?), but then after a few mins they came back apologized and replaced it. The second round was much better.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:20 PM

289 posts, read 450,813 times
Sabor in Centennial. It's a hole in the wall Mexican place. Love it.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:49 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box*of*rain View Post
Sabor in Centennial. It's a hole in the wall Mexican place. Love it.
What did you eat there that was delicious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver